Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Selfishly quoting myself...but...I also "green'd up" the Home Uniform concept that Chillygrafx (the same guy who made the "away" concept seen above") made and I gotta say....it came out really nice:

Screenshot_20180330-193510-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

If this was something remotely close to what the real thing looks like, I'd be a very happy camper.

I really think it'll be something close to this. Nothing drastic. Just a simple design and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a matte green helmet. 

Look at the uniforms they updated with the Titans, Vikings, Jags, Dolphins as of late, they're all simplified updated versions of what they were. And I really do think they'll go back to that logo, fans have been screaming for it for a while now. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

People buy the name on the back of the jersey and there are new guys every season. I'd imagine Darnold has spiked sales. Drafting nose tackles every season isnt exactly good for merch business.

True. But they also need to change the logo back to the 80s one. The current one is terrible. It’s too busy and looks horrible on hats and tshirt designs. 

They would get sales from just that logo change. I don’t like wearing jerseys. And I’m always looking for throwback Merch instead of the current logo. Just looks cleaned IMO. 

could see them doing something like this. Especially the helmets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you guys seen this UGLY design?  Be careful what you wish for......

Image result for ny jets new design hat

They're doing that design for all the teams. "Sideline Caps".  It's pretty terrible. 

I bet it’s 5 combos like Jags have. Between Green, White and Black colors. 

All green

all white 

two alternate green and white

then black with green pants?

clearly they’re hinting at something here. 

But the twitter response is dumb. People are acting like they’re gonna get rid of green all together and replace it with black. It would be a great alternate. 

• Like 1

I can’t see them getting rid of green and white as the main color scheme. I mean the team is called gang green. 

I would be pretty surprised if green just ended being an accent color and black was the main. 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Green is just an accent color now, we really should be called Gang-White.

There are white uniforms, not green uniforms:

ZfYhBln.jpg

No it’s not. What do you call this then?

7474820A-D74B-499C-9C4D-DBC410F8D0F8.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I’m all for the black and green jerseys and dramatic overhaul. Bring it on. 

It’s gonna be a great look and feel with our new HC and Sam leading the way. 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Can someone link the Jets Instagram post. I cannot find it

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

https://ibb.co/faUmOV

Here is the screen capture. Not sure how to get it to display here in the thread. I believe those are the colors.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think there may be an Easter egg in the video. At the end of the video there are 6 people walking towards the camera in like a V pattern. At the very back in only a couple of frames is a guy in a vest. The Vest is in a light green, and a blue-ish grey color. I would wager a good amount that those are the colors of at least one variant of the uniform. Eric Allen had hinted there would be a nod to the Titans uni. The color combo looks really good. No idea how to extract a still image.

Dude. 

It might be time for a break. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly great post Bears,Colts,Packers the uniform does not make the football player or the football team

This is another money making ploy by the Johnson's to sell merchandise. 

So then what’s the problem? New uniforms or not, it doesn’t make the player or the team. 

Like the only reason you’re showing up every week to root and discuss this team is because they still have a good uniform. 🙄right. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Wasn't the Green because of Leon Hess & his logos were green & white? Anyone who thinks we have the best uniforms in the league is crazy. The 80s one sucked too. Perfect tiiming with Sam to move on, Jets need a youth movement with their fans, 13 million people in the NY, NJ area you make this change along with the Coaches and you go boldly forward. Hell, I'm going on 59 & can see this team needs new branding & new fans. 

If you change the look & hit on the right coach, Darnold grows with the team & they start scoring points, Jets are a fitting name & the headlines are eye catchers. Jets flying to new heights ect. It's a twitter, social media world & the only thing anyone thinks about seeing the current Jets is LOSERS.

I can see it after a bad loss early in the season next year. “New Uniforms Same Results”. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope lifelong diehard. 

The uniforms are the least of our worries an organization that should be putting more emphasis  on the product on the field. 

Nike made the uniforms 5 different shades of green not the NY Jets. 

Maybe that’s why we’ve had bad drafts past few years. Mac is too busy picking out colors for the new uniforms. All makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I doubt they go with black.   Not a fan of that anyway, they tried the black accents a while back and it didn’t look good.  Like others have said, I expect some gray with green accents.  Oregon has some cool grays with their green.  Looked really good.  

Black practice jerseys all of a sudden this season can’t be for no reason. I’d be shocked at this point if one variant wasn’t a black uni. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This is a big reason why I believe that this is mostly bullsh*t.  I'm almost 95% sure that teams are required by the league have a "light" uniform for away games.  We can't wear green at home and black on the road because some teams have colors, such as the Seahawks, Raiders, Ravens, Jaguars, New England, etc. that would make it physically impossible to distinguish the teams on the field at game speed.  All of those teams I just listed have a "light" away uniform.

