Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes they do.  Today.  Selling out old stock.  Got it.

Think about it.   You make cheap knock of uniforms.  You make them in advance to keep stocked and to be able to fill orders.  You think that theyre going to make jerseys that like it or not pretty much no one will want, they'll all want the new uniforms.  

Hate to break it to anyone who thinks they're still going to make the old uniforms

Jerseys are very rarely made to order, unless paying for a customization.  Eventually the old jersey design will run out, but there are going to be a number of suppliers that already have a stock, which they will continue to try to sell as long as they have it.  Unless every company correctly estimated the exact number of the old jersey design sales up through this week, it could still take a while for that all to move.  There are plenty of things out of production that can still be purchased online, this is no different.  Not to mention, by the time current stock of these jerseys runs out, would any of us really be surprised if the team started trying to sell them again as "throwbacks"?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Question Max, did you think this uniform deal would be such a big t˙ng?

It is way bigger than I thought it would be to be honest. People are pumped, I thought there would be excitement but the level of excitement has definitely surprised me.

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.

That Reddit poster also posted the Bears and Packers were going to be the Opening game this season, a couple days prior to the official announcement. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is way bigger than I thought it would be to be honest. People are pumped, I thought there would be excitement but the level of excitement has definitely surprised me.

Same here.  Remembering the last uniform change and how low key it was especially.  I get the internet and a site like this has changed the landscape but this is off the hook with all the interest and all the varying different looks, colors etc that fans want to see.

Going to be hard to come up with any kind of consensus on what people think about the uniforms, just hope that even if you dont love them but they look acceptable they dont burn Modells down

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes they do.  Today.  Selling out old stock.  Got it.

Think about it.   You make cheap knock of uniforms.  You make them in advance to keep stocked and to be able to fill orders.  You think that theyre going to make jerseys that like it or not pretty much no one will want, they'll all want the new uniforms.  

Hate to break it to anyone who thinks they're still going to make the old uniforms

Have you ever searched for a NY Jets  Mitchell & Ness jersey or how about a specific player say Wayne Chrebet you can find a jersey and Chrebet hasn't played in years. Google is your friend. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Same here.  Remembering the last uniform change and how low key it was especially.  I get the internet and a site like this has changed the landscape but this is off the hook with all the interest and all the varying different looks, colors etc that fans want to see.

Going to be hard to come up with any kind of consensus on what people think about the uniforms, just hope that even if you dont love them but they look acceptable they dont burn Modells down

Modells sells cheap lower grade jerseys not the real deal authentic ones. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm trying to remember:  did they have a reveal last time in '98?  All I remember is video from my "History of the Jets" DVD of Mariucci being like star struck during our first game against the niners in '98.  "Namath!  Maynard!"  But was that the first "reveal"?  did they even wear those uniforms in preseason that year?  I know it was nothing like this, but part or me remembers being somewhat surprised, like Mariucci, when they had the 60s unis in game 1 of '98....

I was also in College at the time, so there's a lot I don't remember from those years!  ha!

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Majority of people over 50 will hate it.

Majority of people under 30 will think its amazing.

30-49 year olds will be the mixed bag based on personal preference. 

Not sure I agree with that. I think hate and love will be fairly evenly split

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you ever searched for a NY Jets  Mitchell & Ness jersey or how about a specific player say Wayne Chrebet you can find a jersey and Chrebet hasn't played in years. Google is your friend. 

It takes little effort to take a current jersey, one theyre making at the time and take a #80 Jersey and instead of putting the current players name on the back putting one out with Chrebet.

And yes, I've seen uniforms all through the years.  Take the 80 uniform and if you dont want Klecko, Toon and maybe Gastieneau or one or two others you arent getting uniforms.  Not the same as going to a site and ordering a current player and a current uniform.

Thats all

5 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Yeah, if it's like AAF crap.

Don’t matter to me I stop buying jerseys once I hit 30 and realize most players outside of a good QB. Don’t stay but few years anyway (see giants fans and obj, Landon Collins jerseys). So as long as the players like it I’m cool . 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

It takes little effort to take a current jersey, one theyre making at the time and take a #80 Jersey and instead of putting the current players name on the back putting one out with Chrebet.

