Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah it definitely wasn't anything like this. The hype right now is through the roof.

You may want to correct the spelling of the word "unveiled" in the topic title as it wouldn't look good if JN gets some press.

SAR I

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tenn was the night before, out of a retail store.  Bet they dont make that mistake again. 

Even at the launch the letter tells us no merchandise would be available.  I can see why, they'll send them out a day later instead of a day early

Tenn was days before and it was never confirmed. Jax was also days before. Bucs were like a week before.

The logo might not release but this is about a legitimate a leak opportunity as we’re gonna see. A small time retailer with an actual shipment of gear sounds like odds on favorite for early info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I do remember the new uniform being modeled by Adriane Murrell and someone else who I cant remember.  Always remember Murrell because he was traded after that.
There was someone else though.  It was low key though.  They showed and modeled the new uniform, didnt hand it out at the draft if I remember and didnt wear them in practice or in any of the preseason games


I wanna say Jumbo Elliot or Kyle Brady. I barely remember.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You may want to correct the spelling of the word "unveiled" in the topic title as it wouldn't look good if JN gets some press.

SAR I

I assure you, if Max were to be looking for press about anything, this thread would be waaaaaaaaaaay down the list.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Not much to get excited about.  Free agency has slowed down, the local hockey and basketball teams stink and baseball is just starting.  What else is there to follow?  

LMAO, wrong.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm trying to remember:  did they have a reveal last time in '98?  All I remember is video from my "History of the Jets" DVD of Mariucci being like star struck during our first game against the niners in '98.  "Namath!  Maynard!"  But was that the first "reveal"?  did they even wear those uniforms in preseason that year?  I know it was nothing like this, but part or me remembers being somewhat surprised, like Mariucci, when they had the 60s unis in game 1 of '98....

I was also in College at the time, so there's a lot I don't remember from those years!  ha!

there was really not much to reveal - we went back to our old uni's with a slight color change. Hardly warranted much hoopla, except for opening day, etc. This is totally new from what we've heard. Definitely more excitement around it. Parcells wanted to go back to the old uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greensleeves said:

there was really not much to reveal - we went back to our old uni's with a slight color change. Hardly warranted much hoopla, except for opening day, etc. This is totally new from what we've heard. Definitely more excitement around it. Parcells wanted to go back to the old uniforms.

I hear ya, but I just remember hearing that they would have new uniforms.  and part of me remembers being surprised while watching week 1.  someone had a pic earlier in this thread of parcells with Mo, chrebet, etc at "the reveal", so there was obviously something back then.  just with no social media, etc it didn't get to the heights we have now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Tenn was days before and it was never confirmed. Jax was also days before. Bucs were like a week before.

The logo might not release but this is about a legitimate a leak opportunity as we’re gonna see. A small time retailer with an actual shipment of gear sounds like odds on favorite for early info.

Thought it said April 3 on the internet and the uniform was released on the 4th.  Turns out the uniform leaked out late monday night, April.  2nd/3rd

I dont think it makes a difference, Ill bet that Nike learned and theyre sending shipments out after the release, ending any idea of a leak.  Makes no difference if they start selling them on friday or thursday.

Who knows, if someone shows the actual hat, log, uniform whatever no one will believe it anyway, lol

Lots of people didnt believe the leaked Tenn uni was real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, Maxman said:

I have had calls with the large companies that sell merchandise online. We are going to have a merchandise page for the launch. They are going to have it all listed once the Jets make the announcements. So the creatives are out there.

Hey Max, I've been meaning to ask this for a few days - if JetNation is going to have a merch page for the launch, is it safe to assume that the site will receive a piece of the action for all sales that pass through here?  I'm planning to place an order ASAP after the reveal (assuming I'm not as irate about them as I was the first time I saw Ken O'Brien looking like a fool in the pickle pants), and if I can do it in a way that will help my favorite Jet fan site out, I'd like to do it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I really don't care what the uniforms look like. If the Jets win while wearing them, they will be beautiful. 

