Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The decoration is from the city flag.  They are all based on city flags.

Ah, that makes sense now.  They're not insects, it's their interpretation of a laurel wreath.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

(per someone who I believe to be reliable, but who knows if it's true?)

Draft Cap logo has been leaked/disclosed:

IMG_1632002.jpg

WHOA!

SAR I

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

New Era is the Official headwear licensee for the NFL. All the stocking caps, visors and ball caps you see players and coaches wear  are made by them, not Nike.

I get what you're saying, I know New Era wasn't involved in the new design. However, as a  NFL licensee, they have received the Nike end result design for production of their newly styled head wear which will have the new(?) colors and logo.

Totally agree that New Era, as a licensee will get the Nike end result.  I dont agree that they have it today.  Theres too much at stake, the whole secrecy aspect of the release for one to tell me that the unreleased logo and colors have been handed off to a primary competitor who has no stake in keeping things secret.  Youre struggling to keep it secret within your own company and youre going to handed it to another?  I find it hard to believe that they have to give away designs that arent even out yet.  

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Created?=

My kid could redo their logo to the one on the hat on photoshop in under 1 minute.

Why?

Because working over 4 years you dont present the same exact logo, remove the "NY" from the background, insert "New York" over the top portion and ask the client, "what do you think"?

And the best question, do you think Nike, working on a uniform and logo redo for the Jets, one that the Jets and the NFL don't want leaked to anyone anywhere would hand the new logo, the new colors etc to New Era??????

LOL, come on 4/4, please get here, we're all getting crazy

New Era is the official hat maker of the NFL. Like official NFL hats are made by them, this is as official as can be.

Remember when no one wanted to believe that the Titans were keeping the flaming thumbtack so their leaks had to be fake?

And I’m not being crazy simply because I can accept the evidence as evidence. This is a perfectly fine logo as part of a bigger reveal. I don’t know why everyone’s become a conspiracy theorist.

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

New Era is the official hat maker of the NFL. Like official NFL hats are made by them, this is as official as can be.

Remember when no one wanted to believe that the Titans were keeping the flaming thumbtack so their leaks had to be fake?

And I’m not being crazy simply because I can accept the evidence as evidence. This is a perfectly fine logo as part of a bigger reveal. I don’t know why everyone’s become a conspiracy theorist.

Dude if it took the Jets & Nike 5 years to come up with that logo than they are freaking pathetic. Its a tweak of the current. They will be going in a new direction. Love it or hate it think Oregon uniforms thats where the Jets are headed.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I get that but nothing Mike has done is official or has been released.  Idont see them giving it up.....yet. 

There is nothing official about the hat we've seen, its a New Era draft cap.  Nothing more.  Just like other caps theyve made without a real logo on it over the years  

Youre being crazy when you think pretty much the same exact logo we've had since 1998 has had the background NY taken out of it, a NEW YORK added above and poof, we have a new logo.  And Nike along with the Jets OK handed it off thee days before the official release.  OK, thats not crazy thinking 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I get that but nothing Mike has done is official or has been released.  Idont see them giving it up.....yet. 

There is nothing official about the hat we've seen, its a New Era draft cap.  Nothing more.  Just like other caps theyve made without a real logo on it over the years  

Mike who? 

11 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Dude if it took the Jets & Nike 5 years to come up with that logo than they are freaking pathetic. Its a tweak of the current. They will be going in a direction. Love it or hate it think Oregon uniforms thats where the Jets are headed.

Dude but also this new logo is an upgrade, it’s way cleaner and modern. And in no ways is it all of the change that is coming.

If anyone gave any credence to the reddit leak that describe the colors as green apple, limelight and Jet Black, that same poster confirmed that this is 1 of the Jets logos that will exist.

• Haha 1

If none of these leaks are the actual uniform, I find it amazing how its been kept a secret.  Think about the all the workers involved making these super secret uniforms (lol)...and all the outlets that will be selling them.  It's almost unreal to accomplish it.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike who? 

