Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, being your name is Butterfield I did chuckle.

But let’s not attack one another. If this discussion of colors and haberdashery proves to provoke your emotional vigor then go relax and talk football instead. Thanks. 

This is advice to all. 

It wasn’t an attack, just stating the honest truth.  

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You can always go classic, a nice Mitchell and Ness - Would you go Darnold or another Jets player, past or presented?

#1, I don’t do jerseys...too itchy and just not me, so most likely just several nice ladies T-shirts and probably a jacket and some jewelry- if it’s nice. 

We (Trojans) don’t wear names on the back of our jerseys anyway,  because “the name on the front is greater than the name on the back”, so in respect for that, don’t think I’ll buy the T with Sam’s name. 

15 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

#1, I don’t do jerseys...too itchy and just not me, so most likely just several nice ladies T-shirts and probably a jacket and some jewelry- if it’s nice. 

We (Trojans) don’t wear names on the back of our jerseys anyway,  because “the name on the front is greater than the name on the back”, so in respect for that, don’t think I’ll buy the T with Sam’s name. 

(cough) Not a real fan (cough)

/s

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No way man I have bought the knock off before and at the time I felt smarter. I Mean I had my teams jersey for game day and could afford it for about the cost of a couple pitchers of beer. It was cool. But overtime I realized damn these suck. Haha they looked like sh*t. If they are made in the same building, it's down the hall on the sh*tter. I bought my very first aunthentic jersey right from the team store last season. It is ******* amazing, unbelievably better. I got Namath because yeah he is the man.

Im telling you right now if you are thinking knockoff to save a couple bucks or you have only had knock offs and don't know what you are missing, just do yourself a favor and save up right now. Yeah pre draft, save your money . When someone reminds you how stupid spendng 100 plus buck on a jersey is, tell them to go tom Brady off and get the hell out of there.

Authentic is awesome, something about thicker material, I don't hate on the knock offs like I said that was me for years, but I highly encourage you to move on up and get the real deal this year, as I remember there was like 3 diff types and the one I got only came in 1 version, for like 100 bucks. I will be getting one for the new Jersey when they come out. Only choice is since I have convinced my self to buy an active player (this is ******* stupid by the way, what if this season they get cut traded, hurt whatever ..think all those bell oitt jerseys...haha what do those guys do-anyway I'm going to probably get darnold) but I'll get the black version. 

Spend the money.

Agree I have both real and knock off all brands Reebok,Nike,Champion and Mitchell & Ness nothing like the real deal. 

My authentic are players that were legends here Namath,Chrebet,Byrd,Revis still looking for a Boozer and my not so much legends here Pennington.

Knock offs way too many to  list and when I bag them up and deliver them to Goodwill who cares. 

With that being said does it really matter what fans choose to buy, does it make them less of a fan because of the jersey they buy. 

Knock offs are the beater jerseys that you spill stuff on that you get dirty setting up a tailgate, eating ribs you get my point. 

The fact they we are discussing someones personal choice in jerseys does it really matter, after all we are NY Jets fans when the smoke clears. 

34 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I understand that, but in the NFL the players are has big a part of your Teams History as the name its self. So its a little different.

Actually my wife as some nice Jets T's but she also does not have a Jersey. My Self I have a Joe Klecko jersey.

Now your a Jets fan he's a player you defo need to know about.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I understand that, but in the NFL the players are has big a part of your Teams History as the name its self. So its a little different.

Actually my wife as some nice Jets T's but she also does not have a Jersey. My Self I have a Joe Klecko jersey.

I've been saying this for years!!! 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Thanks for sharing that, I've never seen it. We all know it's a travesty that he's not in; the backing he has from Long, Myers, and most importantly, a voice like King, makes it even more blatant a snub. Clearly there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to, hopefully it gets sussed out soon. Klecko (and Winston Hill), revolutionized their respective positions ala LT, therefore they need to be in the HoF.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The NFL Hall of Fame is an absolute sham. All the voters care about is Super Bowl rings, which is why you now have some yahoos talking about putting Julian Edelman in there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I also prefer TV for games.  I live in NY and I pretty much never go to games.  It's a huge PITY to get back and forth to the stadium, it's cold, and it's also harder to follow along with the action.  Also, I don't really want to give our owners (who, quite frankly, I dislike) any money.  Some (many?) may disagree here but I don't think it makes me any less of a fan.  Honestly, who cares.

