Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

bright green and light blue are majorly different - I would think trying to sell bright green merchandising would be much tougher. It would need to be an accent color if they want to use it. They need to be aware of which colors look dated and which colors do not. Kelly green - that bright green - screams 60s and 70s. Kids would not want the main color of the uniform to look old and dated. They would never use this color as the main color if they are using a professional design firm.

12 minutes ago, teptep said:

We'll see. 80s nostalgia and aesthetics are very popular. Everything old is new again.

The Kelly Green is fiiiiiiine w/tuday's yutes.

Nigeria WC 2018 Kit says hello:

Nigerian World Cup jersey sells out after a record 3 million people try to pre-order it from Nike

With the 21st FIFA World Cup underway, you can find soccer fans worldwide proudly displaying their country's jerseys — but you'd be hard-pressed to find a team kit as in demand as that of Nigeria's Super Eagles.

Featuring a lime green and white zigzag pattern, the Nike-designed jersey sold out in a matter of minutes as eager fans queued up, ready to spend $90.

Nigerian-Jersey-Most-Anticipated-World-C

and I think they are Heinous!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

+1, I was thinking “Gun Metal Gray” as our primary...you know, like actual jets?

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_01.jpg

220px-F-35A_flight_(cropped).jpg

+1

I got custom sneakers made for Jets games this year and incorporated Gun metal into the scheme along with Green and White. I think they came out pretty sweet.

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

NY Jets Season Ticket Holder Section 245A

IMG_8995.JPG

so @T0mShane, @Patriot Killa & @greenwichjetfan

for ragging on my previous kicks from the preseason:

Eat a D!çk Semen-I sandwich.   

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

heyyyy! Those are actually really clean, man.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Sick!

SUCKAS BETTA RECOGNIZE!!!

:D

t25f4ifozjzy.jpg

4 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

I'd be on board with this. Clean and keeps the integrity of the uniform. 

Well Said.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Was it like the Color Rush jersey?  

Snap a picture of you can.

No, it was more like a LIME Green than the Color Rush jersey which I would compare more to a "Traffic Light" shade of Green (if that helps? Color Rush is slightly darker, but then again, it was SUNNY OUT and that could have made them appear brighter, IMO).

i6uolurr1wnkxgugojvh.jpg

You get a better idea of the ACTUAL "type" of Green in the middle flag that's not being hit by the sun & in the shade (guy with sunglasses' flag). Also you get a BETTER idea with the 3 flags in the background above the heads also not DIRECTLY in the sun and you can see how that limey Green POPS out compared to the current Hunter Green shade of the Logo in the center of the flag. hope that helps. 

Here's another shot that I could find:

cwllykn6qvmajojhwsfz.jpg

It reminded me of these Seahawks' jerseys from 2009:

147979.jpg

HEINOUS!!!!

And I came across this shot, which I find hilarious:

twuc7egzhexuj3r9x424.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing. 

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo. It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise. If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new. 

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

Could NOT DISAGREE MORE with what you stated. Respectfully disagree.

Who gives a flying Fickle of the winning percentage of the team and how that correlates to the uniforms they wore at the time. The teams sucked back then b/c Leon Hess (GREAT AMERICAN! RIP.) was interested in COST EFFICIENCY in running his "side business" of an NFL team in NYC and never invested heavily in scouting and quality management. The ONE solid GM during that era, IMO, Dick Steinberg, died on us. The Jets sucked b/c of management & coaching, not their uniforms. 

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly. They were simple and not too complicated - and you know, ACTUALLY INCORPORATED the Team Name into the LOGO. In addition, the kids who grew up during that era are NOW the middle aged fans who drop $$$ as STHs, merchandise consumers, away games traveling fans. etc. and competent TEAM marketing will recognize that and try to CAPITALIZE on that nostalgia factor.

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You think they are giving us hints of what is coming? 

No, I thUnks it. 

Illiterate. 😏

jk.😁

28 minutes ago, slats said:

The logo and green helmets were boring, and the black was horrendous. 

