Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What's wrong with a boring and plain logo? The interlocked NY I guess would be boring, but it's classic.

A black suit will always be the standard.  Keep it classy, simple, and clean.  Hopefully none of these concepts are true.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know there's been a lot of discussion about Nike and how current sales are obviously being impacted, but just a tip....if you have some spare cash it might not be a bad idea to grab an authentic Darnold or Adams jersey (in current design) and stash it away for a decade.  Could become a collectors item if it's untouched.

In a decade, you might stand to make TENS of dollars!

• Haha 1

Yes.  I did.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Those are so bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m a designer. You’re a fan. I’m being objective. You have a bias.

And I respect your opinion, you in turn should respect mine.

Was curious to see your opinion.  Not surprised we agree.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.  Also, the feet on the ground are photoshopped poorly.  I'd be willing to bet you could find the source images somewhere out there.

That said, if it is true, as stated I don't like them.  I think the design is somewhat poor, and frankly, I just liked the old uniforms.  These look like an expansion team.

Here's the thing, the Jets have been around a long time.  You see uniforms that look like this, with bolder lines and brighter colors from new teams.

You'd never expect the Bears, the Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants, etc. to go with a look like this.  They stick with the classics, their history.  That's what the Jets should be doing.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The Patriots did and won 6 super bowls. Their "new" uniforms are now historic. Winning changes everything- GTFO.

These are nothing like the Pats uniforms, design wise.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

Even still, you'd have to admit, the photoshop work here is above novice, but not professional.

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Supposedly these shoots are done by the team and not Nike....so would that surprise you? It was probably done by a kid who graduated Montclair State last May. 

Yes, it would.

Even this promo on the website is much better:

This is simple, but it's well lit, well photographed, well designed, well balanced.  You think the light on the top of the helmet hits right there by accident?  You think just the outline of the hair and shoulder, hinting at the silhouette of Leonard Williams is luck?

The Jets may be a disaster of a football team, but there's plenty of professionals in the building.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s okay work, yeah. I think the issues are more with the design of the actual uniform, and the lighting during the separate photo shoots. Also them changing player heights and depth of field rules to create the shape of their bodies all lined up.

It’s just not an aesthetic I card for, any of it.

I don't like the uniform design either.  But, the overall image design, and the mediocre photoshop work is what makes me think it's a fake.

When the Jets release the image(s), I think they will be far more professional than this.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Screw the jets history. Time for a new chapter. Get on board old man!

I believe that in many ways.  And I'm young enough to have no recollection of seeing Joe Klecko play.  But, when it comes to the iconography of the team, I think you keep it.  Again, you'd never see the Packers do this.  And, they shouldn't.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I wouldn't judge the legitimacy of the leak based upon the quality of the leaked photo.

If the leak is real, the picture is likely a quick cell phone picture of a piece of promotional material that someone wasn't supposed to take so they took it on the DL.

Explains why some of the picture is cut off and the boarders are off kilter as well.

If there is was going to be a leak, it was going to come from something like this, a photo of a photo etc

Not the quality of the photo, the quality of the work within the photo.  The fact that it's somewhat overexposed and a bit blurry is irrelevant to why I think it's a home job.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Because only teams/entities that suck have to change their image to make simple-minded people forget that they actually still suck.

It's why Comcast took to calling themselves "Xfinity" to help people forget that they've had the lowest customer service ratings for, like, all eternity. Much easier than an actual culture change.

Thing is, the Jets only suck ON the field.  They sell a ton of tickets, they make a ton of money.  As a for-profit organization, they're doing just fine.  It's just that they suck at football.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh, Who cares what other teams would or wouldn’t do. Too worried about how we compare then just setting our own standard. 

I care, when it seems they’re making good decisions and the Jets are making dumb ones.  Are you a Yankees fan?  Think they should ditch the pinstripes?

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ehhhhhh.... maybe. Sometimes agencies give big clients their D-team because they’re impossible to work with and the D-team is good at just giving them what they want and getting that money.

Have the Jets ever released anything with a mediocre photoshop job?

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

On the other hand the NBA and international soccer teams make a killing by offering different and funky uniforms.

I don’t mind “alternates.”  That’s not what we’re talking about here though.

9 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I am, and I get the pinstripes, but I have had exactly ONE Yankee jersey in my whole life!  ONE!  I have had every type of spring training jersey imagineable.  why?  because the pinstripes is BORING!  It's iconic, I get it, and no I am not saying Yanks should change their uniforms.  I hate the Mets, but man, I would have a field day with those uniforms!  Black cap, black/blue cap, blue cap, black jersey, pinstripe jersey, etc etc etc

so from a marketing standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world.  I JUST bought a Darnold jersey last year.  Normally, I would be good for years, but now I will buy an Adams one in whichever color I like most.  The Jets are NOT the Yankees (in fact NONE of those teams - Packers, Giants, Pats, etc are the Yankees - no team is) so that comparison goes out the window.  Plus, the Jets have already changed their uniforms three times (if you include Titans), and even more if you include minor changes like adding black in the 90s, etc.  The Yankees have NEVER changed a thing.  Let's say they add names on back of the jerseys - then all bets are off.  The change is done, they could basically wear yellow after that point.  Once the Jets made the change to the "80s uniforms" as I call them, all bets were off for them IMHO.

