Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

22 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Why why why couldn’t they have a PLANE ✈️ , or something plane-ish there, instead of a GD football! Every team could have a football. But they don’t. I can’t brli they found a way to Make it even worse. 

I don't know, maybe its because millions of fans would think that it's stupid and redundant to have a big ass JETS wordmark with an airplane next to it.  Or perhaps its because the only cool/aggressive aircraft that personify the message are military jets and that's politically incorrect and would make all of its wearers targets in international markets.  Perhaps it's because we have millions of dollars of branding in that logo already spent at Florham Park and MetLife Stadium.

I can't answer the question.  But it's tradition and it's been our logo for 55 years.  I didn't hear anyone complaining in all that time, I don't see the need for it now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pre release poll.

Cited a poll here, didn't check how the vote went.  Polls everywhere where fans like them.  The self centered call all those of us who like the uniforms stooges for some reason.  Id rather be a stooge than the one telling all that they're wrong for liking something.  over and over and over again.  How lame is that

You aren’t a stooge for liking the new uniforms. If that helps clarify things.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

So it's a clipart football inside another football, and that makes it better?

helmet.jpg

The uniform looks terrific.  Big NEW YORK on the jersey, big JETS on the helmet.  Badass.

If you're complaining about the logo that's not on the uniform, the football-shaped one that's on fan merchandise like hats and hoodies, don't buy them and you'll never have to look at them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I can't really post gifs at work, but they are badass in that Steve Buschemi "how do you do, fellow kids" kind of way.

Also, I have no objection to Billy Joel, but in the final product, what exactly screams Billy Joel?

Did someone allude to middle-aged decision makers trying to "get hip" with the youngin's?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't know, maybe its because millions of fans would think that it's stupid and redundant to have a big ass JETS wordmark with an airplane next to it.  Or perhaps its because the only cool/aggressive aircraft that personify the message are military jets and that's politically incorrect and would make all of its wearers targets in international markets.  Perhaps it's because we have millions of dollars of branding in that logo already spent at Florham Park and MetLife Stadium.

I can't answer the question.  But it's tradition and it's been our logo for 55 years.  I didn't hear anyone complaining in all that time, I don't see the need for it now.

SAR I

Yeah, no. You do realize that a logo does not, in fact, have to contain a "big ass JETS wordmark" right? That is the entire point of us saying they should have gone in a different direction. 

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Meh. I like to think that keeping the clip art football is an homage to the previous logo which wasn't that good to begin with, thus making it pretty meta, which in turn actually makes it kind of awesome. Better to think of the football and logo overall as more Phil Connors than Kardashian.

football.jpg

It's the same football found in the NFL logo.  If it's good enough for the other 31 teams to wear, it's good enough for the Jets to wear.

"Jets Football".  What a terrible thing to say on a helmet.  Oh my God.  The tragedy.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Peace Frog, you are exactly what this thread needs right now. No sarcasm, thank you. 

That's a tad sad but anything I can do to help out.  I've only been here for a week so I haven't read more than a few pages of the thread and I can't tell who loves them, who hates them, who is proud of them or who is embarrassed by them.

Listen, if folks want to hate the new unis that's their prerogative.  I was ready to absofreakinglutely hate them.  Thought they were going to be a black and lime green version of the Titans or some idiotic Nike version of the Oregon million combos.

They're growing on me.  I'm a white helmet dark green Parcells era uni lover but these uni's, I'm kind of liking.  They are not nearly as bad  as I feared and could have been much much worse.

I think the green is perfect and the metallic green helmets look great.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

That's a tad sad but anything I can do to help out.  I've only been here for a week so I haven't read more than a few pages of the thread and I can't tell who loves them, who hates them, who is proud of them or who is embarrassed by them.

Listen, if folks want to hate the new unis that's their prerogative.  I was ready to absofreakinglutely hate them.  Thought they were going to be a black and lime green version of the Titans or some idiotic Nike version of the Oregon million combos.

