Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Is it ok if I like that helmet for some reason 

No. Inexcusable.

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Can you guys please guess colors without personally attacking one another when you don;t like their picks?

It’s kind of hilarious tho... can’t even talk about shirt colors.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Also they’ll get this horribly wrong unless my idea was stolen from these forums by some hack creative director.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thank you Crusher some don't seem to get it we all have opinions towards everything discussed on this board there are far too many quick to bash others and call names over what....NOTHING 

Pot kettle.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So it looks like Black and Green will be the new colors. Kinda makes sense because Green and white had us clashing with the Eagles all the time

All the time.

• Haha 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWdDjXO4sGIva5s_KbDy4

Whatever they do, I really hope there is a chrome/gunmetal helmet with all whites option. Work the green into the numbers.

Our current logo and any derivative of it sucks. Need a new design metaphor and with it all new symbols. Old airline Jets are lame as ****. Military jets. Modern ones. Aggression and pride in our armed services. 

Cannot wait for you all to melt down over this.

• Like 1

How is Jetnut getting trolled so hard over a logo, lol... meanwhile joewilly scours the internet for the lamest looking sh*t possible... is this whole thread like this?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You would have to be the most clueless person on the internet if you think I'm the one being trolled. 

But your unhealthy obsession with me continues on yet another thread.  Don't you feel like a stalker following me around, making these ridiculous claims?  You must have no life

Totes magotes.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you really some child or one of those old farts who talks like he thinks all the cool kids do?

Farts are funny.

22 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

lol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

Hahaha, they’re ******* awful.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't like the New York on the chest or the helmet logo. Don't love the green helmet, either, but from what I can see in this picture, I do like the finish. Reminds me of the Giants blue which looks different depending on the light. I've always liked them. 

They kept it very simple, so I'm glad about that. An image of a jet on the helmet with Jets on the chest instead of New York would've been better, IMHO. 

I agree on the metallic finish, it’s the only parr I like.

Chrome would’ve been better though.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They are not, you monkey. They are too plain to be awful.

Truth. We hired one of the greatest branding agencies in the world and asked for something as inoffensive and blah as possible.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now there would have been a look that you would have loved.

Fitting that you would even imagine something that F'uped

Knew this uniform thing would bring the true Shlt out in front for all to see.

tenor.gif?itemid=5542958

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cfdfd.jpg

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

I look at what leaked as a prototype. It’ll take a couple years of refinement to make it respectable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Laugh it up fur ball.

That's your opinion.  I like them.  

I’m a designer. You’re a fan. I’m being objective. You have a bias.

And I respect your opinion, you in turn should respect mine.

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Who knows if these are real or not, but this picture is a bad photoshop unless Darnold is actually 5’8”. And the shadowing on his face is off, too. 

E33EC0EA-9CF0-4027-8945-43039C622D0D.png

If fake, it’s a photograph of someone’s photoshopped fraud. 

The shadows seem off, but that’s more likely because the series of individual photos were taken alone, then combined on the ugly background. It would have to be a photoshop genius to put this together.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No need to do that. Nobody cares.  I mean... really...  don't bother.

This. lol

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

white out unis will be lit. probably my favorite combo.

Lit.

Need I say more?

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Well...there you go:

That would be about a 1,000 hour photoshop job if faked.

Just now, SAR I said:

The one thing that makes me think this could be a fake is that a couple of notable free agents aren't in the photo.

I don't know, maybe Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley belong here for the entire NFL to admire?

SAR I

Designs were probably finalized 6 months ago. Since then it’s been all preparation of myriad rollout tactics. Marketing materials, photoshhots, videos, social, etc. plus providing inventory to stores for the switchover. This sh*t has a very slowwwwww production cycle.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Was hoping for much worse and much more histrionics.

Why the little football on the helmet though?

Being inclusive for those with small hands.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Like the metallic helmets, the colors and the uniforms in general. The logo, though - boring. They could have done much better.

I could have done better as a hobby project. This is basic turd design.

8 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Jamal Adams said those aren’t the jerseys

It’s possible it’s from an old/early pitch presentation.

• Upvote 3

NYC skyline in bg. It’s no photoshopped. It’s either the final or a throwaway from an earlier pitch.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You think you're being "objective".  LOL.  You, my hairy friend, have a bias.  You are not being objective.  Liking or not liking ANY clothing design is NEVER objective.  Congrats on your designer career.  Too bad it has nothing to do with anything here.  I neither respect nor disrespect how anyone else feels about the new uni's.  Frankly, a lot of people on this board never like anything.  The new uni's are just fine.  And I couldn't care less if you  "respect" or "disrespect" my opinion because it is completely irrelevant to me.

I’m not speaking in likes and dislikes. I’m speaking on what works. The design doesn’t work. Doesn’t mean it cannot be popular. I’m separating the argument over basic design vs. fanboy excitement.

Your reply kinda validates my point. It’s also possible you don’t know what objectivity is.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't take much to throw Le'Veon Bell in a jersey in front of a green screen.  But I see your point.

SAR I

Our current campaign has spent 4 months retouching photography. You’re under estimating how much corps belabor these thungs

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The fact that this has become the main complaint point for Jets Social media seems to show that their offseason has gone pretty well 

lol, the prince of bad logic strikes again

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.

That said, if it is true, as stated I don't like them.  I think the design is somewhat poor, and frankly, I just liked the old uniforms.  These look like an expansion team.

Here's the thing, the Jets have been around a long time.  You see uniforms that look like this, with bolder lines and brighter colors from new teams.

You'd never expect the Bears, the Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants, etc. to go with a look like this.  They stick with the classics, their history.  That's what the Jets should be doing.

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you're one of Jerry's kids.

This is a piece of cake for anyone who works in PS.  Wrong

lol this is maybe your best volleyback in all the years I’ve been watching you pee down your leg here.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

The photos are taken separately, then a designer puts them together in this composition. Grass is added. Shadows added. Background added. That’s why they don’t have a consistent light source.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Vader said:

it’s an internal pitch document. one of many iterative mock-ups they threw together. this was not meant for the general public at all.

I know.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

See the nonsense about your critic based on being a designer.  Well I've been a well paid photographer and a photo editor

You want to play the douche and argue something that you have no clue about go ahead. 

The only one peeing down his leg is the amateur who thinks this is complicated project and gets pompous about his own bs.  You have no idea what you're talking about

Ahh, now you ruined it. Always take it one step too far.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company