Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, peebag said:

What do you want to see in a uniform?

Personally, or in general terms?

Personally, I want to see a shade of green I like as the primary color (not white, as with the current uniforms).

Personally, I want to see a new logo, and I'm not a fan of the 60's/Parcells Era Logo, it's boring and uninspired.

Personally, I'd like to see the franchise stop living in 1969, simply wearing a variation of that Uni won't win Super Bowls.

Personally, I do not want to see black at all.

In General terms, all that really matters is that most fans like it, and it sells as much as possible to provide revenue for the team, because the NFL is a business.

As I've said for ages, I LOVE the 80's era Uniforms, and have long wanted to see us wear them as a once-a-year throwback.  But I don't expect that I'll be any happier than you all with whatever designs we get.  Odds are it won't be much of a redesign tbqh.  Just minor sh*t people will still freak out over (a la pickle pants, heaven forbid we wear more green).

Odds are, we'll still be Gang White long into the future.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nonsense. Here is my Starter jacket from middle school and it's still dope AF.

261236_10100727402321799_7647148_n.jpg

NICE!  I am in the minority I know, but I like the black!  I still have my Black starter jacket with the 80s JETS logo in green across the front (the one Parcells wore all the time in '97).  Still use that when I go to the gym at 5 AM in the winter months!!

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I'd like to see the franchise stop living in 1969, simply wearing a variation of that Uni won't win Super Bowls.

Wearing a variation of any uniform, won't win you Super Bowls. Stocking the offices with smart, talented, creative people, goes a long way towards that goal. Personally, I would love the Jets to hint at changes to their scouting department, not black jerseys because it's what will get the kids excited. Surrounding Darnold with talent, will get us where we want to go.

I get that you aren't crazy about the current design, but look at every new uniform design in the Nike era, and tell me which one of those you like. Maybe they'll have JETS down the side of the pant, or a really hip oversized logo on the helmet. Ooh, maybe they'll do something really jazzy to perk up those old boring numerals.

The Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys are living in the past. Classic uniforms, historic franchises.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

What do you want to see in a uniform?

Not directed at me, but I would like to see a new color green more like the Kelly Green. I would like it to be primarily green and white but I am open to adding a new color, but not black. That just seems so unoriginal and played out. I think either blue or gold from the Titans uniform could be used well if done sparingly, and would be a nice nod to our history. I would love to see a completely new logo. And whatever design it is avoid the whole patchwork quilt effect so many of the Nike uniforms get. 

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

NICE!  I am in the minority I know, but I like the black!  I still have my Black starter jacket with the 80s JETS logo in green across the front (the one Parcells wore all the time in '97).  Still use that when I go to the gym at 5 AM in the winter months!!

I don't think you're in the minority at all. That's what makes me sad.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not directed at me, but I would like to see a new color green more like the Kelly Green. I would like it to be primarily green and white but I am open to adding a new color, but not black. That just seems so unoriginal and played out. I think either blue or gold from the Titans uniform could be used well if done sparingly, and would be a nice nod to our history. I would love to see a completely new logo. And whatever design it is avoid the whole patchwork quilt effect so many of the Nike uniforms get. 

I hope the team does not incorporate any NY Titans uniform colors. Blue, and dark blue/navy in particular, is a color used by so many NFL teams. There's also enough deep yellow/gold out there.  Returning to a Kelly green would provide a visual distinction that would be welcome especially when compared with the glut of dark themed colors/uniforms.

• Sympathy 1

It's scary to think the Jets might screw this up. Imagine we finally get a QB that doesn't suck ass but it's the new uniforms that suck ass instead.  

I just hope they hired a professional design firm and not some saggy pants Monster Energy culture fuknuts arranged by Jamal Adams.

Trivia: Jets and Colts are currently the only two-tone NFL teams   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, teptep said:

I hope the team does not incorporate any NY Titans uniform colors. Blue, and dark blue/navy in particular, is a color used by so many NFL teams. There's also enough deep yellow/gold out there.  Returning to a Kelly green would provide a visual distinction that would be welcome especially when compared with the glut of dark themed colors/uniforms.

I agree about the ugly Titans colors but the problem with kelly green as a stand alone color is it's too limpdick visually. That's why black was added as a reinforcement to give it a harder edge. People forget the uniforms have to read on a large field not just a computer monitor.

35 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I agree about the ugly Titans colors but the problem with kelly green as a stand alone color is it's too limpdick visually. That's why black was added as a reinforcement to give it a harder edge. People forget the uniforms have to read on a large field not just a computer monitor.

O God PLEASE no Titans crap!!!  My kids are currently 13 and 11, and the ONLY Jets game we went to as a family was against the Jags back in week 2 of 2011.  And guess what unis the Jets wore that day?  So pi$$ed!!!  We are going to the home opener this year and they better not pull another stunt like that again!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I'm sure many won't agree, but I think these look pretty good on the field (the brawl not withstanding):

Also the Rams' uniforms are spectacular here as well.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah I'd agree on the green. It was fine back in the mid-late 90s when the country suddenly discovered hunter green and used it everywhere, but it hasn't been "in" for some time. Also agree on using black as the dominant color. I'm meh on the blue/gold, though to each his own.

