Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

38 minutes ago, slats said:

I hope there’s no throwback involved at all. Hate that 80’s logo which basically represented garbage. If they’re going for something new, I hope it’s brand new.

This.

New York is the fashion capital of the country and if they can't built a world-class state of the art uniform it's a joke.  All my teams-  Jets, Rangers, Yankees-  have classic uniforms and I haven't seen a new/modern uniform in all my years of fandom.  I want something new and slick, no throwback crap.

But of course, the Jets will pull a Mets and design something hideous.  Or, worse, roll out a stupid play on the 80s uniform just in time for us to have a #14 under center.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It really surprises me how many people consider the current/Namath uniforms classic.  Just because they were around in the past doesn't mean they are classic.

They are our original uniforms from 1964 and were the ones we wore during our only glory days be they the '68, '98, or '09 eras.

Changing the uniforms is unnecessary.  The best uniforms in the NFL are old school.  Whose modern uniforms do you admire?  Seahawks?  Broncos?  Bucs?  All the new ones are ugly.  And teams that try to go modern then go running back to their classics.  This is a mistake.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hofstra Jet said:

Kinda stupid of the Jets to say that so early in the game. Who is going to buy a jersey now, knowing this is the last year they will wear it? 

Leave it to the Jets to get the hottest QB prospect in the last 5+ years and cripple his jersey sales by announcing a new design while he's holding out.

What a SOJ move.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is a common mistake. But no worries, I'm here to help:

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

If you look at the top of the J, you'll see there is a line that extends out to a design that goes all the way past the S. That's a jet, not a piece of garbage. The Jets is the name of the team, so it makes sense to have the logo be a jet. I know it might look like one, as I often have elongated triangular shaped flatware in my garbage, but I can assure you that it's supposed to be a jet, not garbage.

A "Jet" was a cutting edge piece of technology in 1964.  Here in 2018 the name is as exciting as Cars, Trains, and Buses.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

**or.. you could invert it...white helmet like others have said..but I do like this..

*ducks* leaves before Sar gets upset.

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

...and at the very moment that Darnold is the hope of a savior we go back to the logo of loserville.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

tempGSC32597--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1492129

hogan-browns.jpg?itok=Yc-rainH

Beyond the awful 80s Richard Todd logo, the fear is that the current fashion trend in NFL uniforms is to put the name of the team on the jersey and/or pants.  I can see the conversation between the Jets and Nike now....

"Hey Mr. Johnson, you're really fortunate in that the team name, Jets, is only 4 letters long.  So it can go on the pants and the jerseys.  Hey!  Remember that dumb chant that the drunks love so much?  How about a nice big J!-E!-T!-S! right across the front!  Genius!"

I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Back then I think it was a reference to your typical commercial plane, apt synergy when they were not far from LaGuardia.

Nowadays I think we tend to see more military style jets associated with the name. The Jets have used that in some of their video graphics and stuff for instance.

Come to think of it I bet most people today with picture those vehicles with the term "Jet" than a typical 747 or something.

That's a reach, I don't think of a fighter jet when I think of the team name, I think of nothing, actually.

And as far as aircraft goes, the air is filled with jet aircraft between 1pm and 6pm on gameday's, we usually see 5-10 planes a game fly overhead.  Not as loud as LaGuardia, but still very present.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Selfishly quoting myself...but...I also "green'd up" the Home Uniform concept that Chillygrafx (the same guy who made the "away" concept seen above") made and I gotta say....it came out really nice:

Screenshot_20180330-193510-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg

If this was something remotely close to what the real thing looks like, I'd be a very happy camper.

Stop already. It’s a boring design. It would be better to do nothing than to regress to a uniform my teen son could design in 15 minutes. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It's remarkable, isn't it?  No business sense whatsoever.  It's like they have a bunch of 20 year old inexperienced interns doing their social media / marketing.  Naivetee at its finest.  LOL @ Nike.  

The uniforms were like the only thing you could be okay with as a fan of this team.  Everything else gives you agita, at least we didn't have to stress out over being dressed stupidly, since 1998 at least we looked good.

I just know they are going to screw this up.  Nike, the team, we're going to wind up looking stupid like the Browns, I can feel it.  For the next 20 years we are going to look awful.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Let's be honest SAR, you're not the market the team (or any marketer) cares about.

You may impress some folks with your talk of all your wealth, but you're old, and white, and utterly irrelevant to pretty much any form of marketing at this point in what remains of your life.

18-25, multi-ethnic, men and women, is where the future (and profit) lies.  

You and I can shake our canes at clouds all we want, it won't change the future nor our own marketing irrelevance.

In before:  But, but, but, I have money!  I MATTER!  Lol.

You are thinking small-mindedly.  This isn't about jersey sales.  It's about team identity. 

SAR I

46 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Wealth , LOL. Guys...the ones with real wealth here you’ll probably never know about because they don’t feel the need to flaunt it.

That's what all the poor people say.  And for your next cliché you will tell us how your neighbor is worth $2 billion and drives a Camry. 

SAR I

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness, what's wrong with the current uniform? The all white is one of the best in sports.

