Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

18 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Why have the football covering the bottom of the E and T?  

etjets.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

IMG_1254.jpg

Glad to see we are going to embrace a "paper plane" element. lol

2 tone helmet. No thanks

Bad Logo. No thanks

Numbers are bad and not very readable. No thanks. 

I don't mind the green color or how it looks with the black, but I am not a fan of this uniform. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Glad to see we are going to embrace a "paper plane" element. lol

2 tone helmet. No thanks

Bad Logo. No thanks

Numbers are bad and not very readable. No thanks. 

I don't mind the green color or how it looks with the black, but I am not a fan of this uniform. 

They wouldn't even wear crap like this in the AAF. This is just plain outrageous.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

I still have my sheets from my twin bed like that from when I was 5. 48 years old, still dreaming of another Trophy. Note the Oilers.20190402_094014.thumb.jpg.75356a7f756b5e13e8bab713ea954823.jpg

I had the same sheets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, section314 said:

They wouldn't even wear crap like this in the AAF. This is just plain outrageous.

Black and green can work if done correctly I don’t know what the hell that is. My issue has always been the odds of it being a success. We already had a good logo and uniform and the odds of making a worse one are very high.

The smart move based on aesthetics would be to leave it alone but the money making move is new logo and design. I understand it’s a business but it’ll suck if it goes wrong. It’d be much easier if we had a crap logo/uniform and wanted change. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I still think we’re going to see the color on Robbie anderson’s Car, he’s just the person to reveal something beforehand.  Also wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 shades of green, Kelly and more of a neon.  

I personally believe the report that there are two greens, with the brighter "limelight" green (hopefully) being more of a trim. I would hope that Robby's car is the limelight green. If it's not and his car is the darker "big apple green", we might be in trouble 

54 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

IMG_1254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are shaved-a-dog’s-ass ugly. I have no doubt the actual uniforms will look exactly like this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Black and green can work if done correctly I don’t know what the hell that is. My issue has always been the odds of it being a success. We already had a good logo and uniform and the odds of making a worse one are very high.

The smart move based on aesthetics would be to leave it alone but the money making move is new logo and design. I understand it’s a business but it’ll suck if it goes wrong. It’d be much easier if we had a crap logo/uniform and wanted change. 

Totally agree with all of your post, especially the last part. This just smells of the typical corporate business model.... having to justify paying some "creative" consulting agency to do something.One thing the Jets have had going for us was we went back to our original, classic logo.We go this new route, we will be a total laughing stock in NFL circles on all levels.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

From a business standpoint, it's a pretty serious no-risk proposition though.  Even if it is generally poorly received, there will still be a spike in sales, definitely far more than would ever normally be seen at this time of the year, and in all likelihood continue throughout at least this season.  Worst case scenario is, if it's really that bad for them in terms of response, they'll roll back to the "throwbacks" in a few years and get another sales spike to go along with it.  They'd obviously prefer this change to be a success, so they don't have to bother spending on another new round of development, but there's no major cause for concern (for the team).

• Upvote 1

I'm rereading through this thread... Boy people are getting awfully worked up over this...

Maybe we should all relax just a little bit?... 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, its not

A passenger jet is hideous and stupid.  Its not the early 60s

You actually know why we are the NY Jets? It's because there are world renowned airports in the area - JFK and LaGuardia. That's why the original logo was a graphic of a passenger jet. Where exactly are the fighter jets? I mean, the reason for why we are the Jets should be incorporated into the design. Hopefully Nike and the Jets pay attention and put some thought into the design concept. I only spent 5 minutes on mine because I work on client designs and don't have much time to fool around with my own projects. Using a fighter jet is less literal, I know, but it's also not correct. If you are the Sharks and the shark you put on a logo isn't indigenous to the area it doesn't make sense.

16 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Can't be the new logo.  Can't be...

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.18.53 PM.png

After browsing through all the New Era draft caps, i am pretty sure this will at worst be the Jets draft cap.   They must have the exclusives to provide the caps for every team.  If you look at the Giant's caps, they have the same strange insect decoration.  The only thing is that the Jets must have provided them this logo.  How much this logo will be incorporated into the new uni's is the big question.  I don't think the color represents the new uni's either.  New Era probably wasn't provided the new color.   Also, as others have mentioned, the new uni they pair this with at the podium won't match.   I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet either.

12 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm rereading through this thread... Boy people are getting awfully worked up over this...

Oh yeah?!?  Well... YOU'RE getting worked up.  My fist will relax in your face!  Yeah!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I still think we’re going to see the color on Robbie anderson’s Car, he’s just the person to reveal something beforehand.  Also wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 shades of green, Kelly and more of a neon.  

