Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Saw this post on Reddit. Obviously could be completely BS so take with a huge grain of salt but what I find interesting is the color names. Totally something that I could see Nike and the Jets promoting.

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

Well, if true, this part sure is exciting.

Thurs cant get here soon enough

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Saw this post on Reddit. Obviously could be completely BS so take with a huge grain of salt but what I find interesting is the color names. Totally something that I could see Nike and the Jets promoting.

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

Can’t wait!

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”.

I know a lot of people won't like the lime green, but I'm thinking it'll look pretty cool as an accent color. This might be my favorite tease yet. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, slats said:

I know a lot of people won't like the lime green, but I'm thinking it'll look pretty cool as an accent color. This might be my favorite tease yet. 

Man, I totally agree.  A trim thats brighter, livens up the look cant be bad if its done as the accent color.  

I'm with you, this tease, if true adds to the excitement and should leave people optimistic 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yeah, white helmet please.

I'd also prefer vertical stripes like the Colts, with this type of jersey style.

57 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Doesn’t sound like you are getting any of that.  

The Colts and Jets have had the same stripes.  If you're going for a new, bold look why would you think there's a chance of the same stripes being part of the look, when they're trying to put that look behind them?  

I don't get all the "check out this design" stuff.  It's not like it has any influence on the final choice anyway.

Unrelated, I saw someone mention that the Jets are going to make a "big event" out of the uniform unveiling.  I shudder to think what they're going to do.  Is there going to be like an hour-long show where it's unveiled in the last 15 minutes or something (along the lines of "The Decision" from LeBron)?  What an embarrassing spectacle that would be.  I'm assuming this is going to be a prime time event too.  So ridiculous.  

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't get all the "check out this design" stuff.  It's not like it has any influence on the final choice anyway.

Unrelated, I saw someone mention that the Jets are going to make a "big event" out of the uniform unveiling.  I shudder to think what they're going to do.  Is there going to be like an hour-long show where it's unveiled in the last 15 minutes or something (along the lines of "The Decision" from LeBron)?  What an embarrassing spectacle that would be.  I'm assuming this is going to be a prime time event too.  So ridiculous.  

So you have no confidence in the uniforms looking good, from earlier posts.  Expecting the worst.

And now the unveil of the uniforms also makes you shudder?  Its going to be embarrassing and ridiculous?  

You kind of have to try to be this negative, LOL comeon man

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

This sounds very real. It’s descriptive without the person revealing anything too spoiler (obviously isn’t at liberty to divulge every facet).

I wonder what the NYC theme is though? Skyline designs? Massive numbers has me curious too. Few more days and we’ll know for sure what’s been real or made up.

All the verbiage too sounds very much like something Nike would market for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Colts and Jets have had the same stripes.  If you're going for a new, bold look why would you think there's a chance of the same stripes being part of the look, when they're trying to put that look behind them?  

Same stripes, yes, but if they don't have the different colored sleeves then it's a pretty big change.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Same stripes, yes, but if they don't have the different colored sleeves then it's a pretty big change.

Yeah, will take most time to even notice.

The same stripes with the white removed is the same look, no big change, lets face it.  More to the point, aint happening

36 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This sounds very real. It’s descriptive without the person revealing anything too spoiler (obviously isn’t at liberty to divulge every facet).

I wonder what the NYC theme is though? Skyline designs? Massive numbers has me curious too. Few more days and we’ll know for sure what’s been real or made up.

All the verbiage too sounds very much like something Nike would market for the Jets. 

This guy is still posting. He said he’s seen the press release for the uniform reveal and that the uniforms are designed to make people think of skyscrapers. He also said jets are not part of the main helmet logo but are used for a secondary logo. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Last season at good old Shea.  Remember that crazy season ender, Steelers if my mind is still working, people were destroying seats, etc

Crazy post game, wasn't it

While all the nuts were tearing the place apart for trash, there was one guy getting something useful.  With the stands moved for football, he was able to stand on the railing of the top row of the field level below the auxiliary scoreboard and was patiently unscrewing lightbulbs and putting them in a hefty bag he had with him

They made you funnel out the CF gate with NYC cops there so if you had anything they just pointed to a big pile 

40 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Crazy post game, wasn't it

While all the nuts were tearing the place apart for trash, there was one guy getting something useful.  With the stands moved for football, he was able to stand on the railing of the top row of the field level below the auxiliary scoreboard and was patiently unscrewing lightbulbs and putting them in a hefty bag he had with him

They made you funnel out the CF gate with NYC cops there so if you had anything they just pointed to a big pile 

Yes it was.

I remember the CF exit too.  I remember, even as a younger person thinking WTF, Sheas not closing why are people trying to take souvenirs as if it was.  There were a few numbnuts smashing and destroying seats.  Not for souvenirs but just to wreck them.  Why?  LOL

Souvenirs though, had a hunk of Shea grass from the field that I ripped up after beating Green Bay to put is in the playoffs in 1981

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

It's crazy to me that a bunch of grown ass men care so much about the color/design of a t-shirt.

Almost as crazy as those who check in to see what a bunch of grown ass men are thinking about the color/design change of a UNIFORM thinking their talking tees.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green is our hue

Dont see that changing either

This thread should be locked.

No it shouldnt, just stay away if it bores you.

We don't want no goddam black

Like it or not lots of people do.  

This guy is still posting. He said he’s seen the press release for the uniform reveal and that the uniforms are designed to make people think of skyscrapers. He also said jets are not part of the main helmet logo but are used for a secondary logo. 

Here are more posts:

Someone asked if the helmet was green:

If it’s ok with you, I’m not going to answer this question. Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them.

They will be the most talked about feature of the uniform though. I can promise you that.

Someone asked where he got the color names from:

The press release. “Big Apple Green” is a deep shade of green that is rich but still appears to glow, “Jet Black” is exactly what it sounds like, and “Limelieght” is a bright neon green with an almost yellowish tinge to it.

Someone asked about the numbers and font:

They’re modern. Supposed to look like skyscrapers.
As far as Nike numbers go, they’re on the more tame side. They are just really really big.

Regarding shade of “Big Apple Green:

No, it’s much deeper and richer than Kelly Green.

Not on the helmet. There is a secondary logo with Jet like elements.

Is there a lot of black incorporated into the white jerseys?

There’s a healthy amount of black but more green and white.

• Upvote 1