Apparently the price that needs to be paid for all the ticket price reductions that no one asked for and all the giveaway soda and hotdogs that no one asked for is to sell a lot of merchandise and in the process make us look ugly. 

As much as I love the team I cannot trust the people in Florham Park to make an attractive uniform. If you look at the type of marketing they have produced and the type of lowest common denominator fan that they condescend to, we are in trouble. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It looks like they’ll go to a lighter shade of green. All of their marketing in the past 2 years has included lighter and brighter green as a part of our identity. Add in that our color rush makes Twitter swoon and that’s where we’re probably headed. 

jaguars-jets-football-bilal-powell_pg_60

I'll take the Color Rush uniforms over what I know is coming. 

The whiteout look with the white face-masks looked fantastic.  The stripe on the helmet matching the stripes on the shoulders and pantlegs, we are crazy for changing these.  Morons.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

If the helmets go green I’m out. 

SAR I

11 minutes ago, peebag said:

Let's do red and blue.

nyjl.jpg

Not a bad idea.  This way all my Yankees and Rangers gear will match and work for Jets games too.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Out, out?  Or out like you were dumping the Jets and going to root for the Giants out?

Out.  Done with football.  Would focus on the Yankees and Rangers, maybe give the Knicks a try.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

People keep mentioning that the talking piece of plywood - aka Jets PR man Eric Allen - was wearing a tie that was VERY indicative of the supposed new team colors. 

During the 1-on-1 interviews w/Allen & Coleman you have a clear shot:

Eric Allen is AWFUL.  I want that guy gone with the old regime, he's got the stink of Bowles and old-thinking all over him.

And he's talentless.  Watch him in interviews, he bobs his head without listening to what the speaker is saying, just waiting to ask his next inane question.  And did you hear him on those videos back in the summer where he's trying to be John Facenda in this low, documentary voice?  And you should have seen him in action at the Fan Advisory Board, he had no sense of the room and an agenda he wanted to push which none of us agreed with.

I think it's time for a bi-plane.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm sure the Jets are looking for a guy willing to ask tough and nuanced questions. 

They can hire another softballer who at least doesn’t embarrass the Jets brand. 

SAR I

ED9-C2-ABB-0-D08-46-C5-AD55-E4-B99195-C0

Interestingly they are white and they left the center stripes on and took the “Jets” wordmark off.  

That’s a good sign. It means even though we are getting new logos and uniforms we are keeping white helmets and can change out the side decals and convert our 68’s to throwbacks like the Chargers do with their powder blue’s a few times a season.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I don't think that's what's going on...  what I get from that photo & the statement "Off they go for a makeover" is they're collecting them to change them over completely.

I just did an hours worth of research on Riddell's reconditioning process and if the Jets were getting new colored helmets we wouldn't be returning the old ones at all, they'd just be shipping us brand new helmets.

The retention of the stripe decal cinches it.  It's the easiest sticker to remove, no need to leave it in place.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SMC said:

This.  The logos are removable and taken off whenever they need to touch-up the helmet.  The stripe is painted on.

The video simply means the helmets are going to be painted over.

The stripe is not painted on, it's a decal.  Look at when we wear our Color Rush uniforms and look at the Riddell video I just posted.  And why would the Jets, a $3 Billion dollar corporation, have a $1,200 helmet repainted?  To save $60,000?  Even the Johnson's aren't that cheap.

The painting process on a Riddell Speedflex helmet involves 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of color, and 1 clear coat.  The Jets helmet isn't painted either, it's injection molded as white.  It would make no sense to strip all the safety features out of the helmets to the bare bone shell just to go through this effort to change them to a color that's injection molded to begin with and/or save a few thousand dollars.

Returning the helmets.  Leaving the center stripe decals.  It means we're getting new facemasks, hardware like screws and such, added to the existing helmets.  That's somewhat indisputable now.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Not true. The Jamal Adams teaser clearly reveals the new shade of green.

No, it only shows a bright great glow of light.  Doesn't reveal anything else.  Numbskull Eric Allen filmed that teaser with an iPhone using whatever lighting equipment they had lying around.  You're reading too much into that teaser.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Maybe they’re sending all them helmets to goodwill.

They were bagged and tagged with "Riddell" shipping tags.  And if they are being sent off to goodwill they would have removed the center green stripe decals as well, makes no sense why they would remove the flag, Riddell logo, Jets wordmark, NFL shield, etc, but leave the center stripes on.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Quite honestly I'd be shocked if they didn't replace all of the helmets every year after the season and those helmets were being sent out to be refurbished and then donated. 

Perhaps, but why leave the green stripes on them?  And why Tweet the term "makeover".

SAR I

27 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Has anyone heard anything about when the new ones will be unveiled? 

Can't wait for the members of this site to have something else to be segregated over and rip each other apart for. 

The Titans unveiled their new uniforms on April 3 at a downtown runway ceremony.  They had leaked on the social media the day before.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green helmets are a, stupid bad idea. Green field, green backdrop, green helmets downfield. There's a reason its one of the first things Parcells asked to change

This.

