Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

A 46 year old man sitting there on his computer, gripping his Capital One card (with the $2400 limit), clicking refresh on his computer so he can be among the first to order a Jamal Adams jersey that looks like it was cobbled together on the back of Whole Foods bag by an extremely fey costume designer who’s never actually watched a football game but has a friend who dates a guy who played for Stony Brook back in ‘94-‘95 and still has the uniform framed and hanging in his spare bedroom in Niantic. 

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Grown men breathlessly debating the trim color lining the numbers of a $200 Darron Lee jersey for pages and pages. Imagine 

We actually setup a gofundme for your brand new design Jamal Adams jersey.  Enjoy!

44 minutes ago, CTM said:

My only interest in this is finding out how bad they are and then enjoying the ensueing meltdown.

CJ saying they are "pretty badass" points strongly towards a favorable outcome for me.

Rumor has it, his follow-up statement was "They're the Mike Maccagnan of uniforms!"  How can you not be excited?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A 46 year old man sitting there on his computer, gripping his Capital One card (with the $2400 limit), clicking refresh on his computer so he can be among the first to order a Jamal Adams jersey that looks like it was cobbled together on the back of Whole Foods bag by an extremely fey costume designer who’s never actually watched a football game but has a friend who dates a guy who played for Stony Brook back in ‘94-‘95 and still has the uniform framed and hanging in his spare bedroom in Niantic. 

We don't need to hear your life story man.

I mean, Max already told us all to keep our bragging to ourselves in this thread.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You've just seen ME in 8 days. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I mean, Max already told us all to keep our bragging to ourselves in this thread.

Cj did say the words Badass??? Lol man I can't wait

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

How many even knew they changed their uniforms before?

Talk about under the radar.  Its the Browns.  

LOL Losing teams do fly under the radar, and the Browns were synonymous with losing.

There are a lot of retirement age Browns and Steeler fans down here in the Myrtle Beach area. The Steeler fans are insufferable, but the Browns fans remind me of Jets fans. Good people, know the sport, loyal to their team through bad times.

I give them credit for fighting Modell and the NFL when he took the team to Baltimore. They went to court to make sure Modell couldn't take the team name and uniforms with him. They were even able to stop the transfer of team records from the Browns to the Ravens. They couldn't prevent Modell from moving the "team", but they take pride in not allowing him to move the "franchise."

After going through what they did, I think the pride they have in the original uniforms is understandable. The new uniforms were never going to be accepted by a fan base that fought as hard as they did to retain the old ones, even when the team left. There is no mystery about what the "new" ones will look like.

Whatever outsiders think of them or the colors, Browns fans love their originals, and the history behind them. They fought again, won again, and will be going back to the old, traditional uniform they had before.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will buy you an authentic Jamal Adams jersey....if you wear it at a game, wear around town - I must have photo evidence.

A sign that states “Jamal, Jamal, he’s my man, if I can love him, everyone can!” 

I would do that, just to shut you the F up about Jamal!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

zzzzzzz   😴

38 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m a psl holder in the mezzanine and a pseudo internet “rich guy”,  I already know what the uniforms look like.  The Jets told me.  

The helmet has primary and secondary colors that I know.  Tell me what the uniforms look like and I'll tell you what the helmets look like.  Then we can create something based on what we know, maybe add to it what we feel good about from writers and sources who have seen it, and have an Official JN Uniform Thread Rendering that will alleviate all the anguish so many are feeling right now.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Saw these on FB...have at it.  

56119362_2094639873966448_2281435736567709696_n.jpg

That is bad.  And that is ass.  But I think Christopher Johnson meant it differently.

SAR I

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The helmet has primary and secondary colors that I know.  Tell me what the uniforms look like and I'll tell you what the helmets look like.  Then we can create something based on what we know, maybe add to it what we feel good about from writers and sources who have seen it, and have an Official JN Uniform Thread Rendering that will alleviate all the anguish so many are feeling right now.