Throwing back to the uniforms that the franchise won a Super Bowl in made sense, trying to build a winning culture and all. There's nothing adventageous about going back to the 80s-90s logo. It stands for nothing but ineptitude. If they're changing the logo again, they should change it to something new, interesting, and modern. 

And no black. 

Of course, I'm bracing for that dull logo with a black outline because what else would these guys do? 

It's not meant to be "Advantageous" it's MEANT TO SELL MERCHANDISE FOR $$$$ by PANDERING to NOSTALGIA of the CURRENT Jets fan Demographic (30-50 year old who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, & the most likely of all fans to spend cash on the NY Jets for themselves or brainwashing their offspring to convert.) You're not getting it, IMO, if you don't see that.

I agree that black is retread area. I don't loathe it, but agree more originality is imperative.

I think they can go with a Chrome/Stainless Steel outline for the Helmet Font and Number decals instead of the aforementioned Black outline. Nothing garish, but considerate of you know, the natural raw material color of Jets. I could see an ALL Steel Grey uniform with White and subtle Green or Darker Grey accents to help it pop - probably similar to Seattle's Grey uni. NYC is a Northeast City - we reflect the weather in our daily fashion: Grey, Black, Navy Blue seems natural, IMO. I think Grey can be tastefully implemented as an alternative to Black. 

They can also update the Jets font and "plane" that plays off the 80s/90s logo and possibly use different angles of a Jet(s) (bird's eye silhouette w/drag, Jet taking off in upward angle, 3/4 angle under shot, front facing silhouette - my favorite concept for helmet above the facemask/faceshield) and not only be limited to the 80/90s profile shot of a Jet which you find dull. I find it simple, but agree it can be upgraded and done "cooler" w/3D modeling and better technology to really upgrade the graphical design aspect which seems like the basis of your criticism. 

I simply, but respectfully, disagree. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Nice 1970s Eagles kicks, yo. 

The cafeteria is serving apple sauce today, nutcracker, go get on line before the nurses usher you out of the common room and end your daily internet-time ration. Go along now provocateur. 

11 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I might be in the minority, but I really like the 80's "Jet" logo and would love to see it in green on a white helmet.  

I also thought the shade of green on the flag giveaway was curious and was not a big fan of it and hope that it is NOT a preview of next year's uniform color.  

+1 Agree. 

It's CLEARLY a generational taste "Thing" in which you grew up with that logo and loved it (scars and all) or you predate that logo's implementation and have an understandable "negative association" with it. 

It's a matter of personal taste and reflected more by age in terms the "style" of Jets uniform partiality. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No gray. No silver. 

We are the NEW YORK JETS..... not the Philadelphia Eagles - a team from a crap town with a fan base second only in obnoxiousness to the Bills.

That's your opinion.

You are wrong and so is your declaration. My Opinion.

Opinions are subjective. Not here to argue and "choose a side," just exchanging ideas on how to update the current situation in a tasteful and universal (as possible) manner to appease AS MANY Jets Fans as possible. Not everyone will be happy; Welcome to Life.

Now scuttle along and go get your apple sauce. 😄

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

21 pages about uniforms? wow

We're a fashionably conscious Fan-base. LOL.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You're an angry little man. 

Please VALIDATE your SLANDER. Where have I shown "anger" towards you? 

You're the one who comes across as an "angry little man" with your OWN posts because some may consider Grey as an appropriate color:

14 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No gray. No silver. 

We are the NEW YORK JETS..... not the Philadelphia Eagles - a team from a crap town with a fan base second only in obnoxiousness to the Bills.

That sounds angrier than whatever I posted in this thread regarding the uniforms. So please keep to yourself if you feel like addressing me in the future, "yo." 

Even if I were little, it's not the size of the man, but the size of his balls and his word that matter. Go eat a D1ck Semen-i sandwich. :D

Gastineau >>>>>> Klecko

@Klecko73isGod

AND since it's 1:29AM and NOW Sept. 20th as I type this, I'll take the HIGH ROAD and say to you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY you OLD MFer!!!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You're adorable.

