Jump to content

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tennessee Titans.

FACTS/// and most Tennessee people loved them at the release, which I thought was laughable, but now most people seem to be mixed on them 

I think they really messed up with the numbers and not getting rid of the "flaming thumbtack" logo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new avatar. It should help you identify who I am, plus I think it's really modern and badass.

Helmets are white, just like SAR said. 

I was going to ban you for daring us, but instead I will just ask you to walk away. Also, @SAR I - stop reporting posts. You can try to play innocent all you want but you provoke people and at so

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

Jeez SAR this is what you’ve managed to turn this massive unforsaken thread into lol? A game of “I know something you don’t know.”🤣

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stark said:

FACTS/// and most Tennessee people loved them at the release, which I thought was laughable, but now most people seem to be mixed on them 

I think they really messed up with the numbers and not getting rid of the "flaming thumbtack" logo. 

 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Disagree, they look great on the field. They have one pretty terrible design element but are generally pretty good in motion. 

I just hate those dark blue helmets tbh.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Tennessee Titans.

Scary is that you think theyre ugly and hideous.

Theyre not bad, not my favorite but nothing about them is ugly and hideous.  Exactly to the point

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree.  I do think theyve gone away from those colors looking at the Browns, 49'rs, Falcons, Ravens, Jags, etc.  

Was thinking, obviously we have our preferences and like some uniform changes more than others but when was the last NFL uniform that was as hideous as some are convinced our uniforms will be?  Thought I think there could be some really bright color as a highlight, trim whatever.  Cant see a Oregon like fluorescent green top for example

We can hope and pray!  :)

 

46 minutes ago, rayzor said:

assuming he got in touch with someone who blabbed, he might know the colors.  If they aren't white, he'll be chastised.  If he tells us the colors he thinks was revealed to him and they're not, he'll be chastised. That's why it's not worth the risk to tell us.  I don't see how it can "hurt" the Jets if someone reveals what they "believe" the colors to be.

The thing is, we already know the main color...based on all the beat writers and the marketing that the Jets have been doing the last few months we know the main color is going to be a bright "kelly-esque" green. Hell even on my facebook feed I constantly get Jets Shop ads and all of the featured items now are kelly green. I scrolled through like 15 items and they all featured this same new green, not a single dark hunter green item and I know that wasn't the case a couple weeks ago because I bought some hats massively on sale (went with a dark slate gray with the old logo and a nice metallic silver that kind of matches my Tesla so both will still look good next season). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jeez SAR this is what you’ve managed to turn this massive unforsaken thread into lol? A game of “I know something you don’t know.”🤣

That plus a reminder to everyone that he has a lot of money.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jeez SAR this is what you’ve managed to turn this massive unforsaken thread into lol? A game of “I know something you don’t know.”🤣

No, he does what every troll does.  He types something to get a rise, get a response from those who just can't stop themselves from feeding the troll. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, rayzor said:

assuming he got in touch with someone who blabbed, he might know the colors.  If they aren't white, he'll be chastised.  If he tells us the colors he thinks was revealed to him and they're not, he'll be chastised. That's why it's not worth the risk to tell us.  I don't see how it can "hurt" the Jets if someone reveals what they "believe" the colors to be.

NO one got in touch with someone who blabbed on the phone.  At the manufacturer.  Yeah, whoever answers the phone would either tell a random caller or would connect him to someone who knows.  

Someone actually believes theres a chance he found out?  Are you people crazy?  LOL

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

 

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms. 

 

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

 

The thing is, we already know the main color...based on all the beat writers and the marketing that the Jets have been doing the last few months we know the main color is going to be a bright "kelly-esque" green. Hell even on my facebook feed I constantly get Jets Shop ads and all of the featured items now are kelly green. I scrolled through like 15 items and they all featured this same new green, not a single dark hunter green item and I know that wasn't the case a couple weeks ago because I bought some hats massively on sale (went with a dark slate gray with the old logo and a nice metallic silver that kind of matches my Tesla so both will still look good next season). 

Beat writers have told us the color?  No they havent.  Bloggers, morons without any connections have speculated.

Kind of like looking at a Jet feed and thinking that it proves the color.  Because if I was trying to keep it secret, I'd plaster it all over the internet.  No one would put it together.

Stop trying to figure out what you have no way of knowing.  Uniform will be available for all to see in a few

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The12th Man said:

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

 

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms. 

