Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

I'll admit I'm nervous about the new uniforms and our team trying to be "cool" with the next generation which is basically a bunch of idiots who sit on computers and play video games. 

I wouldn't mind this all that much maybe. But this would be as far as I'd want to go. 

image.png

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't like it because I think it is going to look stupid, but the Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks all wear blue.  So did the Nets until they moved to Brooklyn and went to these strange 1930's black and white uniforms.  I think the only true New York team that didn't wear blue was the baseball Giants.

Interesting point.  don't know if I've ever realized that before. 

That's a lot of the reason why the Jets should stay GREEN!! We were different than the rest of the city's teams. We are the bastard step child. I'd rather keep our uniqueness and win with our own brand like Jon Snow as opposed to trying to be like the true born stark children and wear the same colors a them!  

STAT GREEN JETS!!

image.png

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would be shocked if green didn't remain our primary color

As would I. I would seriously hate to see some hybrid where we factor in the blue and yellow of the Titans unis. I never liked them and don't now. 

• Upvote 1

I love that big Jet logo for our helmets. I would like a didferent shade of green or different colors than that...but the helmet logo is perfect.

I like it too actually. It would kinda nice to incorporate our 80’s logo without the whole word jets too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like this. It's got the nod to 80's nostalgia with the large jet wing without reproducing verbatim the 80's wordmark. It's modern and sleek - which is in the spirit of the team name. And it doesn't look like the uniform of any other NFL team (ok, maybe a touch like the Eagles, but lighten the shade of green to differentiate). 
I hope they do something like this instead of any military theme.

You’re hitting on the exact reasons I am liking the one in the pic more and more. It’s sleek and gives the nod to the 80’s logo without reproducing it. I haven’t really seen too many options that I like but I don’t even know how close to being real options any of them are. That includes the pic I included. I just found it one a site that had a few options.

Does anyone know if the jets have offered any tip of their hand on what they may be thinking?
Are any of what we are seeing legitimate options?

Remember when the ravens gave the fans the option of choosing the logo when Baltimore stole the Cleveland Browns away from Cleveland? That would be great to do. Give the fans a certain percentage of the choice.

Chrome. I thought chrome would be introduced 

I doubt that much chrome could be allowed. The glare from the sun or lights would be insanely distracting. People would go blind for gods sake.

Plus is flat out ugly. Could you imagine all of the reflections of people middle fingers in all
The official nfl pics?

There is a very small part of my soul that secretly hopes the Jets pull out an all-time bad (to my tastes) new Uniform/Logo, and thus frees me from this lifelong curse for good.
I root for the laundry.  When I was a wee lad, I liked the Jets because they were green (my favorite color), not blue (which was meh to my 5-6 year old mind).
If the Jets do some garash modern urban style black uniform a la the Darnold jersey above, given my current mental state re: the Jets it might just be the final straw for me.  I would no longer desire to root for that laundry.  
A small part of me hopes for that.  Which says a damn lot, tbqh. ☹️

Lol. Me too man. I wish it was that easy. I’ve tried to get my son to be a ravens fan like his Baltimorean mother but no dice. He loves this crappy team and it’s deep already at 10 years old. Now I can’t leave the poor kid behind no matter what crap they put on our struggling players.

When we get defillipo and nkeal Harry in the first rd after an off-season of beef cake o line infusion, we will be back with all the hope in the world. :-)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

This was found on twitter through a Jets fanpage handle. This could very easily be BS as it is from reddit but the description sort of matches what I thought they would do, except for logo being symbol (Jet) rather than spelled out Jets logo. 

Let the whining begin! 

IMG_8918.JPG.png

IMG_8919.JPG.png

I'm not seeing it. Am I missing something?  lil help? 

Edit: Forget it. I was looking for a pic without reading. Just read it and WAAAAAAAAAH !  I hate it. lol 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigO said:

Only the Chargers is better.

Not a bad point. I always liked their helmet.  

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I get it I just don't have to agree with it. Personal choice. 

