Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Nike I think will influence this which scares the bejesus out of me. That said, I have not been in the camp of "we have the best uniforms in football" because we don't. They are really dull actually especially the hunter green ones. I am OK with a completely new identity. New logo, new color scheme. Green and white is too restrictive. I think maybe they bring in some elements from the Titan uniforms like the blue and gold. I think that could look really sharp as long as kelly green and white stay as the dominant colors.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm vehemently against a new color scheme. If they aren't green they aren't the Jets, IMO... I'm pretty confident they won't mess with that though.

I suspect you might be disappointed. They have shown the Titans uniforms for a reason. I think it will be mostly green and white, but would expect them to add a third or fourth color with gold making the most sense and possibly blue. The more variations they have the more sales they got. They are not just going to have green and white. JMO.

18 hours ago, LWC611 said:

I know I am going to be killed for this, but I actually like the Titans uniforms.  If they went back to that color combination I would not be upset...

I agree I like them as well. The uniforms are already created but will be many months before we see them. Going back to the Titans color scheme would be ultra bold. I could seem them adding in the and gold into a mostly white and green uniform. Some of this board would lose their mind. I am not in the camp that thinks it is somehow an awesome uniform or the best in the NFL. I think it is exceedingly dull.

49 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I understand peoples gravitation toward the kelly green but honestly i like our color green, or I would also like to go even darker. 

Genuinely need help. Can anyone identify a good team that has light colors that are good? (obviously whites don't count)

Light colors = soft

Chargers have not sucked in powder blue and they are the best uniforms in football. 

Eric Allen tweeted that the Jets uniform will be all NEW next year, suggesting new logo, design and possibly colors. FWIW

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20180401-165355-01-01-01.jpeg

Where is that uniform from? It looks amazingly like the jerseys that the QBs wore today

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

“A little bit of black “ is an awful idea 

they need to keep our unis two colors, simple, timeless 

home- white + green 

away- black + green 

Wouldnt hold my breath for that. Eric Allen said they are completely new, which implies new colors and probably a completely new logo. Expect to hate it.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

I meant new as in additional. I would assume Green stays the base color.

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

No it’s not. What do you call this then?

7474820A-D74B-499C-9C4D-DBC410F8D0F8.jpeg

Man the Nike construction on Jerseys is just a cluster F$%K patchwork abomination. I agree they are test floating the black. I do not like it. Everything in our country seems to be moving to either black or white in color or lack thereof.

Our biggest issue is the actual color green. It sucks. I can see bringing in blue or gold highlights to honor the Titans heritage.

I would like a completely new logo. I hate the 80s one, and the current is just meh....

2 hours ago, peebag said:

What do you want to see in a uniform?

Not directed at me, but I would like to see a new color green more like the Kelly Green. I would like it to be primarily green and white but I am open to adding a new color, but not black. That just seems so unoriginal and played out. I think either blue or gold from the Titans uniform could be used well if done sparingly, and would be a nice nod to our history. I would love to see a completely new logo. And whatever design it is avoid the whole patchwork quilt effect so many of the Nike uniforms get. 

Just now, SnackExchange said:

I don't think you're in the minority at all. That's what makes me sad.

No I think that black would be favored by a majority. I have read that multiple shades of black is like the new thing.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets went to kelly green and added a gray facemask ala the Namath uniforms, you're good. The Colts uniforms are pretty much flawless imo. Less is more. You dont see Alabama wearing hot crimson and black.

While I don't really want all trendy rainbow uniforms or black uniforms, I also think the super traditional uniforms like the Colts are just boring and dated looking. Hopefully they will aim in between, but I have a strong suspicion that the QB Jerseys used this wee ARE the jerseys of one of the new uniform options. 

12 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I have so little artistic skill that it's even hard for me to imagine what something could look like...

But whenever I hear about uniform designs and changes my mind is always pulled to paint swatches that you can browse at a hardware store.

So when I think of "Jets" green, how far am I willing to go off the current color?

I think out of this limited selection I'd be okay with Kelly, Emerald, Forest, Jade - ish colors

Harlequin is too bright... Hunter is too dark... Fern is too dull.. Pine is too bluw.

Related image

Great picture. The correct shade is "Kelly Green" Make it so.

I've decided I want to stay green and white only but Kelly green, and a completely new logo

Eric Allen tweeted in the preseason that it would be a completely new look, and hinted hard that would include a new logo. I do think we are getting a kelly or lime green, and I think there will be a black jersey like the QBs are wearing. I also think there will be some nod to our Titans uniforms as well with maybe some blue or gold in an alternate jersey. I think the core jerseys will be green and white, just with new green and a new logo, and there might be a black alternate and a Titans influenced alternate. I think they will use possibly white, grey and black facemasks depending on the uniform

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How would orange even work?

sparingly it could look neat

16 hours ago, slats said:

I do not want the black at all, but I agree with you that it appears to be inevitable. Don't see blue or gold incorporated, and really hope they don't add gray on top of the black. If anything, maybe two different shades of green to go with the black and white. 

I still think the coolest color add would be orange (a NY team color for the Knicks, Mets, Islanders), but they won't be that bold. 

I just get this feeling about blue or gold being used. Allen hinted a bit at it too, even hinted all the colors could change but I cannot see them going away from Green and White.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets just posted on insta about 

A bold new design for the modern Jets, it's going to be a dramatic change 

It's not looking like a minor tweek or change to Kelly Green 

Fingers crossed lol 

Link?