It’ll probably be combos of Black, Green and White. Like Jags have black, blue and white. And mix and match them. 

They have those mini helmet alternatives for every team. That has nothing to do with the new unis.

Pretty sure those stripes are painted on, so they can't remove them like logo decals. So yeah..

Guys....they're not gonna give you any sort of hints before hand. We're not gonna have any clue what they'll look like. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Not true. The Jamal Adams teaser clearly reveals the new shade of green.

The NEON light shining from the box? I don't really think that's a hint but hey maybe.

I think the only thing they've given us is the black practice jerseys. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The decals of the team emblem can be sold. Either put on a cheap helmet or in some sort of team oriented tchotchkee. Fans will pay a premium for a supposed game worn helmet decal. The stripes are freaking worthless. It is just a green stripe. Why bother taking it off. They can not be re-purposed. Let the guy at the refurbishing place remove them.

NFL teams do not have their players wear the same helmet shells from year to year. There is a new model of helmet, including the shell, every season. IT is how the helmet companies make money. 

The tweet is to keep interest in the new uniforms at their peak.  Clever, despite the fact that it is misleading.

If they don’t wear the same one then why do all of them have individual tags with the players name on it?

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok doofuses.

The Jets teaser video revealed the new green, here it is:

My prediction is that the two primary colors (and potentially only colors) will be that new green with black.

1C588292-57B4-410D-A53B-64E474AD25D2.jpeg

What video is that? 

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think the secondary color is grey, and possibly blue as well. Look at the ties in the Gates press conference, especially Allens. He is wearing the colors and a shirt in the blue-grey they will use.

Dude...no. Lol. It’s just a tie. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I highly highly highly highly doubt that this is real, but someone on Reddit posted this asking if it was a legitimate leak, and I wanted to see the reaction here 😂😂😂😂.

c0UJ5zy_d.jpg.a2d6e47cb359b3ce684fdf513b7c7254.jpg

I'm not hating it.....

Not totally loving it either but I do enjoy the black/white/green color combo. Clearly it can go well together. That logo makes zero sense though.

I don’t hate it. I actually kinda like the helmet design. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

Now that looks awful. I also hate that plane logo. No way they go back to that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:44 PM, SAR I said:

891-CB32-D-D963-43-CA-A078-A839176-DFB03

Sam Darnold was on Stephen Colbert last night and the Jets PR department made sure that players were shown wearing their white helmets, another confirmation of our helmet direction for 2019.

SAR I

That's....the jets current helmet without a logo...

10 hours ago, Drums said:

Any updates?

There's never gonna be an update, there never was, until they actually reveal them in April. This entire thread is people positing crappy concepts from twitter lol. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Stop giving this attention seeking individual the time of day.  He doesn't know.  You know it, I know it, and the entire board knows it.  He wants to pretend to be some kind of Adam Schefter pretending  that he has the scoop with the knowledge and feel more important than others that he knows something we don't.  He ducks any kind of reply like you mentioned about reasonable ways to prove he knew.  Its childish and immature, but he clearly needs that power to feel the way he wants to feel, so just let him talk his lies, and jsut hope like me the mods/admins will give him the boot again and this time let his vacation be permanent.  This thread being locked several times was a direct result of him causing a stir.  It's absolutely pathetic at this point.  Let him chime in with his "I'm a fan because I spend more money than you" nonsense, and hopefully we can all just go about our day and continue our own thoughts on this topic while ignoring him.  The fact he threw that card out should tell you all you need to know about the type of person he is.

Anyway, back on topic.

I'm fully expecting a leak to happen any day now.  I' like to think I can avoid the spoiler until the release event, but I know I'll come across it, whether it be on social media or just a friend sending me a text with the picture saying "what do you think?"

I just hope I like them at this point.

I really don’t think we’re gonna get a leak. At all. Multiple people have seen it already and it hasn’t gotten out. I don’t see anyway they’d let it get out before the reveal. 

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like the Jags uniforms, to me their clean and pretty simple.  I keep  hearing how terrible they are and I'm not sure why?  As simple as they are without any crazy colors etc.  I'd be thrilled with those unis

jagsunis.jpg?w=432&h=284

People are afraid of color. Especially bright colors. 

I like all those except last one. The contrast doesn’t work but overall it’s a clean look. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Can't be the new logo.  Can't be...

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.18.53 PM.png

Actually think this better then the current one but still not as good as it can be. Really wish they’d ditch the football circle around the whole thing. Just makes it too big. Rather one simple piece of text. Oh well. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company