I am in the process of getting a Darnold and Adams jersey current style and color. 

I wont wear futuristic alien space colors or heed to change just to make the Johnson brothers rich. 

Bad enough we haven't won anything in 50 years but the organization decides to go full funkadelic on our uniforms. 

NO THANKS 

I hope they aren't putrid and at least keep it toned down enough to where we don't look like we really should be in the XFL or CFL. 

LMAO!!  alien space colors!  

You and me both man. I'm just not into it.  That being said, whatever it is, It could very well symbolize the beginning of an entirely new era of the NY Jets. Sam Darnold will always be remembered wearing this new color scheme and logo. 

Similar to how Klecko actually wore the original uni's but is mostly remembered as playing  the with the 80's logo. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s been done by the eagles 

Will they have to wear the Ultimate Warrior style straps on their biceps too?  Sign me  up for that shlt!!!    lol 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for ultimate warrior pics

That's the stuff!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hate the oval logo.  Always have always will.

Come at me.

You're dumb.   How's that?  :) 

• Haha 1

Hey guys. I haven’t really been in this thread since the beginning. Can someone sum up the last 69 pages for me please? Do we have new uniforms yet? ;-)

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sure, no problem.

Tom Shane made a bunch of jokes.  Sperm Edwards wrote a "War And Peace" sized essay detailing his thoughts on it.  Villain used this topic as an opportunity to praise Baker Mayfield.  Kelly posted a bunch of GIFs of the "Big Bang Theory" episode when the cast unveiled their new football jerseys.  And Maxman is optimistic about the Jets' chances next season.

Oh, and the Jets are introducing a new primary color into their uniform: teal.

I couldn't have hoped for anything more than this.  lol 

10 hours ago, heymangold said:

04430B81-E21B-4718-9343-2DF254FDE123.jpeg

I don't hate this one. If there is more Green in it, the logo would be pretty cool actually. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Looks a lot like Robby Anderson’s new car

Dude, If that's really our new color I'm going to be upset.  It's been hard enough staying with this albatross of a team. now we have to watch lime green drop passes and miss tackles all over the field?  Like the Orlando Thunder!!  UGH!

image.png.e1dcf2f2f2c8c17a3d24d1d263e53e64.png

41 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

If thats all it takes, you weren’t much of a fan to begin with.

Leave him alone. He's right!  If they betray us and go with Lime Green I will finally have had enough. You know what I'll do? HUH? 

I'll finally right that letter to the Jets telling them I'm mad.  That's what I'll do buddy!   Don't push me! 

13 hours ago, slats said:

Correcting grammar is lame (even though I'm occasionally guilty of correcting repeat infractions), but this dude/dudette thing is beyond lame. Just knock it off. Let's take it at face value that you're both male and move on. 

If you guys can't play nice, don't play. 

Thank you!   lol  

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

To each his own I look at it as I support the whole team not just one player who may not even be on the team anymore.. But that's just me..

I tend to agree with your thinking here. 

I stopped buying jerseys with actual players names on them years ago. As soon as I bought one it was almost a guarantee the player wouldn't be here anymore. lol  The thing I struggle with is people wearing jerseys with names of players who are now on other teams. I just can't do it.  

The one exception for me is if it's a players name who is a Jets great or soemthing.  I have McNeil, Gastineau and a Mo Lewis jerseys, but I basically only wear my #90(for Byrd) but with my own name on it anymore. Covers all of my bases. 

If I remember correctly, you have Savage on your jersey do you not? 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Related image

Those guys were almost mandatory to stop at after the games at Giants Stadium. I think it happened almost every single game for 10 years for me lol 

7 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m planning to fly across the country, pay for a hotel in NY or NJ, buy gear and hopefully, experience a tailgate with die hard fans.  