 

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

Stop giving this attention seeking individual the time of day.  He doesn't know.  You know it, I know it, and the entire board knows it.  He wants to pretend to be some kind of Adam Schefter pretending  that he has the scoop with the knowledge and feel more important than others that he knows something we don't.  He ducks any kind of reply like you mentioned about reasonable ways to prove he knew.  Its childish and immature, but he clearly needs that power to feel the way he wants to feel, so just let him talk his lies, and jsut hope like me the mods/admins will give him the boot again and this time let his vacation be permanent.  This thread being locked several times was a direct result of him causing a stir.  It's absolutely pathetic at this point.  Let him chime in with his "I'm a fan because I spend more money than you" nonsense, and hopefully we can all just go about our day and continue our own thoughts on this topic while ignoring him.  The fact he threw that card out should tell you all you need to know about the type of person he is.

 

Anyway, back on topic.

 

I'm fully expecting a leak to happen any day now.  I' like to think I can avoid the spoiler until the release event, but I know I'll come across it, whether it be on social media or just a friend sending me a text with the picture saying "what do you think?"

I just hope I like them at this point.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Stop giving this attention seeking individual the time of day.  He doesn't know.  You know it, I know it, and the entire board knows it.  He wants to pretend to be some kind of Adam Schefter pretending  that he has the scoop with the knowledge and feel more important than others that he knows something we don't.  He ducks any kind of reply like you mentioned about reasonable ways to prove he knew.  Its childish and immature, but he clearly needs that power to feel the way he wants to feel, so just let him talk his lies, and jsut hope like me the mods/admins will give him the boot again and this time let his vacation be permanent.  This thread being locked several times was a direct result of him causing a stir.  It's absolutely pathetic at this point.  Let him chime in with his "I'm a fan because I spend more money than you" nonsense, and hopefully we can all just go about our day and continue our own thoughts on this topic while ignoring him.  The fact he threw that card out should tell you all you need to know about the type of person he is.

 

Anyway, back on topic.

 

I'm fully expecting a leak to happen any day now.  I' like to think I can avoid the spoiler until the release event, but I know I'll come across it, whether it be on social media or just a friend sending me a text with the picture saying "what do you think?"

I just hope I like them at this point.

I really don’t think we’re gonna get a leak. At all. Multiple people have seen it already and it hasn’t gotten out. I don’t see anyway they’d let it get out before the reveal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I really don’t think we’re gonna get a leak. At all. Multiple people have seen it already and it hasn’t gotten out. I don’t see anyway they’d let it get out before the reveal. 

I'm with you on this.

They've had a couple of leaks before, you would think its a simple fix to make sure that it doesnt happen again.  Dont send them out a week early for someone to find and get pictures of, dont give promo items with pictures of uniform to the hands of everyone.  

The Jets are playing up the release of the uniforms on the 4th.  Making it an event.  You would think they told Nike that they better protect them from getting out early.  Billion dollar corps on every side of the promo should be able to get it dont.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The12th Man said:

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

 

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms. 

 

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

This is a good idea if he actually believes he knows.  Except he could easily photoshop the right colors when revealed.  It is possible he was fed the wrong info though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The12th Man said:

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

 

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms. 

 

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

I like the idea but it doesn’t work. He can buy a newspaper today and hold onto it until the day of the reveal.  Then right after the official reveal, he can do a quick write-up of the design philosophy and then take a selfie while holding up the old newspaper.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Beat writers have told us the color?  No they havent.  Bloggers, morons without any connections have speculated.

Kind of like looking at a Jet feed and thinking that it proves the color.  Because if I was trying to keep it secret, I'd plaster it all over the internet.  No one would put it together.

Stop trying to figure out what you have no way of knowing.  Uniform will be available for all to see in a few

Connor Hughes isn't a beat writer? 

Literally this whole thread is about trying to figure out what we have no way of knowing...I guess we should shut it down guys, almighty Jet Nut told us to stop. 

All I am saying is where there is smoke there is fire. I highly doubt it is a coincidence that the Jets have decided to start blasting the same color described by some as the new uniform color in all their media productions. Why would the Jets do this? It has nothing to do with "keeping it secret", it has to do with priming the fan base so that they at the very minimum subconsciously feel a familiarity and connection to the color. If on 4/3 everything about the Jets is Hunter Green and then 4/4 they flip a switch to a bright green it would be a drastic change and they would risk backlash from the fans.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Connor Hughes isn't a beat writer? 

Literally this whole thread is about trying to figure out what we have no way of knowing...I guess we should shut it down guys, almighty Jet Nut told us to stop. 

All I am saying is where there is smoke there is fire. I highly doubt it is a coincidence that the Jets have decided to start blasting the same color described by some as the new uniform color in all their media productions. Why would the Jets do this? It has nothing to do with "keeping it secret", it has to do with priming the fan base so that they at the very minimum subconsciously feel a familiarity and connection to the color. If on 4/3 everything about the Jets is Hunter Green and then 4/4 they flip a switch to a bright green it would be a drastic change and they would risk backlash from the fans.  

