Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

44 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Thought they were more of a charcoal grey myself!

Ecactly!!!! I just saw the vid, finally some actual progression. The Helmets were clearly Grey/gun metal/ charcoal/

NOT WHITE!!!

Did you guys not watch the vid??? I would screen shot it if i wasn't technically challenged. 

SO not it seems everyone who said grey not black would be the color was right!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ecactly!!!! I just saw the vid, finally some actual progression. The Helmets were clearly Grey/gun metal/ charcoal/

NOT WHITE!!!

Did you guys not watch the vid??? I would screen shot it if i wasn't technically challenged. 

I would think the same but only time will tell.  At one point in that video they showed someone screwing a snap stud onto what I would assume a grey finished helmet.  Why the hell would you put hardware on before you paint?

Don't think this new video left any clues.  They obviously make helmets for many teams from all levels so you can't assume they were only working on Jet helmets. And i don't think you get matte helmets by buffing them matte.  That's how you prep them for a re-paint.   That last scene only showed the current helmet with the current logo removed.  Simply indicating something new is coming.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ecactly!!!! I just saw the vid, finally some actual progression. The Helmets were clearly Grey/gun metal/ charcoal/ NOT WHITE!!!

Did you not read the comments below the vid? The gray helmets shown in the video arw children's helmets, you can tell by the padding inside of them.

This video is actually the biggest confirmation of what I said it was; the standard Riddell reconditioning of our WHITE helmets. There is no reason to send back last year's injection molded WHITE helmets if we are changing to another color. 

I am thrilled.  Thank you Chris Johnson.  WHITE helmets are our tradition and shall remain .

SAR I

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Don't think this new video left any clues.  They obviously make helmets for many teams from all levels so you can't assume they were only working on Jet helmets. And i don't think you get matte helmets by buffing them matte.  That's how you prep them for a re-paint.   That last scene only showed the current helmet with the current logo removed.  Simply indicating something new is coming.

The clue is in the editing. The sequence signposts very clearly the white helmets heading into the ‘paint’ area, the next shot is a cutaway, semmingky randomly, of a batch of charcoal grey helmets....make of that what you will but professional VT editors don’t chuck those shots in at random, especially not in well produced ‘teaser’.

my god I can;t believe i’m actually forensically dissecting the meaning and nuance of this. Can we just fast-forward to the reveal already!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

The clue is in the editing. The sequence signposts very clearly the white helmets heading into the ‘paint’ area, the next shot is a cutaway, semmingky randomly, of a batch of charcoal grey helmets....make of that what you will but professional VT editors don’t chuck those shots in at random, especially not in well produced ‘teaser’.

my god I can;t believe i’m actually forensically dissecting the meaning and nuance of this. Can we just fast-forward to the reveal already!

I did see that they showed the helmets on the belt about to be painted indicating that they won't simply swap in a new decal on our current white helmets.  It was mentioned that the gray helmets they showed were kid's helmets.  Just filling space in the video or a hint?  Who knows.  I just don't believe the organization is spending that much time trying to drop hints or misdirect us into thinking what the uni's will be.

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I did see that they showed the helmets on the belt about to be painted indicating that they won't simply swap in a new decal on our current white helmets.  It was mentioned that the gray helmets they showed were kid's helmets.  Just filling space in the video or a hint?  Who knows.  I just don't believe the organization is spending that much time trying to drop hints or misdirect us into thinking what the uni's will be.

That would be an extremely random shot to just throw in at that point for it to be ‘filling space’ which you don’t really do anyway.

Again this is a team sanctioned teaser that will have been signed off by a producer or head of media output who either did the edit themselves or was sat in during the process. None of those shots happened by accident especially considering this is such a high profile rebranding and extremely important moment in the franchises history, and the placing of the charcoal colour helmets at that point in the sequence is interesting to say the least. If I had to guess it’s subtle signposting in an attempt to soften up everyone before the big unveil, and of course the continued teasing just keeps ramping up the interest, hence 100 page threads on uniform changes.

Then again, maybe someone is just trolling the sh!t out of us!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Did you not read the comments below the vid? The gray helmets shown in the video arw children's helmets, you can tell by the padding inside of them.

This video is actually the biggest confirmation of what I said it was; the standard Riddell reconditioning of our WHITE helmets. There is no reason to send back last year's injection molded WHITE helmets if we are changing to another color. 

I am thrilled.  Thank you Chris Johnson.  WHITE helmets are our tradition and shall remain .

SAR I

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

It's taken 100 pages, but I'm finally going to make a prediction about the helmets and the uniforms.

This is the second video we've seen regarding this, both from the Jets. In the first, the white helmets were being shipped off to the factory. Now, in the second we see them heading to the paint area. Then we get that "snippet" which I saw the first time, and now agree with @redlichtie about.

Sorry, @SAR I, I like the white helmets too (and the all white unis), but I think you're in for a disappointment. I now think we're going with a new color on the helmets, if I had to guess, I'd go with a matte grey, which leads to some type of grey/green uniform combo. I like our old ones, wish we weren't changing, but this new grey and green thing might work out....

BTW joelene willy hasn't posted in this thread for about 5 hours. What could be going on? Its not like him to miss a page...

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW joelene willy hasn't posted in this thread for about 5 hours. What could be going on? Its not like him to miss a page...

Looking for cool new pics to post, it takes a  lot of work and time to be so relevant. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jetsons said:

in your opinion, I see a Significant difference & It's MUCH BETTER... jmo.

Theyre two shots of our current helmet with the color changed from white to a flat black.

One is just a better rendering, a little different green.  There is nothing significantly different going on anywhere 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

It's taken 100 pages, but I'm finally going to make a prediction about the helmets and the uniforms.

This is the second video we've seen regarding this, both from the Jets. In the first, the white helmets were being shipped off to the factory. Now, in the second we see them heading to the paint area. Then we get that "snippet" which I saw the first time, and now agree with @redlichtie about.

Sorry, @SAR I, I like the white helmets too (and the all white unis), but I think you're in for a disappointment. I now think we're going with a new color on the helmets, if I had to guess, I'd go with a matte grey, which leads to some type of grey/green uniform combo. I like our old ones, wish we weren't changing, but this new grey and green thing might work out....

You keep missing the only clue in all of these helmet videos- instead of throwing them away or donating them to charity, the Jets are sending them back to Riddell.

If the Jets were changing the color of the helmets, they would be getting brand new helmets.  They aren't expensive.  It's not worth the trouble of stripping out all the safety features to re-paint them, that defeats the purpose of safety anyway, might as well get brand new helmets that don't have a year of use on them.

If the Jets were keeping the same color of the helmets, they'd do what they do each year which is to strip them of accessories (shown in video), tag them by player name (shown in video), ship them back to Riddell (shown in video), and have them reconditioned.  This is the safest way for the players, they get to keep their existing headgear, they get new accessories and decals, done.  It's the standard Riddell reconditioning program.  The Jets are participating.  Means they aren't changing the helmets or the color.

I think grey helmets would be cool, I like the way they look.  But it's not what the evidence is telling us.  The helmets are staying white because the Jets sent the helmets back to Riddell for reconditioning, simple as that.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1