I hear ya, winning should always be #1 priority, but no reason you can't look great doing it!!  I mean we have seen some AWFUL uniforms (i.e. Steelers throwbacks for an example) - imagine Jets FINALLY win a SB and we have unis like those!  I know we'll buy the SB champions stuff, but man, we will look terrible!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

https://www.jetsshop.com/mens-new-era-green-new-york-jets-retro-script-9twenty-adjustable-hat/p-36243383498391+z-9660-2411819883

 

This is one of the few hats not discounted.   Had the color rush color and old logo in bottom corner.  Not sure if that’s a hint or just by coincidence    

I pretty much hate this hat on a side note.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It’s exactly what happened to the Bucs and to the Titans. 

Cool then don't post it here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

https://www.jetsshop.com/mens-new-era-green-new-york-jets-retro-script-9twenty-adjustable-hat/p-36243383498391+z-9660-2411819883

 

This is one of the few hats not discounted.   Had the color rush color and old logo in bottom corner.  Not sure if that’s a hint or just by coincidence    

Discontinued but so ugly it will never sell out. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MykePM said:

Hey Max, I've been meaning to ask this for a few days - if JetNation is going to have a merch page for the launch, is it safe to assume that the site will receive a piece of the action for all sales that pass through here?  I'm planning to place an order ASAP after the reveal (assuming I'm not as irate about them as I was the first time I saw Ken O'Brien looking like a fool in the pickle pants), and if I can do it in a way that will help my favorite Jet fan site out, I'd like to do it.

Yes, much appreciated. I hope to have it in place by tomorrow night. I have to look but I think football fanatics, nfl fan shop etc kick back 5% or so to the site. So all things being equal anyone who purchases through our merchandise page, THANK YOU!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Larz said:

Cool then don't post it here 

If it leaks, I’m gonna post it here and I’m gonna tag you in the post. Then I’m gonna PM it to you. Then I’m gonna mail you a hat. Then I’ll buy you a jersey. Then I’ll take you out to dinner. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, prime21 said:

No way there is a slip up now on Jets new caps.

 

Well this adds more credibility to the "leaker" on Reddit who posted the Raiders Draft Cap. He said that all the caps reference state or city flags and the reason that the Raiders had a giant USA flag behind the logo was that the league didn't know where they would be playing. His descriptions of our jerseys is looking more and more legit. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Well this adds more credibility to the "leaker" on Reddit who posted the Raiders Draft Cap. He said that all the caps reference state or city flags and the reason that the Raiders had a giant USA flag behind the logo was that the league didn't know where they would be playing. His descriptions of our jerseys is looking more and more legit. 

Except only one of the 4 hats reference the state and/or city the play in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except only one of the 4 hats reference the state and/or city the play in.  

4 out of 4... what’s your objection here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

4 out of 4... what’s your objection here?

Yup Minnesota flag (notice the star formation): 

us-mn.gif

 

DC Flag (two stripes, 3 stars): 

Flag_of_the_District_of_Columbia.svg

Tennessee state flag (3 stars): 

2000px-Flag_of_Tennessee.svg.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

4 out of 4... what’s your objection here?

Didnt even notice the stars, all the hats have stars.  Especially when in the Minny hat there are 3 stars and in the flag there are four clusters of four and one of three.  Hardly saw it as a state reference, certainly not a city reference.  Where Pats have Foxboro and Mass on their hats.

OK, went back in, clicked on the picture and the hat pics are shown differently, you see more of the design and its clearer. 

I'll take the hit for opening the other link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So those guys doing the live youtube unveiling just said they do not have a Jets hat to show.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, static14 said:

So those guys doing the live youtube unveiling just said they do not have a Jets hat to show.

Bah humbug.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Bah humbug.

I'm pretty intrigued on how they will incorporate either the NY State or NYC flag into the hat. They both aren't the prettiest flags so I assume they focus on one small aspect of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just did the New York Jets...the hat is Green white and black. Similar logo but New York is written out above JETS and the football. 

 

Edit: 2njivs7.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't be the new logo.  Can't be...

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.18.53 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

wth is this?

I'm hoping it's just a placeholder for the real thing on Thursday.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...