LOL, Nike, spell checked.  Sorry

I don't mind the leaked logo. I like the current uniform, so if all they did was freshen it up a bit, that's fine by me.

I wouldn't mind one bit if we simply went with the leaked logo, and the white-out uniform. Clean and simple, yet sharp.

3 hours ago, UpperDecker317 said:

This is 100% just a placeholder right now. Between this and the logo we saw in the One Jets Drive, no doubt this is NOT the logo. Do you really think the Jets would allow the new logo to be shown in a promo video??? Come on now

it's the Draft Cap logo for 2019.  That doesn't mean it will be the main logo or helmet logo.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre being crazy when you think pretty much the same exact logo we've had since 1998 has had the background NY taken out of it, a NEW YORK added above and poof, we have a new logo.  And Nike along with the Jets OK handed it off thee days before the official release.  OK, thats not crazy thinking 

Nobody okay’d it. It’s a leak, leaks aren’t okay’d. The people that leaked it didn’t even have sales images to post before they showed the actual hat. They even said they didn’t know if they had the hat prior to the video stream. 

Again, In 2012 New Era became the official provider of sideline and draft hats for the NFL. They make and design all of the hats for the NFL draft and that you’ll see on the sideline. They’re not some random licensee, they’re the provider of products for the league.

I don’t understand why you guys think that the logo would get major changes. It’s a uniform update. The uniform can be radically different with a similar logo...

• Upvote 2

Those dudes on you tube gave  a few hours notice that they would reveal the draft caps.  I can't imagine the "Secret" Police of the Jets and Nike didn't catch wind of this and contact them. 

Because of the black part of the hat it does make this more of a toss up as to the fact if this is the real deal.  Perhaps it is our alternate logo.  Something very basic and used sparingly. 

How many hours left?

26 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Dude if it took the Jets & Nike 5 years to come up with that logo than they are freaking pathetic. Its a tweak of the current. They will be going in a new direction. Love it or hate it think Oregon uniforms thats where the Jets are headed.

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

The idea is to update/refresh a known brand. Not throw it completely away. 

SAR I

21 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Those dudes on you tube gave  a few hours notice that they would reveal the draft caps.  I can't imagine the "Secret" Police of the Jets and Nike didn't catch wind of this and contact them. 

Because of the black part of the hat it does make this more of a toss up as to the fact if this is the real deal.  Perhaps it is our alternate logo.  Something very basic and used sparingly. 

How many hours left?

They also said they were not allowed to say if the Jets one was the official one, so my guess is that Nike and the Jets were both aware of the revealing of the Caps in Europe.  I'm still going with it's just a placeholder.  They didn't design something for 4 years to have a hat shop in Germany blow it all up because street dates are different there.

The logo very well might be real, but I don't believe it's indicative of the colors, design, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

That is cool and creepy at the same time.

fullsizeoutput_b.thumb.jpeg.7da6e5ec13de07c91bcc3e0918d6c0b4.jpeg

15 minutes ago, prime21 said:

How many hours left?

Have any of you ever gone on the Jets shop site and scrolled through the hundreds and hundreds of hats they sell there.  There are all kinds of different logos, colors, patterns etc. etc.  Hell, last year's draft cap was predominantly grey:

new-york-jets-2018-nfl-draft-on-stage-gr

This youtube reveal of the draft cap means nothing about what the new uniforms will look like.

• Upvote 1

4/4 is shaping up to be a glorious day.  Going to the Mets home opener with my son for the 12th consecutive year (he's going off to college in the fall so this will be the last one for a few years) and then I come home to view the Jets uniform reveal.  Good times! 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Nobody okay’d it. It’s a leak, leaks aren’t okay’d. The people that leaked it didn’t even have sales images to post before they showed the actual hat. They even said they didn’t know if they had the hat prior to the video stream. 

Again, In 2012 New Era became the official provider of sideline and draft hats for the NFL. They make and design all of the hats for the NFL draft and that you’ll see on the sideline. They’re not some random licensee, they’re the provider of products for the league.