And yes, I've seen uniforms all through the years.  Take the 80 uniform and if you dont want Klecko, Toon and maybe Gastieneau or one or two others you arent getting uniforms.  Not the same as going to a site and ordering a current player and a current uniform.

Thats all

Then those who hate it wont wear it and they wont have a problem. 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.

True, he could be making it up. But then again, maybe we have a multicolored helmet that is difficult to describe. I lean towards fake, since it does not really align with other snippets.

15 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm trying to remember:  did they have a reveal last time in '98?  All I remember is video from my "History of the Jets" DVD of Mariucci being like star struck during our first game against the niners in '98.  "Namath!  Maynard!"  But was that the first "reveal"?  did they even wear those uniforms in preseason that year?  I know it was nothing like this, but part or me remembers being somewhat surprised, like Mariucci, when they had the 60s unis in game 1 of '98....

I was also in College at the time, so there's a lot I don't remember from those years!  ha!

I do remember the new uniform being modeled by Adriane Murrell and someone else who I cant remember.  Always remember Murrell because he was traded after that.

There was someone else though.  It was low key though.  They showed and modeled the new uniform, didnt hand it out at the draft if I remember and didnt wear them in practice or in any of the preseason games

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Then those who hate it wont wear it and they wont have a problem. 

I dont think they care.  Theyre going to fly off the shelves when they're released.  They dont really care about people who before seeing the uniform tell all that they will never buy a jersey.  Unless they look good and then they tuck their tail and buy one.  

Thats not the target market. 

The people who are selling on the internet, on Ebay are not real jersey manufacturers.  Real manufacturer, Nike, wont be allowed to keep producing old uniforrms.

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wouldn't a simple poll here be a pretty good indicator of the overall sentiment?  As long as 51% of people like it, it would be considered a success.  I would be curious to know the age breakdown of the votes as well if that's possible.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont think they care.  Theyre going to fly off the shelves when they're released.  They dont really care about people who before seeing the uniform tell all that they will never buy a jersey.  Unless they look good and then they tuck their tail and buy one.  

Thats not the target market. 

The people who are selling on the internet, on Ebay are not real jersey manufacturers.  Real manufacturer, Nike, wont be allowed to keep producing old uniforrms.

Nike will produce throwbacks like Reebok did if theres a market for it they will produce it. 

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Don’t matter to me I stop buying jerseys once I hit 30 and realize most players outside of a good QB. Don’t stay but few years anyway (see giants fans and obj, Landon Collins jerseys). So as long as the players like it I’m cool . 

Thats why I get them all with my last name Scoop, I never leave the team.

IMG_0979.thumb.JPG.17aae976c48d532d821ce17820eb8139.JPGphoto3kix.jpg.30503a1b1a0961a136199fab0fd61870.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, rayzor said:

Wouldn't a simple poll here be a pretty good indicator of the overall sentiment?  As long as 51% of people like it, it would be considered a success.  I would be curious to know the age breakdown of the votes as well if that's possible.

Because every Jets fan is on this board and they'll all vote?

I could care less about the breakdown.  If I like it or I dont who cares if a millennial or a senior likes it?  Thats all I care about, do I like it, would I buy it?  

Not i'll never like it, its not the old uniform, I'm not buying anything.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Nike will produce throwbacks like Reebok did if theres a market for it they will produce it. 

Do you see actual Joe Klecko Nike made uniforms for sale?  Al Toon?  Mark Gastineau? 

Anyone?

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do remember the new uniform being modeled by Adriane Murrell and someone else who I cant remember.  Always remember Murrell because he was traded after that.

There was someone else though.  It was low key though.  They showed and modeled the new uniform, didnt hand it out at the draft if I remember and didnt wear them in practice or in any of the preseason games

makes sense.  maybe my memory was a little better than I thought!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you see actual Joe Klecko Nike made uniforms for sale?  Al Toon?  Mark Gastineau? 

Anyone?

Nike didn't produce the jerseys they originally wore or they would make a throwback. 

Why would they make a jersey that was never ever in production. 

Reebok did a Joe Namath jersey a few years back which was odd. 

https://www.collectors.com/sports-item/reebok-new-york-jets-joe-namath-jersey-12-green-throwback-v/1551644721017332055

See the proof . 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I always think the uniform looks better in a match situation than on an unveiling, a lot of folks will hate it at first look but by the time they see it on game day will have come round....a bit like the Gase hire!!