Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would certainly seem so?

It's the current color rush uniform

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nike is most likely furious.  No way in hell do I buy one of the current ones knowing that next year it changes.  Oh boy the Jets marketing staff is so short-sighted.

Right, what the Jets should have done was say nothing.  Then watch fans run out and by the current uniform of their favorite players.  A ton of new Darnold uniforms get sold.  

Then announce that in a couple of months they'll unvail new uniforms.  Yeah, marketing gold.  How much would fans scream that they wasted money on the current uniform and what would be worse the crying that they need to wait a year or the crying they wasted $300????

Yeah, short sighted.  Like the complaining that goes on around this team

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

LOL.  You have a point there.  And when I posted that I was unaware of the 'rule' that new uni's have to be announced a year out.  

I know, figured that but left it out.  I was thinking all the uniform changes were announced as the Jets did, a year ahead of time.  Bet the NFL feels the same way, better to lose some sales than to piss people off who buy a Jersey a year a head of time.  Plus I would bet that the new uniform had been discussed, designed and agreed on by the Jets long before they drafted Darnold.  A shiny new QB does make it a tough decision to wait so maybe some fans buy this seasons and next seasons new look 

8 hours ago, jgb said:

In nike’s Interest to make the design as faddish as possible so in four years—BOOM!—another “update.”

Yeah because it's up to Nike to design and approve a new uniform. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Lighten up Francis it was a joke

Then I'll apologise for missing it.  Just so many believe they're the ones who design them

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If the helmets go green I’m out. 

SAR I

Out, out?  Or out like you were dumping the Jets and going to root for the Giants out?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You know what would be pretty cool? If Chris Johnson threw down some coin and bought 100 of those concussion-mediating helmets that Goodell pretends don’t exist because the league is contractually hog-tied to Riddell for their Paleolithic trash gear.

anticoncussionhelmet.jpg

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I suspect you might be disappointed. They have shown the Titans uniforms for a reason. I think it will be mostly green and white, but would expect them to add a third or fourth color with gold making the most sense and possibly blue. The more variations they have the more sales they got. They are not just going to have green and white. JMO.

They've shown the Titans uniform because they're going to wear them.  This season.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I pray and suspect not. If the uniforms involve gold and navy... That absolutely sucks.

We might want to actually see them before saying anything will suck or not

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll say flat out that any new uniforms with blue or gold will suck ass. I have no interest in new colors. 

Ok then 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll say flat out that any new uniforms with blue or gold will suck ass. I have no interest in new colors. 

I dont either, 99.99% sure they stick with the colors we're known for.

Which is a lot different that saying we couldnt have a uniform that looks great based on blue or gold, off of these colors

Jim_Leonhard_return_Jets-Dolphin_game,_Nov_2009_-_011.jpg

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’ll neg-rep you

Hey theres a way to argue against any change, post as many god awful green uniforms you can find on the web and predict that ours will be that god awful

And threaten to neg rep it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean I thought the NY Titans throwbacks were putrid. I'd be honestly furious if we went that direction.

But yeah, I think green and white are strongly associated with the team in a way that it would do damage to change that, and I don't think they will. The strongest I could see them going would be to add black or silver to the uniform to spice it up -- I'd be very surprised if they went with another strong primary color.

Man, I hope not, those unis just didnt connect to me because as you say, we're green and white.  Those are our colors.  

I think we could add some form of trim to the green and white just as embellishment, not as a primary color change.

Wasnt pushing for a change to the Titan look, but do think those colors, like the whites, could be used in a sharp uni.  Just wouldnt be the jets IMO.  We're primarily green, whether some like it or not.

And we all know that some will love whatever they release and some will call them putrid 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What does it look like? Post a picture?? 

usa_today_11185102.jpg

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not funny.

Who was trying to be funny?  Someone asked what the new FSU uni looked like and I posted a picture of it.  

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Haha it showed up as a broken link to me, I thought it was hilarious, so I quoted it. But I do appreciate you posting it, I wish I could have seen it. I really never remember black jerseys...

No problem I figured as much.

And I agree, that uniform is hideous and just a play at promoting jersey sales to what they think the younger audience wants. 

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's your opinion.

You are wrong and so is your declaration. My Opinion.

Opinions are subjective. Not here to argue and "choose a side," just exchanging ideas on how to update the current situation in a tasteful and universal (as possible) manner to appease AS MANY Jets Fans as possible. Not everyone will be happy; Welcome to Life.

Now scuttle along and go get your apple sauce. 😄

Thats the best part of uniform discussions.  When people say no, flat out to colors or a design.  That tell others what we are and are not.  Its all opinion and if the uniforms are done right, like Jax IMO, colors wont be all that important, they'll look good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vader said:

Chrome. I thought chrome would be introduced 

And would have to be replaced a couple of years later when they look oddly out of style and dated.  Think Jaguars

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Except... the Patriots? 

Or the Broncos?  

Giants?

Eagles?

On 11/10/2018 at 8:54 AM, Butterfield said:

Only a homer would think the jets have the best uniforms in the league.  It doesn’t even make sense for a team named the jets to have green and white as colors.  Other than the word “jets” on the helmets, what elements of the uniform represents the team name?

