Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Will MetLife be getting a makeover as well?  New turf? A roof? New LED lights?

New State? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

All the reports say that they stayed "classic" and the old timers will be happy.

and then a player who has seen (and perhaps worn) the new uni says it looks like the Seahawks'.  Classic?  I doubt it.

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If they look anything like the Seahawks jerseys, then the Jets have made yet another awful mistake.  The player who spoke to my friend did not like the new unis. End of story.  The new uni's will most likely be atrocious.  And for those of us who really like the currrent jerseys, we get a big F--K Y-U from our NY Jets.  

Glad I bought a Darnold Jersey with the 2018 uni.  I'll probably get a 2018 white one as well because I'm not buying anything that looks like the Seahawks garbage.

There will be players who hate it but also players who think it's "dope".  Players are no different than fans.  The Jets won't be able to please everyone.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when you demanded nude photos of @T0mShane

In fairness to @joewilly12, he agreed to take me to arbitration for the nudes and I no longer have to do them “Hustler-style.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Seriously?

Talk is cheap and so are false accusations to try and be cool. 

@T0mShane and I joke back and forth, at least i'm joking anyway. 

• Thumb Down 2

I have total confidence that Chris Johnson and some Nike millennials will nail this 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No please show me where I demanded anything from @T0mShane

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Seriously?

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Talk is cheap and so are false accusations to try and be cool. 

As always, joewilliy... the life of the party with a terrific sense of humor.  Cheers!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

122 pages....really

122....and counting.

Don't leave off the and counting part, that's vital.

150 before they're unveiled is a legit possibility.

500 pages by seasons start is also a real likelihood, presuming they don't start a new thread for the unveiling (they shouldn't, let this thread groooooow!).

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

As always, joewilliy... the life of the party with a terrific sense of humor.  Cheers!  

Yes sir just like the buttfumble self you are. 

Don't appreciate the false accusations. 

Keep it real. 

Better yet. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Dcat

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

and then a player who has seen (and perhaps worn) the new uni says it looks like the Seahawks'.  Classic?  I doubt it.

As with anything involving the NY Jets, always best to follow a strict policy of hoping for the best while expecting the worst.  

Lowered expectations lead to sometimes being pleasantly surprised...  

As for your feedback, Seahawk-esque uniforms can mean a lot of different things from design, to color use, etc.  Not knowing what he is specifically responding to might translate into not being a complete disaster.  We shall see.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

122....and counting.

Don't leave off the and counting part, that's vital.

150 before they're unveiled is a legit possibility.

500 pages by seasons start is also a real likelihood, presuming they don't start a new thread for the unveiling (they shouldn't, let this thread groooooow!).

I will merge any new thread for your amusement  my liege!

• Like 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes sir just like the buttfumble self you are. 

Don't appreciate at the false accusations. 

Keep it real. 

eh...  they were just playing with you.  You're as sensitive as a middle aged woman going through her changes.  For you to take any of those seriously just shows how insecure you really are.  It's actually kind of funny in addition to pathetic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

eh...  they were just playing with you.  You're as sensitive as a middle aged woman going through her changes.  For you to take any of those seriously just shows how insecure you really are.  It's actually kind of funny in addition to pathetic.

Pathetic is you. 

Funny not so much. 

Dealing with a middle aged woman going through her changes, are you. 

Sucks to be you. 

Get a life. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

haha.  My friend was AT the Jets function and the resemblance of the new uni's to the Seahawks current uni's was stated by a current Jets player who also indicated that he didn't particularly care for the new look.  If you don't believe me, then fine.  But it is true and it's not a good sign.

Not doubting you, but it's also possible that the player was f***ing with your friend.

1 minute ago, MykePM said:

Not doubting you, but it's also possible that the player was f***ing with your friend.

One can only hope.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It would be interesting.

The older crowd would hate it, but a large number of the newer fans around the NFL fanbases LOVE the Seahawks new uniforms and consider them the "gold standard" of what updated Uniforms should look like.

I wouldnt say I "love" the Seahawks uniforms but I do like them. From the leaks it sounds like we get a green and white that is pretty conservative in change, a black one with green letters, and then probably a couple more out there ones with probably blue grey and possibly blue or gold. I think people forget there are like 4 uniforms for each team, so one report saying conservative somewhat like Philly and another saying out there like Seattle does not necessarily conflict. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

If they look anything like the Seahawks jerseys, then the Jets have made yet another awful mistake.  The player who spoke to my friend did not like the new unis. End of story.  The new uni's will most likely be atrocious.  And for those of us who really like the currrent jerseys, we get a big F--K Y-U from our NY Jets.  

Glad I bought a Darnold Jersey with the 2018 uni.  I'll probably get a 2018 white one as well because I'm not buying anything that looks like the Seahawks garbage.

He saw ONE version it seems, likely an alt only used once or twice a year, while others have seen a very conservative traditional version

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I wouldnt say I "love" the Seahawks uniforms but I do like them. From the leaks it sounds like we get a green and white that is pretty conservative in change, a black one with green letters, and then probably a couple more out there ones with probably blue grey and possibly blue or gold. I think people forget there are like 4 uniforms for each team, so one report saying conservative somewhat like Philly and another saying out there like Seattle does not necessarily conflict. 

You're just not letting the blue go, are you?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This team is amazing. The one thing most of us agreed on was liking our uniforms. So what do they do? Change them.

Now who knows, they might come out great, but why would you change the one thing about you everyone likes?

Um, no. Our logo is really bad and the uni's are meh. I wouldn't rule out black as a dominant color - it goes really well with a brighter green, gray not so much. 

6 hours ago, y2k8 said:

As with anything involving the NY Jets, always best to follow a strict policy of hoping for the best while expecting the worst.  

Lowered expectations lead to sometimes being pleasantly surprised...  

As for your feedback, Seahawk-esque uniforms can mean a lot of different things from design, to color use, etc.  Not knowing what he is specifically responding to might translate into not being a complete disaster.  We shall see.

Exactly - more often than not it is such a personal identification of something that many people would never see.

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

haha.  My friend was AT the Jets function and the resemblance of the new uni's to the Seahawks current uni's was stated by a current Jets player who also indicated that he didn't particularly care for the new look.  If you don't believe me, then fine.  But it is true and it's not a good sign.

Have to say I don't believe anyone who has a friend of a friend who has seen the uniform.  We've had a few here and on Twitter.  All the reports of what they look like are completely different.  Great we'll love them, simple and an upgrade, similar and what they look likenow and this out of nowhere they look like the Seahawks uniform.  Ok

I'll wait a few more weeks and make up my mind, not get on here and tell everyone they'll be bad sight unseen. FM

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Who was this player?  Is here a past winner Project Runway?  Who cares what he thinks, does that mean you can't like the unis?  Hard to imagine but not everyone, every player liked the switch to these uniforms.  Just saying they still could be great. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You're just not letting the blue go, are you?

Im like 40% confident on blue but like 80% on a blueish grey.

By the way for those who arent aware
1963 1st uniform change 3 winning seasons 2 division titles super bowl
1978 ny sack exchange afc title game appearance 5 playoff berths
1998 2 division titles, 7 playoff berths 3 afc championship game appearances.

Good things happen when we change uniforms

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It would be interesting.

The older crowd would hate it, but a large number of the newer fans around the NFL fanbases LOVE the Seahawks new uniforms and consider them the "gold standard" of what updated Uniforms should look like.

older crowd here.  But not yet at "Get off my lawn!" state.

• Upvote 1