SAR I

genius! so our helmets will have our primary and secondary colors....

mind blowing. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I will buy you an authentic Jamal Adams jersey....if you wear it at a game, wear around town - I must have photo evidence.

A sign that states “Jamal, Jamal, he’s my man, if I can love him, everyone can!” 

I would do that, just to shut you the F up about Jamal!

Better idea: you wear the Adams jersey and I’ll race you to the honeymoon suite at the Meadowlands Ramada. Sure, I’ll win by five yards but despite getting gloriously rolled, you’ll still get the public relations bump and PFF will say you weren’t supposed to be there anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

genius! so our helmets will have our primary and secondary colors....

mind blowing. 

Do our new helmets have 2 colors?  3 colors?  4 colors?  Stands to reason that if our helmets only have 2 colors, the whole uniform only has 2 colors.  Or if the helmets have 4 colors, our whole uniform has 4 colors.

You dig?

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I’m excerpting my memoirs 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Better idea: you wear the Adams jersey and I’ll race you to the honeymoon suite at the Meadowlands Ramada. Sure, I’ll win by five yards but despite getting gloriously rolled, you’ll still get the public relations bump and PFF will say you weren’t supposed to be there anyway. 

I don’t wear jerseys, payaso.  

All the bull sh*t aside, take me up on my bet.  

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

I don’t wear jerseys, payaso.  

All the bull sh*t aside, take me up on my bet.  

That’s not a bet, mi sueño. There is zero benefit to me in that offer. ZERO

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m a psl holder in the mezzanine and a pseudo internet “rich guy”,  I already know what the uniforms look like.  The Jets told me.  

So, to be honest, I know what they look like too, in fact, I have a picture on them on my phone right now.

You see, I have a close friend who is a mover and shaker here in Indy.  He/she has in the past, and continues to serve on, many committees/development groups that have been instrumental in bringing the 2012 Superbowl to Indy, the 2021 NBA All-Star game to Indy, the 2022 National Championship game to Indy, countless Final Fours to Indy etc. etc.  This also includes being heavily involved in the Combine and keeping the Combine here.  Through those positions he/she has close contacts in the NFL including close contacts with people in the Jets FO.

Me personally, I'm not the "civic duty" type, so I don't get involved in these things, but my law practice in successful enough that I'm always rubbing elbows with those who do. (I'm kind of a big deal)

Anyways....I had lunch with my friend on Monday and practically begged him/her to reach out to his/her contacts with the Jets to see if there was anyway he/she could get info on the new unis.

Last night, the Jets contact actually texted him/her a picture of the unis. He/she immediately sent it to me.

I would divulge more, but I simply cannot breach the confidences of my close friend and jeopardize his/her current position and relationship with the Jets, the NFL and the city.

Let me just say, as I look at the new unis right now as I type this, that some of you will love them, some of you will hate them.

(PS - this is all a lie...except of course for the comment on my successful law practice - I have no idea what the unis look like, but I too can troll with the best of them)

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m excerpting my memoirs 

..again    😘

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

SAR1?

27 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I like those uniforms.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I like those uniforms.

If there was black etching on the letters of the helmet, and a black facemask then, Sign.  Me. Up.

19 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So, to be honest, I know what they look like too, in fact, I have a picture on them on my phone right now.

You see, I have a close friend who is a mover and shaker here in Indy.  He/she has in the past, and continues to serve on, many committees/development groups that have been instrumental in bringing the 2012 Superbowl to Indy, the 2021 NBA All-Star game to Indy, the 2022 National Championship game to Indy, countless Final Fours to Indy etc. etc.  This also includes being heavily involved in the Combine and keeping the Combine here.  Through those positions he/she has close contacts in the NFL including close contacts with people in the Jets FO.

Me personally, I'm not the "civic duty" type, so I don't get involved in these things, but my law practice in successful enough that I'm always rubbing elbows with those who do. (I'm kind of a big deal)

Anyways....I had lunch with my friend on Monday and practically begged him/her to reach out to his/her contacts with the Jets to see if there was anyway he/she could get info on the new unis.