Despite my on-line surliness, I surprisingly get that compliment a lot in person. So Yes. And Thank you. 

Stealth Jet Black uniforms with Emerald Green numbers and Greenish Chrome Helmets. 

They're going to look AMAZING!

On November 10, 2018 at 9:35 AM, joewilly12 said:

Salute to Service gear I posted something similar earlier in the week. No way the NY Jets go camo uniforms for an entire season. 

I do like the black QB practice jerseys with the green numbers. 

This would work for me. 

Image result for black ny jets helmet

On November 10, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Thai Jet said:

That IS one sharp helmet.

Give me a hankering for Junior Mints. Which will also probably become an official sponsor of the NY Jets once that design goes public. 

junior-mints-theater-size-12ct-coming-so

XG_XGEN501_F_2017JulyCollection.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm not liking the leaks and rumors so I panicked.

Just purchased a White & Green Darnold jersey for posterity in what will now be our "classic" uniforms; even got a Green Darnold for the dog.

Modell's is selling jerseys at 50% off.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Authentic? 

I have no idea. If you showed me these jerseys as a 13 year old kid back in 1993 when a $40 no-name-number-only Champion Brand jersey was WAAAAAY out of my wildest dreams and price range, these jerseys are impressive enough for me. 

The Green is a nike L w/Stitched numbers/Name and a noticeably firm collar. Snug fit and actually fits like T shirt. Dog got the same but like a toddler or something.

The White is a nike L w/Screen print (non-stitched) name & # , but it's more gel-like, and the collar has a lot more give. the fit is also looser and what I would consider the traditional jersey fit that's roomy enough to layer under. 

Point is, If the Oregon & Raven uniforms are ANY indicator and the change is that  Black will overtake White as the complimentary color to the new DarkLime-Green in the color scheme, then  I'm HIGHLY SKEPTICAL that I'll like the new redesign. I hope I'm wrong, 

1 hour ago, viffer said:

Where did you see them for 50% off?  The Modell's website doesn't have that.  Was it in store?

1 hour ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

The Modells I've been in the last couple of days only seem to have 25% off on jerseys, but 50% on t-shirts and hoodies.

It was the Models in Times Square. They ALWAYS have MASSIVE stock of NFL jerseys for all the tourists. If you can dart through the crowds, I've learned over the years, you'll find some INCREDIBLE deals in that specific store location. 

Looking at the receipt:

Green stitched jersey was $75 down from $150

White Screen print Jersey was $50 down from $100

And the Toddler screen print jersey (pretty hight quality IMO) was $22.50 down from $45.

Merry ChRISTmaAs to ME!

IMG_9179.thumb.JPG.5e556ca40043cf997a505879b9fa02b9.JPG

So, in the end, I got 3 jerseys for LESS than the price of the most expensive one at full price and it's included in the deal!:D

And they had plenty of stock. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Modells is still in business? sh*t. Is Hermans still around too?

Ah. . . . I recall the old Herman's at the Cross County Plaza strip mall up in Yonkers back in the late 80's/early 90's:

hermans_bag_hermansalumni-com.jpg

Got my first water canteen there for a camping trip when I was 8 years old

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for antonio brown in a ny jets uniform

Brought to you by Newport cigarettes and Junior Mints 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Green White and MATTE GRAY LIKE IVE BEEN SAYING WTF IS THIS

So something like these custom NYJ STH kicks?

On September 17, 2018 at 10:05 PM, Gas2No99 said:

+1

I got custom sneakers made for Jets games this year and incorporated Gun metal into the scheme along with Green and White. I think they came out pretty sweet.

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

NY Jets Season Ticket Holder Section 245A

IMG_8995.JPG

so @T0mShane, @Patriot Killa & @greenwichjetfan

for ragging on my previous kicks from the preseason:

Eat a D!çk Semen-I sandwich.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are the only mascot in the NFL that isn't a person, animal or mythical creature

why they chose a football to highlight this fact is beyond me

also there was a brief moment in the aughts where they animated the football and gave it eyes. It talked to us in the stadium and I'm probably scarred for life 

Huddles says hello. They animated and anthropomorphicized a Jumbo Jet airplane and meshed it with an Aviator that wore goggles and a red scarf. 