There's a better chance that he reveals the color than spells the word "color" correctly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

So your theory is that the Jets and New Era created a temporary logo and produced hats with that temporary logo. This same logo will also appear at a formal presentation at Nike headquarters. Why does that make more sense than this simply being 1 of their new logos?

Created?=

My kid could redo their logo to the one on the hat on photoshop in under 1 minute.

Why?

Because working over 4 years you dont present the same exact logo, remove the "NY" from the background, insert "New York" over the top portion and ask the client, "what do you think"?

And the best question, do you think Nike, working on a uniform and logo redo for the Jets, one that the Jets and the NFL don't want leaked to anyone anywhere would hand the new logo, the new colors etc to New Era??????

LOL, come on 4/4, please get here, we're all getting crazy

3 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh yeah?!?  Well... YOU'RE getting worked up.  My fist will relax in your face!  Yeah!

Oh yeah, well my fist will relax in your ASS.

That doesn't really mean the same, does it?

Is it the foot in the ass? I think that's what I meant.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It was based on the throwback logo, Einstein.

No shlt really?

What does that have to do with its more ugly and hideous today than it was in the 60's? 

And I own a hat with that plane on it.  Einstein 

Who gets defensive and aggressive over their avatar?  Lighten up

If that's actually the new logo then maybe this wont be so bad after all. Nice clean update to what we had.

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Created?=

My kid could redo their logo to the one on the hat on photoshop in under 1 minute.

Why?

Because working over 4 years you dont present the same exact logo, remove the "NY" from the background, insert "New York" over the top portion and tell the client, "what do you think"?

And the best question, do you think Nike, working on a uniform and logo redo for the Jets, one that the Jets and the NFL don't want leaked to anyone anywhere would hand the new logo, the new colors etc to New Era??????

New Era is the Official headwear licensee for the NFL. All the stocking caps, visors and ball caps you see players and coaches wear  are made by them, not Nike.

I get what you're saying, I know New Era wasn't involved in the new design. However, as a  NFL licensee, they have received the Nike end result design for production of their newly styled head wear which will have the new(?) colors and logo.

48 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I still have my sheets from my twin bed like that from when I was 5. 48 years old, still dreaming of another Trophy. Note the Oilers.20190402_094014.thumb.jpg.75356a7f756b5e13e8bab713ea954823.jpg

That is cool and creepy at the same time.

24 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Wow.... that escalated quickly. 

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

After browsing through all the New Era draft caps, i am pretty sure this will at worst be the Jets draft cap.   They must have the exclusives to provide the caps for every team.  If you look at the Giant's caps, they have the same strange insect decoration.  The only thing is that the Jets must have provided them this logo.  How much this logo will be incorporated into the new uni's is the big question.  I don't think the color represents the new uni's either.  New Era probably wasn't provided the new color.   I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet either.

The strongest evidence that this logo is legitimate is that it appears at the Nike meeting on the visual identity(?) guide in the One Jets Drive video. I had the same opinion--that it wouldn't be on the helmet and that it was, at worst, secondary to some undoubtedly more inspired concept.  We'll see soon enough. Personally, I feel this logo is a definite step back and is inferior to the current logo and the 80's/90's wordmark.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

No.  Style before substance.

27 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

You actually know why we are the NY Jets? It's because there are world renowned airports in the area - JFK and LaGuardia. That's why the original logo was a graphic of a passenger jet. Where exactly are the fighter jets? I mean, the reason for why we are the Jets should be incorporated into the design. Hopefully Nike and the Jets pay attention and put some thought into the design concept. I only spent 5 minutes on mine because I work on client designs and don't have much time to fool around with my own projects. Using a fighter jet is less literal, I know, but it's also not correct. If you are the Sharks and the shark you put on a logo isn't indigenous to the area it doesn't make sense.

I like this logo:

Boeing_737_seating_charts_arrangements.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(per someone who I believe to be reliable, but who knows if it's true?)

Draft Cap logo has been leaked/disclosed:

IMG_1632002.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The worst part about it, is that it sounds like the event will be a prime time affair.....so 4/4 will get here and we will still have to wait all day.

Someone should start a "gameday" thread on Thursday morning.

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

After browsing through all the New Era draft caps, i am pretty sure this will at worst be the Jets draft cap.   They must have the exclusives to provide the caps for every team.  If you look at the Giant's caps, they have the same strange insect decoration.  The only thing is that the Jets must have provided them this logo.  How much this logo will be incorporated into the new uni's is the big question.  I don't think the color represents the new uni's either.  New Era probably wasn't provided the new color.   Also, as others have mentioned, the new uni they pair this with at the podium won't match.   I seriously doubt that logo will be on the helmet either.

The decoration is from the city flag.  They are all based on city flags.

31 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

main-qimg-6e37ab79b35d1156c85d57320fc6a1a5-c