Other than a "G", what says GreenBay?  What says Giants?  What says Titans, Seahawks, Patriots, Dolphins, etc, etc, etc? Pointless if you need ridiculously obvious reminders of the team on the field.

• Upvote 2

On 11/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, Butterfield said:

The titans have mythological items (references to swords, etc), the patriots have a representation of a patriot and a flag and are mostly red, white and blue.  The dolphins have a dolphin.  The seahawks have a seahawk.  The giants and packers logos suck too.  

Yeah all your examples preview that a Jet isn't literal enough.  Not like a head becomes a Patriot.  

That you think the Packers, Giants, Jets and apparently any classic uniform sucks says it all though. 

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

To be fair, why we expect anything else?

This organization hasn't done anything right, certainly not for a long term, for the majority of it's existence.

I don't expect them to get this right either.

Because they've had two, make that three, great looking uniforms throughout their history.  But we should keep whining.

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Who comes up with this stuff and why?  

The uniforms aren't the problem its the players and the coaches.

As if they're changing the uniforms to help them win.  

3 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

This was found on twitter through a Jets fanpage handle. This could very easily be BS as it is from reddit but the description sort of matches what I thought they would do, except for logo being symbol (Jet) rather than spelled out Jets logo. 

Let the whining begin! 

IMG_8918.JPG.png

IMG_8919.JPG.png

Wish someone would start a uniform thread on this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Our current logo is god awful 

No offense but we need to check IDs before allowing logo talk 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Logo blows Pops.

Sorry, not sorry lmao.

Youd fail the ID test too, LOL

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The best uniforms in the league are plain. Chicago, Green Bay, Indianapolis etc. They are classic and will look always look sharp. The Jets have a good uniform as is. Parcells knew what he was doing. Everything that's been leaked so far screams amateur hour/mid 90's/over the top bad. If this leak is even half true it's going to be a complete mess.

Probably because everything thats been leaked so far has been created by amateurs with Photoshop on a laptop in their mothers basement

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

We're all screwed padding the bank account of J&J...I just rather have a design logo that I enjoy watching and wearing...don't worry, with my luck they'll stay close to the original.  Why ruin a good thing?

After all these years you would think people would know that J&J has absolutely nothing to do with Woody or Chris, has nothing to do with the Jets and get not even one dollar added to their bank account because of the Jets.   

So not getting how we're screwed.   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I was just too lazy to spell out W&C.  Sorry, not sorry.

We're screwed because they own my favorite team and cannot lead a dog to eat in a meat market.  

Not what your post read like but ok.

As for screwed, none of it has a thing to do with the uniforms, maybe should be in another thread?  There are more than a few that complain about ownership on a daily basis.  Pretty much par for the course for every team, every sport BTW.  

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not a bad point. I always liked their helmet.  

Along with the Rams and Vikes helmets.  Just cool

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nooooooo lime green its ugly we aren't an XFL football team. 

Green is tradition GANG GREEN 

How long before you get that the new uniforms wont be one of the two uniforms we've already worn?  :)

That green above, in the black Oregon unis is actually sharp and not far off from our 69 versions

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I get it I just don't have to agree with it. Personal choice. 

I am in the process of getting a Darnold and Adams jersey current style and color. 

I wont wear futuristic alien space colors or heed to change just to make the Johnson brothers rich. 

Bad enough we haven't won anything in 50 years but the organization decides to go full funkadelic on our uniforms. 

NO THANKS 

I hope they aren't putrid and at least keep it toned down enough to where we don't look like we really should be in the XFL or CFL. 

Has nothing to do with agreeing with it.  Its happening and unfortunately most want it.  I love our unis but its a business and theyre going away for at least a little while. 

But that doesnt change the fact that they can look great.  Dont see why a change is met with so much whining, bitching and moaning about something we havent seen yet.  Nowhere is it written that they will be futuristic alien space colors, XFL or go full funkadelic.  What new NFL uniforms follow that script?  Jags, no.  Titans, no.  Cards, no,  Rams, no.  Fins, no.  Vikes, no.....

And the money from sales goes to shared revenue, not C&Ws pockets, as if that makes a difference given youre either buy a current version or next years version.

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jacksonville went space uniforms and they were so bad they had to hire Coughlin to get rid of them. The new Titans uniforms are terrible. Arizona’s current uniform is terrible. 

And that would be what I said with regards to the Jags new uniforms, they're fine.  The new Titan uniforms aren't terrible.  And neither are the Cardinals

.  Of course if you were paying attention I said they weren't futuristic alien space colors, XFL or go full funkadelic.  What new NFL uniforms follow that script?  

4 minutes ago, viffer said:

Because we're Jets fans, and have a 50 year history of the team screwing up any change...

Yeah, other than when we had our first uniforms as the Jets, our second Jets uniforms and the return to the championship inspired uniforms?  So other than we've never screwed up a change, never didnt have a great looking uniform you might be right.  🙄

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for green alien american football team pics

So how many ugly ass uniforms are you going to post pictures of that some kid made in his basement and to what purpose?  To prove you have Google? :)

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company