There have been 52 Super Bowls.

A team in a green helmet has one exactly 1 of them.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't like this, not one bit 

The helmet is so important to the identity of a team 

It doesn't need updating or improvement 

I've got a bad feeling about this 

The helmet is going to be white with the familiar twin stripes in the same shade of green. Which makes sense since the 68's instantly become the most popular throwback jerseys in the NFL. 

Remember, this change is about revenue generation. The 68's are too good to discontinue, thanks to the NY Titans blue helmets we can't go retro with that color, we need an alternate once or twice a year, so the white helmets become the obvious choice. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Good points. I also think that with all of the rumors floating around about color schemes, logos, etc. one of theories or leaks was correct. This video goes completely against anything being reported, to keep us off the scent....hopefully.

If the Jets were getting new, colored helmets they wouldn't be sending the old ones back to Riddell, they'd be donating them to a local charity or selling them as game-used souvenirs.

The only logical explanation is that they are a) keeping existing headgear, b) having routine annual maintenance, done at the factory, c) having them updated with newly colored hardware, and d) sticking with white helmets with whatever the new uniform design looks like.  This is an important and welcomed bonus for Jets fans who will enjoy seeing the 1968 classics worn a few times a season every year as an alternate, something that many other teams with a proud heritage have the luxury of doing.

SAR I 

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Those that think we are keeping the helmets white will unfortunately be very sad in a couple of months.  

Another uninformed opinion.  What's next?  Going to post the 10 year old internet renderings from Google Images for the 500th time?

SAR I

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Look in the mirror dumbass.

Shut your mouth and don't speak to me like that again. This isn't Twitter. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m actually all for keeping white helmets. I just want a different shade of green than our current one. If they’re keeping those stripes on the helmet the same, then it’s more of a tweak than a complete rebranding as has been described.

IMG-1168.gif

"Rebranding" in corporate terms can be just the logo and the geometry of the uniform. It doesn't need to mean a change in the shade of green.  When the Dolphins did this to their logo and uniforms they looked refreshed and modernized but you could still easily identify the team without any hesitation.  Same for the Browns, same for the Vikings, same for the Jaguars, same for the Titans.  

Having been to the Jets corporate offices in Florham Park on more than a few occasions I can tell you that if the Jets change the green to some electric frog color it is going to cost them a bloody fortune to recolor every bit of green trim and furniture in the joint, not to mention the hundreds of movable parts and components in MetLife Stadium, I just don't see it happening. 

You don't throw out 55 years of carefully cultivated brand identity, no other NFL team has.  Think "refresh" not "brand new" and you won't be disappointed.  Jets said "makeover" and labeled each helmet by player.  White it is.  White helmets are happening.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@SAR I told a cool story, but the actual design of the new uniforms had already been submitted to the NFL before the Fan Advisory meeting last July. This is a fact.

Exactly.  That’s what I’m saying.

When I made a plea to keep white helmets and the Jets President looked over at our owner, smiled broadly, nodded, and pointed to him I took that to mean that Chris Johnson wanted white helmets, Neil Glat was making a “you were right” gesture towards him, and that they did exactly as this fan had asked before I even had to mention it.

Yesterday’s video and photo tease just confirms what I know to be true having interacted with the very people making the decision.  White helmets are happening.  And that matters to me because the 68’s are cool and we deserve cool alternate vintage throwbacks like the Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, and other AFL teams do. 

SAR I

24 minutes ago, slats said:

Well then, if that's what you took it to mean, I'm ready to just go ahead and carve that in stone. 

Having a JN member who had this interaction with the team may or may not matter to you.  I am merely reporting an exchange specifically on uniform design that I myself had in the Jets auditorium in Florham Park in front of 30+ season ticket holders and the team's senior executives.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

When they keep the helmets in storage they dont have the Jets logo on the side i believe... I'm pretty sure they put that on later once the season starts, which would lead me to believe they are actually changing the helmet color. 

Riddell offers a helmet reconditioning service, takes 4 weeks to inspect and bring the helmet back up to new, certified condition.  It's on their website, they detail how the process is done including the removal all accessories, just like the Jets showed in their video, tagged just like the Jets showed in their video.  They are going back to Riddell for reconditioning:

https://www.riddell.com/reconditioning

Now, it says on there that Riddell will repaint a helmet during the reconditioning process.  So that sounds reasonable, right?  Yes!  They're painting them!  But ask yourself, if an NFL team were getting new helmets in an entirely new color why would they care about the $1,000 cost of 53 helmets which is a weekly lunch bill to a $3 billion dollar corporate enterprise?  Why not just get new helmets injection-molded in a green, black, or grey color instead of going through the trouble, and bleed-through, of over-painting a white helmet?

If the Jets are getting a new helmet color, they wouldn't be sending the old ones back for reconditioning.  They'd just get new ones.  I'm guessing in today's concussion-conscious world from a standpoint of player safety it's best to keep the geometry and break-in of the existing helmet as-is, thus the reason for the reconditioning, the safety pads and collision dome and such don't get deconstructed and re-installed that way, just buff up the whiteness and re-test, and that's that.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company