1983-NFL-Properties-Huddles-New-York-Jet

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I don't recall anyone adding this tidbit, but if you had to pick one color that represents New York City, it would be black. It's always been black. It's urban, edgy, etc. It's the most associated color with the city and no other color (absence of color) is close. Now I realize we aren't in NYC, but you can hardly blame New Yorkers for wanting black. I would be shocked if there wasn't any green though. A lighter green would pop off the black, that's for sure.

WRONG.  NYC = Grey

It's GREY. This city is GREY from top to bottom and only ACCENTUATED by black which is the grime built up over the years. 

Grey = NYC: Weather, concrete buildings/sidewalks, common uniform color, typical business suit color, subway cars, street vendor food carts, municipal employee service level, mountains of iced over snow on street corners are grey and soot, parking meters, even are fire hydrants are grey and black, not red like in the cartoons I grew up watching. Batman wore Grey as well!

batman-adam-west-life-magazine-crop0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, teptep said:

The official colors of New York City, as represented by its flag,  are orange, white and blue.

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-nyc.html

Think Mets, Knicks and Islanders uniforms. No, I don't want to see those colors for the Jets, and I certainly don't want to see black. I hope they remain green, and I would prefer a lighter shade and green helmets.

That's because of the Dutch in our history: we are the New Amsterdam colony for the West Indian Trading Co.

NYC is a Grey, Black, and Navy Blue city. 

Look at what typical NYers wear, and you'll see we reflect the colors of the North East's weather patterns of being overcast and jaded by the years of living amongst 8.6M people coupled in 302.6 square miles of city land.  

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

not sure if this was mentioned, but did you notice the design on the podium at the news conference? It had a really bright green, an oval with the Jets inside, but more of a brush stroke oval black - looks like a bright green and black are a really good bet.

People keep mentioning that the talking piece of plywood - aka Jets PR man Eric Allen - was wearing a tie that was VERY indicative of the supposed new team colors. 

During the 1-on-1 interviews w/Allen & Coleman you have a clear shot:

oyb6vhbvwqsayl6ukixn.jpg

oyb6vhbvwqsayl6ukixn.jpg

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Black would be the MOST interesting color to add - it would pop a kelly green more than any other color. I'll say it again, New York is defined by the color BLACK! Black is urban, tough and cool all in one. It's about time the Jets used it. 

IT"S GREY!!!!!!!!!!! 

WE"VE BEEN THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P:D jk. 

It IS Grey, though. 

• Post of the Week 1

DxepJkzWkAAe6Qg.jpg

I just realized that the image on the helmet has 2 effects. On the Right Side & Left Side it resembles an abstract graphic of a Jet Tail:

F-16%20tail.JPG

Yet on the Left Side it's ALSO reminiscent of the 80's Jets logo as a massive J followed by what would be the E :

new-york-jets-logo-clipart-cliparthut-free-clipart-NURRPJ-clipart.jpg

Similar effect to the Sack Exchange Era

AbdulNYJ.jpg

The J and the "spine" of the E forms to make a Jet Tail "fin" (?) which is also the black portion along the thigh of the green pants. 

If they're bunk, it's a VERY valiant effort b/c it does incorporate a lot of aspects that fans have voiced/bickered over in anticipation of what the final result will be. 

11 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Assuming they use a new shade of green does this mean JetMan will need new spandex? 

Hopefully he FINALLY slaps on a pair of pants for gameday - this coming from a guy who refuses to wear pants within his property lines. lol. 

11 hours ago, Butterfield said:

You are a pompous idiot.  Hopefully no one takes you seriously.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS Buttered-up Butt.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting the gist that WHITE is not considered a team color. 

So Arz would just be Red and they've added Black as an accent 3rd color only in the past 10 years I think. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

29 to go fellow babies!

+1

Just trying to help 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company