They're growing on me.  I'm a white helmet dark green Parcells era uni lover but these uni's, I'm kind of liking.  They are not nearly as bad  as I feared and could have been much much worse.

I think the green is perfect and the metallic green helmets look great.

Despite what some here may say, I actually agree with you 100%. I just don't like the logo, other than that, we're good. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Based on the new logo design....

It is not out of the relm of possibility that the other logo suggestions included a clipart jet.

Which IMO would have been worse than the clipart football.

+1

In the 8 months the Microsoft Paint Brigade subjected us to the most amateurish and boring renderings of Jets uniforms imaginable there wasn't a single logo created that is better than the one that Nike and the Jets have designed, a simple tweak of what we've had for 55 years. 

The people have spoken and we like what they released.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nothing. The Billy Joel thing is something a creative director throws in a ‘inspiration’ speak when crafting a pitch for absolutely uninspired design with no real rationale behind it.

Billy Joel, back in his glory years, was a badass New Yorker who's motto repeated at the end of every show was "don't take sh-t from anybody".  Then they showed DeNiro from Taxi, a bit of a lunatic.  Nike used the "edge" of New York as their inspiration.  Doesn't really matter.

What is a Jet?  If you look at the majority of the people who follow them, it is symbolized by whining, defeatist fans who love playing the victim more than winning in games or in life.  People who won't pony up $15 for a ticket and scream about the enemy fans who they themselves let in the place.  And those who do show up drinking themselves blotto in the parking lot bemoaning a 65 year old mascot who quit on the team on national TV to promote his own brand.

A Jets wordmark and a football should be the least of our concerns.

SAR I

+1

In the 8 months the Microsoft Paint Brigade subjected us to the most amateurish and boring renderings of Jets uniforms imaginable there wasn't a single logo created that is better than the one that Nike and the Jets have designed, a simple tweak of what we've had for 55 years. 

SAR I

I actually agree that I didn't see a fan-made logo that I liked better than an update of the 80's logo...but I do hold Nike up to higher standards and it's been said that they were pushing for a change so I'm sure there were better options we never saw. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yeah, no. You do realize that a logo does not, in fact, have to contain a "big ass JETS wordmark" right? That is the entire point of us saying they should have gone in a different direction. 

laptop-notebook-tablet-computer-pc-mobil

You can't put a graphic of an airplane without context on a logo without having it confused with aircraft manufacturers or the military.  It's the problem we have because, unlike other NFL teams, we're named after an technology.

If we were named the Laptops and we only had a logo of a Laptop, anyone seeing you on the streets of London would think you work for IBM or Google, not that you're a fan of an NFL team.  Understand?  There are just so many times I can explain this to you.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

football.jpg

It's the same football found in the NFL logo.  If it's good enough for the other 31 teams to wear, it's good enough for the Jets to wear.

"Jets Football".  What a terrible thing to say on a helmet.  Oh my God.  The tragedy.

SAR I 

This is a really weird hill for you to die on. Are you doing a shtick?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

laptop-notebook-tablet-computer-pc-mobil

You can't put a graphic of an airplane without context on a logo without having it confused with aircraft manufacturers or the military.  It's the problem we have because, unlike other NFL teams, we're named after an technology.

If we were named the Laptops and we only had a logo of a Laptop, anyone seeing you on the streets of London would think you work for IBM or Google, not that you're a fan of an NFL team.  Understand?  There are just so many times I can explain this to you.

SAR I

Yes, you can. 

Total lack of imagination 

presumably the jets hired people with a bit more. Though the product does not suggest it 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You know what's mentally deficient? Not being able to understand how bad you sound and not understanding that you were told to su and stop.  And can't.  Especially when someone keeps pointing out it's opinions and you aren't going to change someone's mind. 

Now that's mentally deficient.  And that's being nice

How about continually saying you’re done responding, in ongoing responses?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

SAR can’t really talk about football so instead he talks about stadiums, psl’s, and now logos and uniforms 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I 

You keep conjuring "Nike" to defend your position, but I'm pretty sure I read here in this thread that Nike wanted an entirely new logo, but the Johnson's wouldn't go for it.