They arent leaks

New Era as a licensed provider can make up caps for the draft.  Doesnt have to be the actual logo or colors the team is wearing.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They also said they were not allowed to say if the Jets one was the official one, so my guess is that Nike and the Jets were both aware of the revealing of the Caps in Europe.  I'm still going with it's just a placeholder.  They didn't design something for 4 years to have a hat shop in Germany blow it all up because street dates are different there.

The logo very well might be real, but I don't believe it's indicative of the colors, design, etc.

German logo is NOT the newly designed one. We can rest easy. It would be a PR disaster to hype up everything just for that smallest of tweaks.

4/4 has been asvertised as a complete rebranding, not just uniform tweaks. All the info we’ve gotten has also stated ever design, colors, etc are all brand new.

For all the old timers who want to keep Jets “tradition” and “brand” let me say we have no current brand. A “tradition” based on one great season, is no tradition at all. We have an iconic moment in league history. But that’s it. Don’t feel nostalgic. There’s nothing in the rearview to look at.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

main-qimg-6e37ab79b35d1156c85d57320fc6a1a5-c

always wanted to put some flame out the back and football shaped bombs on your avatar, love your avatar though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

The idea is to update/refresh a known brand. Not throw it completely away. 

SAR I

Our brand is non existent. It’s not a franchise of any tradition. We aren’t the steelers, cowboys, giants, packers, 49ers, raiders, patriots. We aren’t even a historic team without much success (i.e. browns, bears).

There is no tradition or brand that holds long term value. The idea here is...exactly to move on from our current lack of identity.

You will see a complete revamp. There is nothing to hold onto historically, except for one great iconic season. That alone does not forbade this team from rebranding. The aforementioned teams can’t do a complete overhaul because their very essence is synonymous with their logo and uniform.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWdDjXO4sGIva5s_KbDy4

Whatever they do, I really hope there is a chrome/gunmetal helmet with all whites option. Work the green into the numbers.

Our current logo and any derivative of it sucks. Need a new design metaphor and with it all new symbols. Old airline Jets are lame as ****. Military jets. Modern ones. Aggression and pride in our armed services. 

Cannot wait for you all to melt down over this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally agree that New Era, as a licensee will get the Nike end result.  I dont agree that they have it today.  Theres too much at stake, the whole secrecy aspect of the release for one to tell me that the unreleased logo and colors have been handed off to a primary competitor who has no stake in keeping things secret.  Youre struggling to keep it secret within your own company and youre going to handed it to another?  I find it hard to believe that they have to give away designs that arent even out yet.  

But they do.

Don't think when I say that I mean there are X amount of hats coming off some type of production line this morning as we speak, seen by every employee they have in Buffalo NY.

The family member I spoke of who works there isn't a laborer. He is head of the team there that works with another of the major sports leagues and its affiliates. He hasn't seen (or at least that's what he tells me) anything, but the people who run the NFL division have seen it. Color dyes, and combinations, especially ones not used in other product must be made ready. New logo designs need to be on hand in order to be incorporated in the '19 season designs also.

As an official NFL licensee they have to abide by any NDA the league, and team required them to agree to. As a official NFL licensee (just as Nike is) which specializes in headwear only they are not in direct competition here with Nike, rather they are pseudo partners under the NFL Apparel umbrella. As you can imagine it's a lucrative contract, and one that they make sure is complied with. 

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Our brand is non existent. It’s not a franchise of any tradition. We aren’t the steelers, cowboys, giants, packers, 49ers, raiders, patriots. We aren’t even a historic team without much success (i.e. browns, bears).

There is no tradition or brand that holds long term value. The idea here is...exactly to move on from our current lack of identity.

You will see a complete revamp. There is nothing to hold onto historically, except for one great iconic season. That alone does not forbade this team from rebranding. The aforementioned teams can’t do a complete overhaul because their very essence is synonymous with their logo and uniform.

I agree with this. We aren’t a classic team. I am in favor of a total rebrand like the Seahawks did. Time to usher in a new era and leave the old garbage behind 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1