Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 hours ago, Squirt said:

New uniforms are the last thing this organization needs! How about a new owner who cares and wants to win SB's! Also great NFL talent evaluator's, GM, HC, Coaching Assistants, trainer, and most of all upper management! Uniforms won't help this franchise!

All true, but in the meantime the marketing department still has the job of figuring out some way to try to get fans to buy more of the team's crap.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This ugly thing has been posted no less than 20 times.  puke

I hope it's fake.  Glad I bought a Darnold rookie jersey, cause I will not buy anything as ugly as the above, ever.

This.  I already have my Darnold jersey and am a believer that it's the last one I'll really worry about having for a very, very long time, so I'm good with not buying whatever the new mess is unless I really want to.

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

So my darnold rookie jersey will be worth millions when he gets inducted 

Cool, cool 

True, but it's still going to be like another 25+ years before he's in the hall, so you know, it'll take a while.

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

a42e733012dcd036b55025e29f7240c3--vinny-

....days until new unis.....

(I spent way too much time looking for a picture of the Jets all-time leader in passing percentage to post......he also wore #16, but I could find one).

Gold star goes to the first person who correctly identifies who I was looking for.....

So, interesting fact, the Jets apparently have 12 players that have been 100% passers in their time with the team, 2 of whom actually have perfect passer ratings.  Seeing that only one of those 12 is actually a QB, and he did in fact wear #16, I would imagine that's the answer you're looking for.  I cheated though, and certainly never would have come up with it myself, so I'll defer to others to figure it out.

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

you sly little dog....you're onto me!

Haha, well I knew there'd be a catch, so I at least figured that part out.  I figured I could provide that part to others as an assist, given I had to cheat my way to the actual answer 😁

I also found it pretty funny that if googling his name followed by Jets, the pictures that pop up are in fact Vinny and Brad Smith.

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well when Eric Allen and Chris Johnson are supporting something the Jets have done, when could that possibly go wrong, right?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have an inside source telling me that one of their primary colors will be brown.

Prove it!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Grown men breathlessly debating the trim color lining the numbers of a $200 Darron Lee jersey for pages and pages. Imagine 

We actually setup a gofundme for your brand new design Jamal Adams jersey.  Enjoy!

44 minutes ago, CTM said:

My only interest in this is finding out how bad they are and then enjoying the ensueing meltdown.

CJ saying they are "pretty badass" points strongly towards a favorable outcome for me.

Rumor has it, his follow-up statement was "They're the Mike Maccagnan of uniforms!"  How can you not be excited?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A 46 year old man sitting there on his computer, gripping his Capital One card (with the $2400 limit), clicking refresh on his computer so he can be among the first to order a Jamal Adams jersey that looks like it was cobbled together on the back of Whole Foods bag by an extremely fey costume designer who’s never actually watched a football game but has a friend who dates a guy who played for Stony Brook back in ‘94-‘95 and still has the uniform framed and hanging in his spare bedroom in Niantic. 

We don't need to hear your life story man.

I mean, Max already told us all to keep our bragging to ourselves in this thread.

17 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Look closely at my post.......

Don't go and ruin it.  If people can't figure it out even after quoting your post, with the color disparity that occurs, their responses are sure to only be that much more (unintentionally) amusing!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

How can we be sure these new uniforms actually include jerseys?

I've heard from a guy who knows a guy who talked to another guy who once saw a guy who might have seen something one time, and well, this is supposed to be a big secret so try to keep it on the DL, but word has it we'll be getting the exciting, new, ground-breaking.... team onesies!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes they do.  Today.  Selling out old stock.  Got it.

Think about it.   You make cheap knock of uniforms.  You make them in advance to keep stocked and to be able to fill orders.  You think that theyre going to make jerseys that like it or not pretty much no one will want, they'll all want the new uniforms.  

Hate to break it to anyone who thinks they're still going to make the old uniforms

Jerseys are very rarely made to order, unless paying for a customization.  Eventually the old jersey design will run out, but there are going to be a number of suppliers that already have a stock, which they will continue to try to sell as long as they have it.  Unless every company correctly estimated the exact number of the old jersey design sales up through this week, it could still take a while for that all to move.  There are plenty of things out of production that can still be purchased online, this is no different.  Not to mention, by the time current stock of these jerseys runs out, would any of us really be surprised if the team started trying to sell them again as "throwbacks"?

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You may want to correct the spelling of the word "unveiled" in the topic title as it wouldn't look good if JN gets some press.