I get that changes will sell more jerseys.  I’m speaking specifically to these changes, which, stylistically are not befitting the team, imo

Another thought on why this photo may be a fake...

Would the Jets risk including Robby Anderson in promotional material?  Did he sign his RFA tender yet?  What if a team signs him to an offer sheet this afternoon?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets had Adrian Murrell model the new unis in 1998 and he was gone a few months later.

I’m assuming Murrell was at least under contract at that time.  Technically, Anderson is not.  No?

33 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The level of conspiracy theory you are embracing here is alarming. 

I don't think there is a chance Anderson doesn't sign his tender. He is probably in ongoing negotiations for the long term deal. 

I don't think the photo is fake. The question is whether these are the actual uniforms. The team may have had the players model several uniforms and these are not the final choice. 

I know - what a conspiracy to think that what looks like a mediocre photoshop job done by an ameteur may be just that.  Further, that Robby Anderson, of “nut in her eye” fame, who’s not technically not under contract, might be avoided in promotional material.  #pizzagate

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The problem with the “this is an amateur photoshop” take is that even if that were the case, whoever made this would still need to have pictures of these players in these stances to mock this up. I would think someone would have found the originals by now if they were on the internet. Of course this still doesn’t rule out the “earlier mock up” theory.

Thought that too.  Because, honestly, I feel like I've seen that Jamal Adams stance/photo before.  But, not going to do my own search.

What if the real jerseys have actual wings?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

This is better than Game of Thrones

Only if everyone dies.

• Haha 3

Now we look and play like a HS team!

• Upvote 1

It’s an XFL Jersey.  Some people like XFL jerseys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

It's funny that even with something like this you generally have the same folks on either side of the debate. This could be a debate about the merit of safety at 6 and it'd be basically the same teams.

Imagine that’s because a handful of people basically just backfill their opinions based on the principle that “whatever the Jets do, is good.”

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

If what you say is accurate, and I'm not disagreeing, is this some kind of tendency towards conformity or pack mentality?

Conformity of thought - probably best explained by warding off dissonance.

If we're looking at this really objectively.  These aren't NFL uniforms.  They don't look like any other NFL uniforms.  They look like XFL or HS uniforms.  Mostly, they look like a product designed to sell to 18-30-year-olds.  They have harsher lines, brighter/bolder colors.  And what a shock, that's exactly what Nike is in the business of doing.  The design shows a complete lack of care for or interest in the New York Jets.  It's a product, and the Jets will advertise it. This design has Nike written all over it.  A minor change wouldn't sell en-mass to 18-30-year-olds.  And hey, I like Nike.  But I don't look for the same thing in my running shoes that I do in the Jets overall look.  And the number one goal of this uniform is to sell it, nothing to do with football.

Admitting they're bad though, that's admitting that they Jets did it very wrong (wrong, at least, in the sense of creating a football jersey, not a product.) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or, on our own we saw the new Jets uniforms and really like the way they look.  

Partial credit must go to the Microsoft Paint Brigade as it’s also a bit of relief after all the ugly homebrew renderings we were bombarded with for the past 8 months. 

SAR I

Nah - Change these to teal and orange with Miami across the chest and we'd be unanimously mocking them as XFL jerseys.

But I don't expect that someone who compared Woody Johnson to Lincoln to criticize a Jets business decision.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Chis Johnson called them badass. Lol. They used Billy ****ing Joel as a "New York inspiration." Ugh. If they wanted badass, they should've been listening to the Ramones 24/7 in a room covered with pictures of 1970's Times Square. This is candy-ass. 

I can't really post gifs at work, but they are badass in that Steve Buschemi "how do you do, fellow kids" kind of way.

Also, I have no objection to Billy Joel, but in the final product, what exactly screams Billy Joel?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Wow, thanks to your wisdom and insight I’ve been saved! I thought I just liked the new uniform. Little did I realize that me and all the others that feel that way are just brainwashed sheep doing the Johnson family’s bidding. 

If you like the majority of the moves this team has made over the past 5-years, despite being objectively one of the worst teams in football over that time, and you also like the uniforms and the logo, there's a good chance you are, indeed, a brainwashed sheep.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This makes no sense on any level.  One has nothing to do with the other.  At all, we're getting more desperate though.  Now we're combining 5 bad seasons with the uniforms. Lol

It is astonishing the new ways you find to not get the point.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who cares enough about other teams jerseys to mock them?  While I don’t like certain styles I can’t say any of the NFL uniforms are so bad they are worthy of my time in that negative manner. 

The Jets uniforms look great. Enough already.

Woody Johnson freed the waitlisters.  He’s the Abraham Lincoln of the NFL and I bless him and ask for his personal safety in a foreign land every night in my prayers. 

SAR I

They look great, if what you are going for was an XFL jersey.  For an NFL jersey, they're a joke.

You also skipped the post about how our logo is just the team name in an oval, not an actual logo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Make one. 

5 years of bad football has nothing to do with anything in the thread. 

I did.  @Gastineau Lives clearly got it.  You did not.

• Upvote 1

Also, it's not that anyone's wrong to like something.  There's a difference between liking something, and quality.

A lot of people like Keeping of with the Kardashians too.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company