Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190323-112101-01.thumb.jpeg.7ff4e9e19b0440264fba447b7f03422c.jpeg

Cool new concept mock up found on Reddit of the black primary.  I like this one.  This was made with what we've heard in mind.

This may be the first "Concept" that looks like it really could be real.

Great work by whomever put it together, takes alot of the supposed leaks, puts it together in a  professional looking package.  

Don't think this is what we get, but a ? for it nonethe less.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This has happened in NY football, NY sports, when exactly?

Outside of the Giants and Rangers, ticket sales have gone down for other NY teams.

It hasn't led to ownership always doing a better job, but in some cases it has.

Which is why I said "maybe" in the orginal post.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

No.  And it's not about the money either.

What I am saying is that a) those who attend 6+ games a year at 8 hours a pop are bigger/better fans than those who b) won't even spend $25 to see the Darnold Jets vs. the Vikings on a gorgeous October Sunday after a two-game winning streak against the Colts and Broncos.

No Jets fan can consider themselves "hardcore" and not make a single effort or two a season to see the team play at this ridiculous prices. 

SAR I

In fairness mate, and with respect, that was my only Jets game last year, so I remember it well and it was about as far removed from a "gorgeous October Sunday" as you can get.

It was freezing, icy cold, the wind was blowing mad and when I got back to Port Authority after I couldn't stop shivering I was that cold. Even the JetNation hit dogs couldn't survive the wind, the poor mites!

Not wanting the get involved with anything else argument wise, not my bag, but it was crazy cold that day. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Proof you weren't at the Vikings game. 

It was far from a gorgeous day. 

Ask anyone who attended, you were home on the sofa eating caviar. 

ed95cd6a-3a45-4696-8bb6-b4a6dca2eeb8-102

50 degrees, partly sunny, I have 4 Hulk bobbleheads in the garage.

Keep me on ignore.  It was better for everyone that way.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Also, no one has mentioned it yet, has to do with how the team is playing.  During Rex's first 2 seasons for example, Jet tickets were in demand by Jet fans and weren't on the market like they are in the middle of 3 seasons of 5 win talent.  Those seasons you saw a hell of a lot fewer opposing teams fans at home games than when the team sucks.  

The important thing is that when we're good again, like this year perhaps, I've kept track of the posters who haven't gone to games and who have complained endlessly about those of us who do go to games and their past isn't going away.  If they dare get season tickets or start posting like "I've been here the whole time!" they are going to feel the wrath of the diehard fans.

Bandwagoning has its price.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Still a ridiculous point.  What if there's a teenager who lives and dies with the team but whose family doesn't have the means for them to go?  Again, I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan.  If you expend that much time/effort/money into being at games then clearly you care a lot.  

There is no such thing as "means" when a ticket to a Jets game costs less than a ticket to a movie or a pizza.  There were $10 tickets on Stubhub at one point.  If season ticket holders can go see Geno Smith for $125, a local NYJ fan can certainly spend $10.  Or they aren't as diehard as they claim incessantly on social media. 

No season ticket holder is looking for a pat on the back, it's our choice to spend the money and go.  But don't a) put down season ticket holders from your couch or b) act like you are just as big a fan.  They aren't. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Stop spending money on the team and maybe ownership will realize they need to do a better job.

How any Jets fan can feel this way when our 2 year rebuilding plan is going so swimmingly and is actually way ahead of schedule is astounding.

SAR I

1 hour ago, morny said:

In fairness mate, and with respect, that was my only Jets game last year, so I remember it well and it was about as far removed from a "gorgeous October Sunday" as you can get.

It was freezing, icy cold, the wind was blowing mad and when I got back to Port Authority after I couldn't stop shivering I was that cold. Even the JetNation hit dogs couldn't survive the wind, the poor mites!

Not wanting the get involved with anything else argument wise, not my bag, but it was crazy cold that day. 

In fairness, youre obviously not a person who goes to a lot of games if you think that was a "freezing, icy cold day, wind blowing mad".  LOL, its football weather, not a hot, hazy baseball kind of day.

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no such thing as "means" when a ticket to a Jets game costs less than a ticket to a movie or a pizza.  There were $10 tickets on Stubhub at one point.  If season ticket holders can go see Geno Smith for $125, a local NYJ fan can certainly spend $10.  Or they aren't as diehard as they claim incessantly on social media. 

No season ticket holder is looking for a pat on the back, it's our choice to spend the money and go.  But don't a) put down season ticket holders from your couch or b) act like you are just as big a fan.  They aren't. 

SAR I

Except you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Outside of the Giants and Rangers, ticket sales have gone down for other NY teams.

It hasn't led to ownership always doing a better job, but in some cases it has.

Which is why I said "maybe" in the orginal post.

