Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

40 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Kind of a silly batch of comments. It’s reminiscent of the old Yankees symbol
Of having the N and the Y on top of each other. Good enough for the Mets to copy it too. Same era and very classic.

I get people preferring something new but to say that this one is a mess is just Not accurate. Not liking it is one thing but the symbolism has stood the test of time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Mets did NOT take the interlocking NY from the Yankees. They DID take the idea of pinstriping the uniform from them. Although many think the blue and orange colors were chosen because they are NY state's colors, this wasn't the case. They are a combination of Dodger blue and Giants orange.

The rest of the original Mets uniform was a combination of the Yankees and those two National League NY teams which moved to the West Coast. The NY on their hats is the old NY Giants logo. The player numbers on the front of the shirt and team script are from the Brooklyn Dodgers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Kind of a silly batch of comments. It’s reminiscent of the old Yankees symbol
Of having the N and the Y on top of each other. Good enough for the Mets to copy it too. Same era and very classic.

I get people preferring something new but to say that this one is a mess is just Not accurate. Not liking it is one thing but the symbolism has stood the test of time.

Keep in mind the Mets didnt steal their logo from the Yanks.  The logo is the NY Giants baseball logo. 

And the NY Giants logo is older than the Yankee logo.  Giants were around long before the Yankees.   So you could say the N over the Y was stolen from the Giants but in actuality the Yankees stole the logo from Tiffany and Co., who made the logo only to have the Yankees steal it from them.

Mets uniforms are a conglomeration.  Blue and orange colors from the Giants and Dodgers, logo from the Giants, pinstripes from the Yanks

• Sympathy 1

You misunderstood my point...I'm not saying the N and Y are on top of each other, I'm saying the word "Jets" is on top of the NY. It would be like the Yankees and Mets writing Yankees in front of the NY...doesn't make any sense and would ruin the interlocking NY.
Took separately, the "NY" is fine, the "Jets" is fine and the football I'm kind of meh about but it's fine....but the way they designed all of those elements together violates all kinds of design rules. 

So you’re saying it’s groundbreaking lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UpperDecker317 said:

I may punch myself in the face reading some of these comments. They did a complete overhaul of the logo. THAT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL LOGO! Calm down, take a deep breath, and remind yourself you will see the real thing in 2 days!:cheers:

gdgdfgd.jpg

Just a reminder.

SAR I

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UpperDecker317 said:

I may punch myself in the face reading some of these comments. They did a complete overhaul of the logo. THAT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL LOGO! Calm down, take a deep breath, and remind yourself you will see the real thing in 2 days!:cheers:

Because you said so?

• WTF? 1

On 3/31/2019 at 9:34 AM, IndianaJet said:

So reading through this post....it made me think of something we saw earlier in this thread.

Read the descriptions of the colors I highlighted above, as well as the emphasis this guy says the uniforms have of a connection to the "city" and then look at these:

crew.png

Big Apple Green - Deep shade of green....but richer than Kelly Green 

Limelight - Bright neon green with an almost yellow tinge

And the references to the city and numbers so big they're supposed to make you think of buildings...what's in the background of those shirts -  Buildings

This guy may have actually seen the unis....or...he may have seen this picture and is just making it all up based upon these crop tops.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, prime21 said:

The Reddit poster said: 

Those helmets are something you need to see, not have described to you. I don’t want to give you an impression that could sway how you feel about them before you see them."

Everything he described he could have got from the pics above and of course without a helmet to see he went with that absurd response when asked.

Based off of these descriptions I guess my hope would be the colors are similar to Oregon's 2014 uniforms. It sounds like it could be a possibility that this is the inspiration for the new JETS uni (as far as colors). Obviously designed for the JETS with the new logo and different accents. The image below has the colors from that season, I am sure if the above colors are accurate then the "bright neon green almost yellow" would be similar to the uniform below and could be mixed in with the other green as a highlight color.

DucksJets.thumb.jpg.370ffb6b3b56dced3bd0ff98c44bc62c.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Keep in mind the Mets didnt steal their logo from the Yanks.  The logo is the NY Giants baseball logo. 
And the NY Giants logo is older than the Yankee logo.  Giants were around long before the Yankees.   So you could say the N over the Y was stolen from the Giants but in actuality the Yankees stole the logo from Tiffany and Co., who made the logo only to have the Yankees steal it from them.
Mets uniforms are a conglomeration.  Colors of the Giants and Dodgers, logo from the Giants, pinstripes from the Yanks

Wow man. They was pretty awesome. You know your stuff there. I was just pulling examples to support the idea. The history I don’t have. Good stuff

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gdgdfgd.jpg

Just a reminder.

SAR I

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/

A Jets jersey update

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me about the Jets’ new jerseys. I never knew these things mattered that much? Well, I finally have something for you. From talking to a couple of people who have seen them, I can say this is a complete redesign, not a tweak. The colors are new. The logo is new. The design is new. The primary jersey is kelly green, with numbers that “kinda look like Oregon’s.” There’s also a primarily-black alternate jersey. “They’re sick,” one person told me.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, islesmb said:

https://theathletic.com/869043/2019/03/15/thoughts-takeaways-and-a-new-jersey-update-assessing-the-jets-offseason-thus-far/

From talking to a couple of people who have seen them, I can say this is a complete redesign, not a tweak. The colors are new. The logo is new. The design is new. “They’re sick,” one person told me.

36821207814_bef72fa6c7_o.jpg

I'm not advocating this rendering, but I use it to make a point.  Imagine it with some black around the numbers and pant stripes, imagine it with the German Logo, imagine a home (lime) and alternate (black) too.

The design is new, the colors are new, the logo is new.  Looks like the Jets, very different design language, some would say this looks 'sick' and fresh.  But some would say they're "underwhelming" too.  Are the Dolphins new uniforms "underwhelming" because they resemble the Same Ol' Fish?  Or are they "sick" because they have modern fonts and a tweaked logo?

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not advocating this rendering, but I use it to make a point.  Imagine it with some black around the numbers and pant stripes, imagine it with the German Logo, imagine a home (lime) and alternate (black) too.

The design is new, the colors are new, the logo is new.  Looks like the Jets, very different design language, some would say this looks 'sick' and fresh.  But some would say they're "underwhelming" too.  Are the Dolphins new uniforms "underwhelming" because they resemble the Same Ol' Fish?  Or are they "sick" because they have modern fonts and a tweaked logo?

SAR I

Those are some of the worst shared so far.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I never knew they did this for you.  Is it only Jets gear or anything off the sites?

I am not sure, I should know but I don't. In theory they have a tracking cookie and it would work for every site. I will try to find out, thanks.

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I wouldn't mind those.