Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

12 hours ago, DLJ said:

You should’ve just kept your fingers to yourself. There is zero point in announcing you know sh*t if you don’t intend on sharing. Just admit you wanted some attention

"Words of wisdom Lloyd- words of wisdom".

On 3/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, Ghost420 said:

Spending money on tickets makes you a real fan? 

Definitely. 

You think a guy eating pretzels in his mom’s basement can be a bigger fan than one who spends $5,000 a year on tickets and spends 8 hours every Sunday going to/from games?

Please.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

You think a guy eating pretzels in his mom’s basement can be a bigger fan than one who spends $5,000 a year on tickets and spends 8 hours every Sunday going to/from games?

Please.

SAR I

depends..... are we talking about hot pretzels-vendor style? or simply a bag of Heers?

This is what happens when season ticket holders sell tickets to opposing teams fans. 

I would eat them or burn them in the fire pit like I have done in years past when Jets fans couldn't attend. 

The green in the Vikings game pic looks very Kelly green so maybe the NY Jets have been changing the color and we haven't even noticed. 

Image result for opposing teams fans at metlife jets game pics

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is what happens when season ticket holders sell tickets to opposing teams fans. 

I would eat them or burn them in the fire pit like I have done in years past when Jets fans couldn't attend. 

The green in the Vikings game pic looks very Kelly green so maybe the NY Jets have been changing the color and we haven't even noticed. 

No, its what happens at every stadium in the entire NFL.

Happens less here than other places because the stadium is just about sold out before every game.  Stop with this fake news

• Post of the Week 1

As of February 2019 each team receives $255 million annually from the league's television contracts, up 150% from $99.9 million in 2010. Under the current television contracts, which began during the 2014 season, regular season games are broadcast on five networks: CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, and the NFL Network.

$255 million > Jets Ticket Sales

Please!

playtowinthegame 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

Please.

SAR I

So it's impossible to be a hardcore Jet fan without having a lot of money?  I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan btw. But the idea that every STH is a better fan than those who aren't is a very big stretch IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So it's impossible to be a hardcore Jet fan without having a lot of money?  I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan btw. But the idea that every STH is a better fan than those who aren't is a very big stretch IMO.

Each NFL team's revenue comes from broadcast rights, ticket sales, merchandising and licensing rights. Ticket sales are little more than a rounding error on a typical NFL team’s balance sheet. It’s TV that drives the train. Over 90 percent of self-described NFL fans have never attended a game. According to SAR only 10 percent of all NFL fans are "real" fans. That's about as false a stematenent one could make. Bottom line @SAR I is wrong, and should check himself before alienating the majority of Jets fans with his ridiculous blanket statements regarding who is a "real" Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Happens less here than other places because the stadium is just about sold out before every game.  Stop with this fake news

The stadium might be almost sold out you are correct, but a percentage of the fans are opposing teams fans.  

Real news. See pics in previous post. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The stadium might be sold out you are correct, but a percentage of the fans are opposing teams fans.  Real news. See pics in previous post. 

One more time.  Happens everywhere.  The idea that other teams fans dont sell the same general percentage of seats is fake news.  Big deal, someone couldnt make the game and sold tickets.  In your mind they should have been given away to a Jet fan or a questionnaire handed out to prove that whoever is buying tickets is a Jets fan.  When I want to sell my tickets, I sell them.  So does any other fan.  

Anywhere

BTW, a picture of a handful of 6 or so Texan fans in a stadium that seats over 80,000 isnt a problem to anyone

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Iconic - yes. It was on the field in Super Bowl III

iconic adjective

Definition of iconic

widely recognized and well-established  -an iconic brand name

Lol, Jets Fans can be so tunnel vision its just is funny to me.

The only people that uniform and logo are "iconic" to are Jets Fans.  No one outside of that small group could give two poops tbqh.

To be Iconic, you have to be great.  Sure, winning SBIII before 95% of this forum's users were born was cool, but it was a flash in the pan......50 years ago now.

I have no idea if I'll like the new unis/logo, probably not, but I will not weep for the sad nostalgia trip of the 2000's rehash of one moment of brief passing glory in 1969/1970.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, Jets Fans can be so tunnel vision its just is funny to me.

The only people that uniform and logo are "iconic" to are Jets Fans.  No one outside of that small group could give two poops tbqh.

To be Iconic, you have to be great.  Sure, winning SBIII before 95% of this forum's users were born was cool, but it was a flash in the pan......50 years ago now.

I have no idea if I'll like the new unis/logo, probably not, but I will not weep for the sad nostalgia trip of the 2000's rehash of one moment of brief passing glory in 1969/1970.

I'd say, going by the definition you posted theyre iconic.

Every football fan knows the look, theyre instantly recognizable.  Theyre completely wells established as the Jets look.  

Nothing about the definition says you have to be great.  Or that one of the most important and influential wins in the leagues history has to have happened recently.  GBs uniform wasnt more iconic post Favre compared to having won before Namath did