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

3 hours ago, Vader said:

I’m on the record as saying there is no way they go with a blue and green combo — way too seahawksy and it doesn’t look very good when they aren’t winning. I would bet you hard chips on the record it will not be blue and green.

the explicit nods we have gotten are to a lighter green, and black. those could be red herrings since they said “completely new” which could mean totally new color scheme sans green altho that would be dramatically off brand 

Look at the pic I linked. Its more of a blueish grey.,

22 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Dude. 

It might be time for a break. 

we'll see if I am right

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

If you watched the last episode of One Jets Drive (which I know came out like a month ago) I get the feeling that the uniform change is going to be very drastic. Here are some select quotes (my emphasis added): 

"How do we launch the next generation of the Jets?" - Nike

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward-thinking" - Neil Glat, Team President

"It is going to be a dramatic change" - Nike

For those who said the NFL requires 5 years of notice before color changes: 

"We kicked off this project in 2014" - Nike, 5 years would be 2019. 

"We felt it was really essential to create something new for the Jets" - Nike

"It's such a bold change, you don't do this very often, I can't remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change, anything like this" - Brand Director, NFL

"It's a really critical time in the Jets history and a chance for them to tell the fans who they are going forward" - Brand Director, NFL

They definitely won't be drawing any ideas from the past, everything is about new and moving forward. Will be interesting to see what they came up with over the past 5 years but I guarantee half of the fan base is going to hate it. 

Eric Allen in preseason, strongly hinted it would be very different, and have a new logo.

I think the new colors will be:  kelly green, white, blueish gray, blue (possibly gold in some versions.

The uniforms will be very different.

The One Jets drive thing really focused on the 80s logo, and that video was very precisely constructed so I am not sure of the logo, that could go either way. I think it will be different but take cues from the 80s logo.

But I strongly believe that the colors WERE shown in the video. See this pic: https://ibb.co/faUmOV

The guy in the back with the kelly green and blue gray shirt, I truly believe those are the base colors.

I think there will be a Titans inspired alternative in blue primarily with the grey and kelly green as accents.

Green shirt, white and grey pants with blue accents primary

White shirt  and green pants with blue and grey accents

All white with green, grey and blue accents

Green color rush with green and grey

Blue shirt and pants with green grey and white accents

80s throwback

I think those are the 6 variations we get.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

The uniforms will be completely different. Everyone posting pics of green and white uniforms that are derivative of the current or past uniforms are going to be disappointed.

think more the switch Tampa bay made from the creamsicles to the pewter and red. 

This will be a big change. It was called “bold”.

A “Bold” choice means it will be put forward as “different” and “unique” into an unknown with uncertainty of reception, where it may be liked or disliked. The uniforms wouldn’t be called “bold” if that wasn’t the case.

This is very true.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

You can't please everyone. No matter what they come up with a certain portion of the fan base won't be happy. I only care that the keep the Green & White and mix a little old with new (updated fonts) lose the stupid laced football, and I'll be happy. 

That is not bold. Dont see any way that happens

• Upvote 1

Titans unveiled theirs on April 4, so that is about when we will find out. Usually there is an event :)

16kwcg7.png

Then guy in the back right. Kelly Green and Blueish Grey. Those are our new colors. Id bet on it

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

Gray has been a very common color used for all teams in the "pro shops/team stores".

We may end up with gray in there, but these pictures your pulling from the video, I would almost bet have ZERO leaks in them. The TN TITANS new unis didn't get leaked until the night before the reveal. I doubt the team is going to start allowing leaks of the "new" look out this early. 

Its not a leak, more of an Easter egg for later when you go "oh that guy in that video was wearing these colors" I tweeted Eric Allen to give some more hints

9 hours ago, Vader said:

I think the green just above Johnson’s head and the grey on the birch tree just above the left shoulder of Portland sweaty shirt guy, and throw in a little accent grey asphalt from the road they are walking in. Those are the Easter egg colors imo

haha fine...we will see if I am right

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

bump.

I've come around to their all-white for road games and the black practice jersey with some white around the numbers for the home games.

Would not be "bold" and the video makes a point that it is.

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

If you watched the video regarding new uniforms on the Jets site, it says basically says it will be something completely new - no existing or old logo that has been recycled. So you can basically kiss the old oval logo goodbye, as well as any older version. I think there is some confusion regarding new uniforms and new logo. It looks like both will be new.

Eric Allen have said both are new, but I suspect that it may take some elements from the 80s logo since they showed it a few times in that video. I still remain convinced the colors are Kelly Green and blue-grey. I dont believe this reddit at all. It does not mention a mostly white uniform at all which we will have,

• Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I cant believe how many people are posting the alternate mini helmets as an indication of the new uniforms.  They are made for every team.  I think there's also a few that haven't been posted yet too, and those also wont be the new uniforms.

Lets be real here.  No one knows, and no one is going to know.  When we do finally find out, odds are it will be the same way the Titans leaked through, from the knock off jersey websites in China.

Actually many many people know. It just hasnt been truly leaked yet. We have to wait until Masters week

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

i think the blue grey u talk about is a gunmetal grey which is a bluish toned gray but ppl react to the “blue part” negatively.

i think darold’s been wearing the colors in practice all along. the black and green jersey (may be a slightly dif green - more pop to it) and the slate/gunmetal sweats and under shirt.

its a nice combo

image.png

It's certianly possible.  Funny thing is that using black as a new primary color does not seem "bold" to me. It would sort of be mainstream actually. Its why I think the grey is more likely, probably a lighter shade than that.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company