SAR I

I assure you, if Max were to be looking for press about anything, this thread would be waaaaaaaaaaay down the list.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Black and green can work if done correctly I don’t know what the hell that is. My issue has always been the odds of it being a success. We already had a good logo and uniform and the odds of making a worse one are very high.

The smart move based on aesthetics would be to leave it alone but the money making move is new logo and design. I understand it’s a business but it’ll suck if it goes wrong. It’d be much easier if we had a crap logo/uniform and wanted change. 

From a business standpoint, it's a pretty serious no-risk proposition though.  Even if it is generally poorly received, there will still be a spike in sales, definitely far more than would ever normally be seen at this time of the year, and in all likelihood continue throughout at least this season.  Worst case scenario is, if it's really that bad for them in terms of response, they'll roll back to the "throwbacks" in a few years and get another sales spike to go along with it.  They'd obviously prefer this change to be a success, so they don't have to bother spending on another new round of development, but there's no major cause for concern (for the team).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm rereading through this thread... Boy people are getting awfully worked up over this...

Maybe we should all relax just a little bit?... 

Oh yeah?!?  Well... YOU'RE getting worked up.  My fist will relax in your face!  Yeah!

• Haha 2

Agree with those saying that leak seems pretty legit, especially considering the line up of who is showing this off is clear and pretty much exactly who you'd expect.  Assuming it's true, I don't think it's as bold and crazy as some were trying to suggest, aside from the obviously greatly different black alts, but I don't have a problem with them.  They could have done a little more with the helmet logo, but even that's fine.  From my perspective, if these are legit, then I'll have no problem eventually picking one up the next time I'm looking for a jersey, but I'm also in no rush and am totally fine sticking with last year's Darnold in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'd be cool if they just left the word Jets, leave the football off of it....everyone knows what damn game you are playing! 

But then how would people not confuse them with Winnipeg?!?  Don't you feel foolish now?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Can't believe I am agreeing with SAR. 

These are pretty good. 

Weird day, huh?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Absence of all-whites is a huge mistake. 

A few people have mentioned this, and I would imagine even if these are the real uniforms, the jersey/pants pairings shown here are likely rather meaningless.  There's nothing forcing the team of which options to put together, so they could easily do all whites and other combos as they see fit.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m a designer. You’re a fan. I’m being objective. You have a bias.

And I respect your opinion, you in turn should respect mine.

Well I respect absolutely no one's opinion, but at least I'm consistent.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Jamal Adams said those aren’t the jerseys

That certainly has some weight to it, considering how much he's made it very, very apparent that he's seen everything already.  Not to mention, you know, he's one of those supposedly showing off the new uniform in that pic.  While he could be full of it, I doubt he'd have much incentive to do so at this point, with this only being a day from being released, so it's not like people will forget he said this by then.

Curious to see that, if these really aren't them, what lead to this though.  Either someone has way too much time on their hands to put this together, or this was one of the many iterations Nike went through and, even in that case, it would have to be relatively recent changes still happening for that to be the case, given the likes of Herndon made the cut on that pic.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Revis chimes in.

Never mind, I now hate them if these are the new jerseys.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Told ya.  Jamal is saving the event is my official feeling now.

Yeah, he's definitely pulling a little CYA for his earlier comments, which would suggest even if these aren't exactly the final uniforms, they are really, really close.

• Confused 1

While I agree with some people's point that the quality of the pic isn't quite up to snuff for the Jets to be using as that final promotional material, that alone doesn't mean a whole lot.  This obviously hasn't been released as such, but that doesn't mean that the uniforms seen are complete fakes either.

So far, all of the reactions and responses would seem to suggest that these really came from Nike/the team, especially with Enunwa admitting to both being in the photo shoot and wearing that UA gear.  While there's still a possibility this may not be the final version, there's been little to suggest they're based on some random person pointlessly committing to making these up.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Well, the day is here everyone.  we made it.  For better or worse.

This thread turned into an absolute ****show the past week or so, but its been a ride for sure.

I'd still take this all over again over a QB debate.

Now whether good, bad or indifferent to the new design, lets start getting ready for the season and work to pile up those W's

Just the past week or so?  That's cute.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Going tonight looking forward to it. I hope I meet Chris Johnson so I can shake his hand.

Why?  So you can stink-palm him?

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

dd.jpg

Chad Pennington on the green carpet, arriving at tonight's reveal.

SAR I

Ok fine, your earlier sins are now forgiven.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company