Where did Connor Hughes give up the colors of the uniform?

When did he actually see the uniforms?  If I'm trying to keep them secret pretty much the last thing I do is show them to the press and expect that there wont be a leak.  Why would anyone on the Jets think the media would keep them secret.  You are confusing he saw them with someone who claims to have seen them told him.  Quite a difference

Its not almighty Jet Nut, though I like that.  Its basic common sense.  You know like realizing there are only a few variations of green that work, so thinking your onto the new color by picking one of the 7 or so variations off of the NFL.COM site is a clue.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did Connor Hughes give up the colors of the uniform?

When did he actually see the uniforms?  If I'm trying to keep them secret pretty much the last thing I do is show them to the press and expect that there wont be a leak.  Why would anyone on the Jets think the media would keep them secret.  You are confusing he saw them with someone who claims to have seen them told him.  Quite a difference

Its not almighty Jet Nut, though I like that.  Its basic common sense.  You know like realizing there are only a few variations of green that work, so thinking your onto the new color by picking one of the 7 or so variations off of the NFL.COM site is a clue.

 

He was quoting a few players who saw the uniforms.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

Much like your car, your PSL, your "wealth," and probably everything else about you, your need to scream "look at me and my awesomeness" far exceeds your loyalty to keep something secret.  I call complete BS on this and most of everything else that you say.  

Carry on.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Precisely why I’m not leaking the color and design philosophy of the helmet despite knowing both since February. 

SAR I

Thank you, I have been anticipating this new change since this thread started.  Thank you for keeping it under wraps for such a long time.  We all are glad you have such resolve.

sarcasm-now-served-all-day.jpg

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prime21 said:

Keep telling us how you know some details but wont share with us.  

No.  Sorry.  I don't think that's the right thing to do.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The12th Man said:

Well, there is a pretty obvious way to prove this. You take a photo this week of you holding a newspaper in one hand, and then written on the blank paper in the other hand is the “color and design philosophy” of the helmet in the other.

and you just post it to this forum the moment the jets release the uniforms.

That.....or you’re a filthy liar. 

I like this strategy.  But, what's a newspaper?  Do they actually make them?  Or do you mean a screen capture?

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like the idea but it doesn’t work. He can buy a newspaper today and hold onto it until the day of the reveal.  Then right after the official reveal, he can do a quick write-up of the design philosophy and then take a selfie while holding up the old newspaper.  

I just created a rendering of what the helmet is going to look like based on the information I acquired.  It looks awesome.  It is, however, surprising.  You're going to love it.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SAR I said:

A leak would hurt the Jets. You shouldn’t be rooting for one.  

SAR I

Translation: “it would be bad if it was leaked to you ‘little people’ out there.  Only royalty like myself have the necessary security clearance to be privileged enough to know such info ahead of time.  And I want you to explicitly agree with my statement (that it would be bad if you were to know) because I get off on the idea of you admitting that I’m your ‘superior’.   Oh, and by the way, I’m rich”.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Translation: “it would be bad if it was leaked to you ‘little people’ out there.  Only royalty like myself have the necessary security clearance to be privileged enough to know such info ahead of time.  And I want you to explicitly agree with my statement (that it would be bad if you were to know) because I get off on the idea of you admitting that I’m your ‘superior’.   Oh, and by the way, I’m rich”.  

Image result for person who brags all the time pics

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Translation: “it would be bad if it was leaked to you ‘little people’ out there.  Only royalty like myself have the necessary security clearance to be privileged enough to know such info ahead of time.  And I want you to explicitly agree with my statement (that it would be bad if you were to know) because I get off on the idea of you admitting that I’m your ‘superior’.   Oh, and by the way, I’m rich”.  

Not this again.  I'll say this one last time:  I don't brag about money.  When people challenge my fandom I'll defend myself.  Just like anyone else would.

The difference is, I'm one of the few that actually puts my money where my mouth is.  I didn't take the easy way out and use the PSL process to quit on the team.  I didn't have hissy fit when the Jets raised the cost of my Giants Stadium seats $200 each and put a $25,000 PSL on each of them.  I didn't hide in my basement complaining about the enthusiasm of those who actually make an effort.  I bought the seats I could afford, I stuck with the team during the Geno/Idzik/Bowles dark ages, and I'm not going to sit here being told I don't cheer loudly enough by people who don't go to games, especially when games are as low as $20 a ticket. 

That's not me bragging about money; that's me telling you that you don't spend any.  Quite a difference.  And if that hurts your feelings, too bad.  If you're as big a Jets fan as you say you are, get off your couch, buy a $20 ticket, and keep those enemy fans back in podunk Wisconsin where they belong.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...