Jets ticket sales havent gone down compared to the Giants have they?  The Jets outdrew the Giants last year, pretty sure the year before.  Can't believe the Knicks have fluctuated much the last whatever lousy season.  Think the only teams where historically attendance does drop off is baseball when the teams arent good and with the secondary teams like Devils, Islanders and Nets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets ticket sales havent gone down compared to the Giants have they?  The Jets outdrew the Giants last year, pretty sure the year before.  Can't believe the Knicks have fluctuated much the last whatever lousy season.  Think the only teams where historically attendance does drop off is baseball when the teams arent good and with the secondary teams like Devils, Islanders and Nets.

Maybe not recently, now that you can get $10 tickets on stubhub, but historically attendance has gone down when NY teams have been bad. The Giants and Rangers fans have been more faithful than the other NY teams through lean years historically.

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Maybe not recently, now that you can get $10 tickets on stubhub, but historically attendance has gone down when NY teams have been bad. The Giants and Rangers fans have been more faithful than the other NY teams through lean years historically.

Giants attendance records have always been just about the same as the Jets, thats just not true. 

Rangers and Knicks are rock solid.  Its a HUGE advantage being a winter sport, held indoors in the business capital of the world

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Giants attendance records have always been just about the same as the Jets, thats just not true. 

Ok, but the Giants have had lean years before the Jets were in existence.

When comparing all NY sports teams throughout their history, Giants and Ranges fans have been the most faithful.

Obviously some of those comparisons are being made to the other teams who were around during times when the Jets were not.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In fairness, youre obviously not a person who goes to a lot of games if you think that was a "freezing, icy cold day, wind blowing mad".  LOL, its football weather, not a hot, hazy baseball kind of day.

Fair enough - I don't go to a lot of games, but I do go to a lot of soccer games, in the freezing cold and snow, so I'm not adverse to going to sporting events in the cold. 

If I recall correctly, most of the people at the tailgate were relatively local and felt that the weather was extremely bad. But again, and in all fairness mate, I don't routinely go so I can't comment much. 

2 minutes ago, morny said:

Fair enough - I don't go to a lot of games, but I do go to a lot of soccer games, in the freezing cold and snow, so I'm not adverse to going to sporting events in the cold. 

If I recall correctly, most of the people at the tailgate were relatively local and felt that the weather was extremely bad. But again, and in all fairness mate, I don't routinely go so I can't comment much. 

image.png.1624ed229aadfa0d8de0026257a37f73.png

image.png.91ad8d6c774855b9c0854253912ba94f.png

13 minutes ago, morny said:

Quite all right I get that it wasn't one of those Indian Summer Oct days but I also wasn't one of those 0 degree ice cold December days.  All good

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.1624ed229aadfa0d8de0026257a37f73.png

image.png.91ad8d6c774855b9c0854253912ba94f.png

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adverse

adverse

adjective
ad·verse | \ ad-ˈvərs , ˈad-ˌvərs-\

Definition of adverse

1 : acting against or in a contrary direction : hostile hindered by adverse winds
2a : opposed to one's interests an adverse verdict heard testimony adverse to their position especially : unfavorable adverse criticism
b : causing harm : harmful adverse drug effects
3 archaic : opposite in position

Just now, jetsons said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adverse

adverse

adjective
ad·verse | \ ad-ˈvərs , ˈad-ˌvərs-\

Definition of adverse

1 : acting against or in a contrary direction : hostile hindered by adverse winds
2a : opposed to one's interests an adverse verdict heard testimony adverse to their position especially : unfavorable adverse criticism
b : causing harm : harmful adverse drug effects
3 archaic : opposite in position

Yes, I know but "averse" was still the proper word for what he was trying to say.

The above black and green is not cool. It's' childish. And it won't' happen anyway. The league is turning away from its black/gothic era. NY sports teams, aside from Nets, don't do black anyway.

I am very interested  to see what happens though. I liked the Jets unusual  60s design. I really didn' want to see it go.

But the 80s helmet, I like looking at on trading cards.

1 hour ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Am I allowed to be a die hard Jets fan if I don't live close enough to go the games?  Or am I also a second class fan in your mind?

When I lived in the area I have season tix forever.  Big deal.  

I now don't miss a game and follow the team religiously.  If you're a fan...you're a fan.  

It depends on what kind of pretzels you eat during the game.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

ed95cd6a-3a45-4696-8bb6-b4a6dca2eeb8-102

50 degrees, partly sunny, I have 4 Hulk bobbleheads in the garage.

Keep me on ignore.  It was better for everyone that way.

SAR I

Image result for liar liar pants on fire

@The Crusher I hate like heck to do this to you but how cold and windy was it at the Vikings game. 

My tailgate party of about 50 with 5 grills going had food Blowing off the grill and we couldn't even put up the tents. 

You have no clue and weren't at that game. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

Could we just re ban SAR1 and get this thread back on track? Even ignoring his posts is ruining this thread will all his elitist doochenozzle crap and the posters who take the bait  every time. Make a "time out" forum  and stick  them there until they can contribute 

Getting new uniforms us rare and unique yet trolling and pettiness have to ruin every thread 

• Upvote 2