Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

15 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Nike is probably pissed right now that they revealed this before the season.

Nike is most likely furious.  No way in hell do I buy one of the current ones knowing that next year it changes.  Oh boy the Jets marketing staff is so short-sighted.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Leave it to the Jets to get the hottest QB prospect in the last 5+ years and cripple his jersey sales by announcing a new design while he's holding out.

What a SOJ move.

SAR I

It's remarkable, isn't it?  No business sense whatsoever.  It's like they have a bunch of 20 year old inexperienced interns doing their social media / marketing.  Naivetee at its finest.  LOL @ Nike.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Strange you like this helmet. I've always thought the helmet with the charging buffalo suggests strength and power, positive football characteristics, while the buffalo on this helmet seems to be just grazing in the field. Come to think of it, that may be more representative of the way the Bills actually play. But you'd think they would at least want something that inspires strength and power. 

that's not a buffalo.  It's Rex bowing his head in sorrow.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Right, what the Jets should have done was say nothing.  Then watch fans run out and by the current uniform of their favorite players.  A ton of new Darnold uniforms get sold.  

Then announce that in a couple of months they'll unvail new uniforms.  Yeah, marketing gold.  How much would fans scream that they wasted money on the current uniform and what would be worse the crying that they need to wait a year or the crying they wasted $300????

Yeah, short sighted.  Like the complaining that goes on around this team

LOL.  You have a point there.  And when I posted that I was unaware of the 'rule' that new uni's have to be announced a year out.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Till you realize that one of the biggest drivers of sales is presumed rarity/end of availability, and that all the fans of THIS gear will run out and buy it up now while it's still available.

That, and that 95% of the "fans" are casual and will simply buy now never knowing something new is coming, no matter how many leaks or pressers there are.

TLDR:  Nike will be fine.  Lol.

add to that the alleged rule that new uni's must be announced a year ahead of time (if that's true, which I do not know or really care).

40 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That’s a lime greenish tinted glow coming from that briefcase. 

Me no likey. 

3 minutes ago, teptep said:

At around to 10 second mark look at the green color of "Jets"-- much brighter than current. Maybe looks like Kelly green, and in keeping with how the team has been styling their advertising.  That, along with the glow, indicates that green isn't being swapped out as a primary color.   If they go with "Stealth Jet Black" maybe it's an alternative set.

The promo video is pretty funny...

the color is already known.  It has been up on the monitors and around the stadium all season long.  I actually bought a Darnold jersey, because I'd like to have his rookie colors, since next year it will be lime-green.  Not a fan.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I figure the current jersey will be at clearance prices come May. If I like the new jersey, I can make the splurge. If I don't...a cheap Darnold Jersey it is :-)

The Jets put $100 on each of my three ticket cards.  I don't eat much stadium food, if at all, so I used it to get a Jersey last month at the Jets shop.  That money was not going to roll over and would have been lost.  I made that mistake last season, but last year they only put $40 on each of my 3 tickets.  I let about $50 expire (and the rest for crappy food for my companions).  They bumped it considerably this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

The Jets begin organized activities as early as April 1.  (2 weeks earlier than other teams.)  The unveil might be earlier.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Actually, he does. 

I am on the Fan Advisory Board and during the meeting we had in Florham Park back in July I was allowed one question in front of Chris Johnson and the enture executive team and asked about the possibility of new uniforms. Though it wasn’t made official at the time in answering my question they hinted to the group it was coming soon. 

I then interjected that the reason for my question was to tell them they had to stick with the white helmets and avoid the 80’s logo like the plague because Jets fans couldn’t bear to see a quarterback wearing #14 in an all-green uniform again, mentioned AJ Duhe with the crowd agreeing, and I saw Neil Glat glance at Chris Johnson with an “I told you so” nod and finger point which led me to believe we are sticking with white helmets. 