And not complain about it, or the hassle.  😏

You may want to consider when Max announces the Jetnation game for this year. I wasn't able to pull it together for last year, but I am thinking I will this year with enough notice. The drive up from VA isn't bad, but I'll try and complain the whole way. 😮

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Haha, I complain about leaving at 6:30 in the morning on game day to tailgate all day, drive the 70 miles to campus/Coliseum lugging all kinds of tailgate equipment and food to prepare for the day in bumper to bumper traffic into downtown LA.  

Thankfully, when I get there, the guys unload my car.  Everyone brings food, the guys the three TVs, satellite chairs and the canopies.  What a pain, yet we show up.

I’d love to make that game, and met all you knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.  😂

Good times. Good times! lol 

The crap we do for game day. lol 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And the leagues most boring, dated look

Classic, Classy and pure.   Who wants what the Jags have?  Just terrible. 

I am a lifelong diehard NY Jets fan I bleed GREEN I don't care what color they decide to change our uniforms to.
Green will always be the color I identify the NY Jets with until the day I die. 

Like pulling up to a Hess station in the 70’s to get that Christmas truck with the working lights.
Greeeeeeen!!!

• Upvote 1

Saw this old "leak" but with Darnold wearing it.
838EEFB0-D150-4C49-BA7B-024625341067.thumb.jpeg.42f1afd744f8ee7f043558ddf7fb95f7.jpeg

I’m taking a laid back approach to our new unis but I have to say that would be a terrible uniform. I hope that’s not what it ultimately looks like. The helmet design is just poooooopy.

I will say I’m getting a little excited now that we’re so close though. I want to see what my sons New Jersey is gonna look like already.

• Upvote 3

That’s a logo we’ve seen before as “a possible nyj logo”

Wasn’t CJ saying that this would be a significant change though? That hat seems more like a slight tweak.

That logo is a cleaner version of what we have and is a real improvement. The hat includes black as a primary color. The entire package of the uniform could be very different and definitely adds another color to our palette. Another sign that this is really it, is that the font on the invites for the reveal and the font on that hat are the same.

I happen to really like our current uniforms and logo so I wouldn’t be disappointed with this but I honestly expected something more serious. They prepped us for a complete overhaul. Like the bucs switching from the guy with blade in his teeth and the orange to the pirate flag and red. Not an adjustment and adding black.

I’m fine with it but just expected different.

As long as we’re green It’s gonna be hard to be upset.
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That's pretty accurate I think. But I am expecting a big difference the way it has been built up. Not just some bigger coffee bean version with the NY on the outside

It also seems deliberate that this was released.  The Jets are pretty tight lipped these days. They have a big even planned for thursday. Why would they release the actual product three days earlier? Especially on April Fools day.  

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They are releasing in 48 hours. Why are you cocks still arguing about this.

Who you callin a chicken??? 

• Upvote 1

Aside from the nostalgia factor I can't see how anyone would prefer the old logo. From a design standpoint it's hideous. The football, the Jets wording and the NY is all on top of each other. There are two different fonts used right next to each other. It's a garbled mess. The new version at least gets the fonts to match and makes it more readable. I don't know if I'm a fan of the football being included and cutting into the bottom of Jets but I assume they did that to provide  depth to the oval, like the football is closer to the reader than the wording. [mention=32182]Greensleeves[/mention] help me out here. 

Kind of a silly batch of comments. It’s reminiscent of the old Yankees symbol
Of having the N and the Y on top of each other. Good enough for the Mets to copy it too. Same era and very classic.

I get people preferring something new but to say that this one is a mess is just Not accurate. Not liking it is one thing but the symbolism has stood the test of time.

• Upvote 1

You misunderstood my point...I'm not saying the N and Y are on top of each other, I'm saying the word "Jets" is on top of the NY. It would be like the Yankees and Mets writing Yankees in front of the NY...doesn't make any sense and would ruin the interlocking NY.
Took separately, the "NY" is fine, the "Jets" is fine and the football I'm kind of meh about but it's fine....but the way they designed all of those elements together violates all kinds of design rules. 

So you’re saying it’s groundbreaking lol

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company