Absolutely. I have absolutely zero fu*king obligation to give any of my hard earned money over to the owners of this team. ZERO. And not for nothing, if the stadium they built wasnt such a sad POS, I might be more inclined to deal with the 3 hour each way trip. But they did build a POS stadium that has exactly nothing about it to entice me to go. So therefore, I am beyond happy to put my money into the best TV available and spend my sundays in front of it while sitting on my recliner. 

ADDITIONALLY, while I'm sitting in front of my TV on Sundays, I'll be smiling at the thought of the person who is sitting in their PSL seat while posting on a message board about what they supposedly spent on that seat in order to make themself feel better about the fact that, after X number of years married, they've still never been able to please their wife. Such a sad existence yet so gratifying for the rest of us ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I agree with you 100% B)

Ecstasy_Ribbed_10ct_Front.png?h=540&la=e

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think you misunderstand...our players are honored at USC, they are considered heroes!  Our football history and tradition is proudly displayed all over campus, and Heritage Hall with their names, numbers and imagines.  

When our players run out on the field in the Coliseum, they see images of former greats on both sides of the tunnel.  There is also a Wall Of Legends honoring the All Americans that played at USC.  But numbers are important, several numbers are honored because of the great and legendary player that wore them, and considered an honor to wear and make their own.  #55 the greatest honor.

Thank you for the video, I’ll make sure to learn more about the Jets, if you can recommend more, I’d love it!

13 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I’m thinking the thread should go back on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. 100% this is been a good thread that has been locked before let's keep it on topic and none of the personal attacks.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Concept uni JETS

Let's get back to talking fashion and trying to keep "real fandom," cars, and penises out of it. 

Thanks!

That uniform is trash. But how much do you think Jets brass considered the slant lines like above...

Actually damn I bet there is going to be those lines someone like that. Haha I hate Macc

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That uniform is trash. But how much do you think Jets brass considered the slant lines like above...

Actually damn I bet there is going to be those lines someone like that. Haha I hate Macc

There's no chance that the uniform. I just picked the stupidest picture I could find that I didn't remember being posted in here to re-open the thread. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I don't do jerseys (anymore) for active players because I am the KOD with them. Pennington, Kris Jenkins, Dennis Byrd (RIP), I buy the jersey, the player has something bad happen to them. I'm afraid to buy a #14.... plus Florida is freaking hot. A nice T shirt is the way to go.

As for the second part, lol. 

20190324_154120.thumb.jpg.a49472147e8068ea0a770497b8380801.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't do jerseys (anymore) for active players because I am the KOD with them. Pennington, Kris Jenkins, Dennis Byrd (RIP), I buy the jersey, the player has something bad happen to them. I'm afraid to buy a #14.... plus Florida is freaking hot. A nice T shirt is the way to go.

As for the second part, lol. 

20190324_154120.thumb.jpg.a49472147e8068ea0a770497b8380801.jpg 

One of the best things about the no name on the back of a jersey, is that it can be recycled for another player. ?

Of course, there is the retired numbers for the Heisman Trophy winners that there is no question who the player is...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

One of the best things about the no name on the back of a jersey, is that it can be recycled for another player. ?

Of course, there is the retired numbers for the Heisman Trophy winners that there is no question who the player is...

My Jersey says Savage69 it's always current,plus i'm easy to find at tailgates ..:beer:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Absolutely. I have absolutely zero fu*king obligation to give any of my hard earned money over to the owners of this team. ZERO. And not for nothing, if the stadium they built wasnt such a sad POS, I might be more inclined to deal with the 3 hour each way trip. But they did build a POS stadium that has exactly nothing about it to entice me to go. So therefore, I am beyond happy to put my money into the best TV available and spend my sundays in front of it while sitting on my recliner. 

ADDITIONALLY, while I'm sitting in front of my TV on Sundays, I'll be smiling at the thought of the person who is sitting in their PSL seat while posting on a message board about what they supposedly spent on that seat in order to make themself feel better about the fact that, after X number of years married, they've still never been able to please their wife. Such a sad existence yet so gratifying for the rest of us ?

Nothing says real fan like the stadium entices me to go to games.  Especially when inside the stadium is as good as any other, better than most. :)

21 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

My Jersey says Savage69 it's always current,plus i'm easy to find at tailgates ..:beer:

No offense, to each their own, but I sit in the stadium and never get the fans with their names on the back of their jerseys.  Just never got that.  I know my name and thought the whole idea was to celebrate a player youre a fan of.