SAR I

thank you for doing that.  I don't like the 90's helmet logo from the CoslettCarrollKotite years.  Jets Fan Advisory annual event is by far the best Jets event of the year and I was lucky enough to get an invite in 2016. They invite a different group of ticket holders each year I believe.   I do believe they take the fans suggestions to heart.  At least that was the impression I got from Woody, Neil Glatt and their people regarding stadium, marketing and non roster issues.  I even got a good laugh out of Woody during the group discussion of the Jets Rewards program when I suggested that fans want more from their Jets points than an autographed photo of Clyde Gates.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Or that video could have been staged.  A pure a marketing ploy to get an already obsessive fan base even more obsessed.

Has anyone gone to check the dumpsters at One Jets Drive?

Yes, but it was full of Dunkin' Donuts used coffee cups, a worn out cigar store Native American and a Darron Lee drug-test pee cup.  Didn't see any helmets.

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The new shade of green has been CONFIRMED. Do you guys still not get that? Watch the Jamal Adams video for ****s sake. 

we need to change Jamal's nick name from "Prez"  to "the Oracle"

Just now, slats said:

Well then, if that's what you took it to mean, I'm ready to just go ahead and carve that in stone. 

well I think they do listen to the fans opinion. 

I mean, after all, they never offered another autographed photo of Clyde Gates again on Jets rewards after I commented on it at the Fan Advisory meeting I attended  4 years ago!   Isn't that enough proof?  I mean amirite?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry Helen. I know this isn't as interesting as a thread about the USC band's playlist for halftime of this years UCLA game, or what T shirts are selling at the Campus Bookstore, but yeah, our uniforms mean something to our fan base. So yeah, we're at 55 pages.

If she hasn't figured out how this board functions after the last 9 months, she never will.  This ain't no USC board.   We is unique!  Complains about the 55 pages of new uniform discussion, yet reads them all.....

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nike altered the green when they took over the jerseys from Reebok. The Parcells era green is not the same as the current Nike green. 

1 minute ago, kelly said:

the best.. BEST  " shade of green "...

Kelly   green   😎

My wife is an artist and she has literally over a thousand tubes of different colors, including some obscure ones that are actually sold only on the black market due to potential radioactivity (not kidding).  I asked her to sort through them and show me Parcells green and Nike green.  She looked at me cross-eyed and kicked me out of the studio.  

• Haha 1

LOL that thing is hideous.

Nobody is going to buy that.  It would be a merchandising disaster and there would be 0% chance any team or the NFL would be that stupid.  The idea is to promote more sales, not to deter them.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

QsSy2Vm.jpg

That is the ugliest possible Jets uniform in the history of all uniforms.   :bag::bag::bag::smilies2_puke::bag::bag:

Good luck selling them.

Feeling glad I got a Darnold #14 with 2018 design.  Rookie Jersey will be unique down the road.

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Not sure if this was posted and don’t have the time to check but saw this today...

doubt its it’s real but figure I’d post it in case it hadn’t been posted already.

88E90891-486F-47A8-A3B3-D797EC20F48A.png

This ugly thing has been posted no less than 20 times.  puke

I hope it's fake.  Glad I bought a Darnold rookie jersey, cause I will not buy anything as ugly as the above, ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This thread has become sh*tty..

And I have this sinking feeling that the Jets' unis are also about to become sh*tty.

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we have a history of shltty uniforms?

We've had two great looking uniforms in our history, why should this one suck?

No.  Because the PR department of this team is moronic and I don't trust jets management to make the right decisions on anything.  History proves this to be right.  Of all things NFL...  rosters, stadiums, etc....  the only thing to date that the Jets have not screwed up was uniforms.  Leave it to the current regime to put the final dot on the final "i" and get this one wrong.