Last night, the Jets contact actually texted him/her a picture of the unis. He/she immediately sent it to me.

I would divulge more, but I simply cannot breach the confidences of my close friend and jeopardize his/her current position and relationship with the Jets, the NFL and the city.

Let me just say, as I look at the new unis right now as I type this, that some of you will love them, some of you will hate them.

(PS - this is all a lie...except of course for the comment on my successful law practice - I have no idea what the unis look like, but I too can troll with the best of them)

You good sir or madam are a pr*ck tease ;)

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

While I don't like these uniforms in particular, we do know that the team will have black alternates and based off of the QB jerseys from last season I wouldn't be surprised if they look somewhat similar to the black ones shown here. With that said, it would pretty much guarantee that the helmets are in fact green because there is no way we could wear a white helmet that would look good with that green/black combination. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

sup

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s not a bet, mi sueño. There is zero benefit to me in that offer. ZERO

I’m your nightmare, my darling.  In my glorious youth, you would have been my slave. 😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m your nightmare, my darling.  In my glorious youth, you would have been my slave. 😂😂😂😂

I mean, I can totally be your slave now. I have no expectation of maintaining any personal dignity regardless. 

18 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

While I don't like these uniforms in particular, we do know that the team will have black alternates and based off of the QB jerseys from last season I wouldn't be surprised if they look somewhat similar to the black ones shown here. With that said, it would pretty much guarantee that the helmets are in fact green because there is no way we could wear a white helmet that would look good with that green/black combination. 

Agreed. I'm not into the speculating thing, nor do I believe we've seen anything here that is what Nike and the Jets have decided on. We obviously have no idea whether they are going to use black or grey in the new uniforms. However, if they are going to go to a "bad ass" look, it seems that a white helmet wouldn't be that, and my one guess about the new stuff is a completely different color helmet. 

Just a few more days and we'll know the answer. I've come around to the idea of the change. I'm an older fan who doesn't buy into a lot of team or fan generated hype about players and coaches. I will admit this is something I'm looking forward to seeing however. Unlike most who have posted here, I think I'm going to like what they've come up with.

It just feels right to me on a lot of levels. New coach, Young QB, etc. it seems like we're heading into a new era of Jets football. Why not go for a new look also?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I mean, I can totally be your slave now. I have no expectation of maintaining any personal dignity regardless. 

GoldenShowerOfTroy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL Losing teams do fly under the radar, and the Browns were synonymous with losing.

There are a lot of retirement age Browns and Steeler fans down here in the Myrtle Beach area. The Steeler fans are insufferable, but the Browns fans remind me of Jets fans. Good people, know the sport, loyal to their team through bad times.

I give them credit for fighting Modell and the NFL when he took the team to Baltimore. They went to court to make sure Modell couldn't take the team name and uniforms with him. They were even able to stop the transfer of team records from the Browns to the Ravens. They couldn't prevent Modell from moving the "team", but they take pride in not allowing him to move the "franchise."

After going through what they did, I think the pride they have in the original uniforms is understandable. The new uniforms were never going to be accepted by a fan base that fought as hard as they did to retain the old ones, even when the team left. There is no mystery about what the "new" ones will look like.

Whatever outsiders think of them or the colors, Browns fans love their originals, and the history behind them. They fought again, won again, and will be going back to the old, traditional uniform they had before.

But also to be fair they have a history in those old uniforms.  They had success in them.  They've had no success in these so wanting to go back makes even more sense

I get it.  Plus I like their originals

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Grown men breathlessly debating the trim color lining the numbers of a $200 Darron Lee jersey for pages and pages. Imagine 

I'm rooting for Zubaz trim.

• Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Bbbbbbut SAR said they're white.  CJ gave a knowing wink. 

He wasnt telling the truth? 😮

• Haha 1