But then I don't really care all that much lol. They could wear pink and purple plaid with a heart-shaped logo for all I care if they win a SB. OK maybe not that, but you know what I mean lol.

While I personally do want black, it isn't as a primary color, but more like an etching between the green and white stripes, or an outline around the numbers kinda like the eagles have 3 or 4 colors, but instead have us just dd the 3rd between the green and white.

Even a heather grey, or charcoal grey would be nice.

Maybe I'm reading into this a little more than I should, but I don't think its by chance we introduced the black practice squad jerseys.  I think that would a motive to get some feedback of having black incorporated into the uniform before it launches, so they can make any necessary tweaks or changes.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

It's scary to think the Jets might screw this up. Imagine we finally get a QB that doesn't suck ass but it's the new uniforms that suck ass instead.  

I just hope they hired a professional design firm and not some saggy pants Monster Energy culture fuknuts arranged by Jamal Adams.

Trivia: Jets and Colts are currently the only two-tone NFL teams   

Actually the Colts use gray in their facemask, so technically they are not two tone.

43 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

While I personally do want black, it isn't as a primary color, but more like an etching between the green and white stripes, or an outline around the numbers kinda like the eagles have 3 or 4 colors, but instead have us just dd the 3rd between the green and white.

Even a heather grey, or charcoal grey would be nice.

Maybe I'm reading into this a little more than I should, but I don't think its by chance we introduced the black practice squad jerseys.  I think that would a motive to get some feedback of having black incorporated into the uniform before it launches, so they can make any necessary tweaks or changes.

I will see ur heather grey and raise u heather oatmeal.

1 hour ago, teptep said:

I'm sure many won't agree, but I think these look pretty good on the field (the brawl not withstanding):

Also the Rams' uniforms are spectacular here as well.

I liked them 10 years later (Boomer time) when they had the black outlining, and black on the helmets instead of the white.

I really just miss the green helmets.  white is just so bland....

• Sympathy 1

I dont mind a little black as a secondary color, just dont want it as a primary color

3 hours ago, SnackExchange said:

Wearing a variation of any uniform, won't win you Super Bowls.

We've established that.  

Stocking the offices with smart, talented, creative people, goes a long way towards that goal.

Obviously.

Personally, I would love the Jets to hint at changes to their scouting department, not black jerseys because it's what will get the kids excited.

Because the Scouts decide what the Uniforms look like?

Here is a hint, scouts scout, marketing people market.  

And if we change the uni's, it's pure, distilled capitalist marketing behind it.

Surrounding Darnold with talent, will get us where we want to go.

Obviously.

I get that you aren't crazy about the current design, but look at every new uniform design in the Nike era, and tell me which one of those you like. Maybe they'll have JETS down the side of the pant, or a really hip oversized logo on the helmet. Ooh, maybe they'll do something really jazzy to perk up those old boring numerals.

old.jpg

I'm sure you hate all the music put out after 1978 too.  

Look, I get ya, but it's not about old folks or folks who like old folks things.

If Marketing thinks it'll sell more swag to the kids today, or women, or whatever market they want to exploit, then that's what they'll do.

My explaining it does not = me supporting it, per se.  But it's silly to object to it.

The Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys are living in the past. Classic uniforms, historic franchises.

Three of the most boring uniforms in the NFL, and without their dozens of Super Bowls, they'd have been materially changed by now too (and if fact, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have changed in a number of less material ways over the years).

Make you a deal, after the Jets win 6 super Bols in their "Gang White" uniforms, I'll happily stand at your shoulder to shake my fist at clouds too.

Till then, I and you will just have to accept what Jets Marketing decides and hope it's not too sh*t.

29 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

I dont mind a little black as a secondary color, just dont want it as a primary color

Agreed. I definitely hate the Saints all black pants/socks/shoes look. Black ballet garb on 300-lb men is painful on the eyes.

The Jets whites were always my fave Jets unis.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

We've established that.  

Obviously.

Because the Scouts decide what the Uniforms look like?

Here is a hint, scouts scout, marketing people market.  

And if we change the uni's, it's pure, distilled capitalist marketing behind it.

Obviously.

old.jpg

I'm sure you hate all the music put out after 1978 too.  

Look, I get ya, but it's not about old folks or folks who like old folks things.

If Marketing thinks it'll sell more swag to the kids today, or women, or whatever market they want to exploit, then that's what they'll do.

My explaining it does not = me supporting it, per se.  But it's silly to object to it.

Three of the most boring uniforms in the NFL, and without their dozens of Super Bowls, they'd have been materially changed by now too (and if fact, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have changed in a number of less material ways over the years).

Make you a deal, after the Jets win 6 super Bols in their "Gang White" uniforms, I'll happily stand at your shoulder to shake my fist at clouds too.

Till then, I and you will just have to accept what Jets Marketing decides and hope it's not too sh*t.

Twist, misinterpret, and assume. Man, you really are a master debater. 

• Haha 1