Frankly, there was absolutely no need to change the unis.  Zero.  The current unis were great.  This is all to sell new unis (which is the reason that the oft posted piece of green ugly sh*t is highly unlikely).  Jets PR = make money over substance.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Someone on sportslogos.net was able to get this still from one of the videos the jets released.  It was on the table during a meeting.  A slightly different jets logo (says new york above jets), different shade of green and it appears to say 2019 branding.  This doesn’t scream bold to me though.  But who knows...Maybe this is the “logo” but there will be a different helmet treatment?

05683719-FC1A-430C-92D6-02347A2B734C.png

Most likely the new helmet logo.  I can live with that.

26 minutes ago, Redcloud820 said:

Now that's funny..what team has been  the League 59 years... has overall losing record..... has only appeared in one Super Bowl... and doesn't have a fan base outside of Queens New York..lol I'll give you a few minutes I know that's a HARD question lol

oh look!  ... a Raiduhs troll!  How cute.  Gotta love it when a fan of a horrible team like the Raiduhs comes to troll the fans of another crappy team like the Jets.  What could be the reason?  Insecurity? Low self-esteem?  Sexual impotence?  Gotta be something because there is no reason for you to be here other than to show what a colossal jerk you are.  The Raiduhs will suck once again with the totally obsolete Gruden (who was never any good anyway) getting paid a billion dollars.   Outside of Dolphins fans, Raiders fans are the least intelligent and most frequent knucle draggers of any fans in the NFL.  

25 minutes ago, Drums said:

You're calling a team insignificant but signed up to their message board and are arguing with their fans. In the offseason..

All anyone needs to know.  Just a dumb troll with no life.

a Twitter summary, complete with lots of poor spelling and grammar (then/than, there/their)

unis.jpg

• Upvote 1

Someone I know was at a Jets function and the discussion went to the new uniforms and a player told him to think Seattle Seahawks when imagining the new uniforms.  And he wasn't thrilled about it.

Seahawks?  I hate their uni's.  

Now I am very pessimistic.  There was nothing wrong with the 2018 unis.  Idiots.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

YEah . . . . they're going to Butcher it. :(

yes they are.   

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This team is amazing. The one thing most of us agreed on was liking our uniforms. So what do they do? Change them.

Now who knows, they might come out great, but why would you change the one thing about you everyone likes?

If they look anything like the Seahawks jerseys, then the Jets have made yet another awful mistake.  The player who spoke to my friend did not like the new unis. End of story.  The new uni's will most likely be atrocious.  And for those of us who really like the currrent jerseys, we get a big F--K Y-U from our NY Jets.  

Glad I bought a Darnold Jersey with the 2018 uni.  I'll probably get a 2018 white one as well because I'm not buying anything that looks like the Seahawks garbage.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I got a guy that knows a guy that likes the unis 

haha.  My friend was AT the Jets function and the resemblance of the new uni's to the Seahawks current uni's was stated by a current Jets player who also indicated that he didn't particularly care for the new look.  If you don't believe me, then fine.  But it is true and it's not a good sign.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

All the reports say that they stayed "classic" and the old timers will be happy.

and then a player who has seen (and perhaps worn) the new uni says it looks like the Seahawks'.  Classic?  I doubt it.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No please show me where I demanded anything from @T0mShane

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Seriously?

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Talk is cheap and so are false accusations to try and be cool. 

As always, joewilliy... the life of the party with a terrific sense of humor.  Cheers!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes sir just like the buttfumble self you are. 

Don't appreciate at the false accusations. 

Keep it real. 

eh...  they were just playing with you.  You're as sensitive as a middle aged woman going through her changes.  For you to take any of those seriously just shows how insecure you really are.  It's actually kind of funny in addition to pathetic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MykePM said:

Not doubting you, but it's also possible that the player was f***ing with your friend.

One can only hope.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It would be interesting.

The older crowd would hate it, but a large number of the newer fans around the NFL fanbases LOVE the Seahawks new uniforms and consider them the "gold standard" of what updated Uniforms should look like.

older crowd here.  But not yet at "Get off my lawn!" state.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company