Nike didn't give the people what they wanted. Nike gave them what Chris and Woody Johnson wanted.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

SAR can’t really talk about football so instead he talks about stadiums, psl’s, and now logos and uniforms 

When he talks about football, people complain. When he talks about PSL's, people complain. When he talks about uniforms, people complain. At this point he's becoming somewhat of a martyr which is kind of ****ed up considering SAR got flat out busted on film at the Gate D spirals joining the jagaloons he claims he can't stand.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Also, it's not that anyone's wrong to like something.  There's a difference between liking something, and quality.

A lot of people like Keeping of with the Kardashians too.

My man, I made this point days ago. It’s lost on them.

The issue here is that the intellectual elite are pointing out facts about design... while the intellectually insecure defy the existence of science ... err, I mean cry about being told what they should think, while telling others what they should think. It might as well be politics at this point.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I actually agree that I didn't see a fan-made logo that I didn't like better than an update of the 80's logo...but I do hold Nike up to higher standards and it's been said that they were pushing for a change so I'm sure there were better options we never saw. 

I want to hit the 'like' button because of the mature demeanor of your post but I don't agree with the content so I can't.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Despite what some here may say, I actually agree with you 100%. I just don't like the logo, other than that, we're good. 

Eh, I can live with the logo.  The logo has never been that big of a thing for me--the logo of the 69 champs and the Parcells reboot was not the thing that drew me to the unis, it was the white helmet, the pure green and white and the shoulder patches with the opposite colored numerals.  If I closed my eyes I don't think I could have drawn that logo so it wasn't iconic like the Cowboy star or Bear C or Packer G or the like.  

I don't buy or wear hats or logo covered swag so for me it's irrelevant.  

The fact that it's on a beautiful green metallic helmet is what makes it for me--notwithstanding my love of the old white helmet.  The logo? I can live with it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You keep conjuring "Nike" to defend your position, but I'm pretty sure I read here in this thread that Nike wanted an entirely new logo, but the Johnson's wouldn't go for it.

Nike didn't give the people what they wanted. Nike gave them what Chris and Woody Johnson wanted.

Bingo.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Not at all.  And I'm not dying.  The Jets ran with a uniform concept I really like.  That's winning.  I'm not the one that's going to be filled with disappointment and regret every time I see the new uniforms on the field for the next 30 years.

And remember, I'm the guy who was all "waaaa, waaaa, I want a white helmet!" remember?  I've learned to be open minded and adapt.  They can too.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not at all.  And I'm not dying.  The Jets ran with a uniform concept I really like.  That's winning.  I'm not the one that's going to be filled with disappointment and regret every time I see the new uniforms on the field for the next 30 years.

And remember, I'm the guy who was all "waaaa, waaaa, I want a white helmet!" remember?  I've learned to be open minded and adapt.  They can too.

SAR I

You seem to be making it your personal crusade to chide everyone who criticizes the new uniforms and logo; and are making false arguments to do so. To me, that bespeaks someone who's deeply insecure and gets personally offended about opinions differing from their own.

So, please continue.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

In the packaging and branding process you always have selfish designers looking to build a portfolio with someone else's money instead of executing what their masters pay them for.  The Jets, to their credit, appreciate their heritage and wanted to keep the same wordmark and football icon.  Everything else about the uniform is completely new; the logo is comforting and AFL-respectful.

SAR I 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Look at how the intellectually insecure manifest their ignorance through the majesty of dance. It's like the plot of Footloose taking place on Opposite Day.

You probably can’t jump, and you probably clap when you dance. Nonetheless, this is an excellent lol post. 

Also, let me remind people that even if the Jets had the most badass, dopest, and soul-inspiringly unique uniforms these past 8 years, they still would've been just as nauseating to watch.

Players on the field > what they wear.

They could wear neon pink uniforms plastered with raging, veiny dildos for all I care, as long as they were playing perennial playoff football.