Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

What is your expectation about the new uniforms?  In the past couple of years I thought the Jets' uniforms looked great and they should've left well enough alone.  I'm expecting that I'll think the new ones will be worse than the current uniforms.  I'm just hoping they don't royally screw them up.  I don't want the team to look like clowns when Darnold finally wins us a Superbowl.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'm going with a matte green/black combo helmet...it will match the white/green/black uni's equally. 

matte black with a normal gloss green or white stripe would be sick

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We havent been advised of anything

A blogger, claims he heard it from someone who told him he saw them.

Excuse me if I'm not buying any of this nonsense.  

What you should buy is that the colors and logo shown on the draft hat are our colors and logo.

Every other draft hat for every other NFL team shows colors that are 100% in their uniform, not a single team's cap features a color that isn't on there or missing.  Draft caps match the jersey's.  We are going with something very close to Eagles green, Eagles accent colors, and a slight modernization of our 50 year old traditional logo.

Yes, we will have an alternate "NY" logo like we've always had, perhaps that swoosh thing with a take on the 80's script.  Yes, we will have alternate jersey's in some sort of Seahawk "limelight green" and some sort of Raven "all-black".  But its time to wrap your brain around the concept that our standard home green Jets jersey is going to have the colors of the draft hat.

SAR I

befaft.jpg

From a design standpoint, feels about the same level of before/after going on here.

"NY" is gone, the "J" is the same size as the rest of the letters, the letters are pushed together more tightly, the football looks like a football, and the oval looks like a football.

Glance at the Dolphins modernized logo, same degree of sameness/change.  The German Logo would be Eagles green and bright white of course.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why are you guessing at the new uniforms?  I thought you know what the colors are and the design.  Are you now admitting you were/are full of it?

I know the primary and secondary colors of the helmet and the overall vibe/strategy of the uniform.

I do not know the shades of the primary and secondary colors of the helmet nor do I know the degree of execution of the vibe/strategy of the uniform.  Thus the guessing on that front.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I know the primary and secondary colors of the helmet and the overall vibe/strategy of the uniform.

I do not know the shades of the primary and secondary colors of the helmet nor do I know the degree of execution of the vibe/strategy of the uniform.  Thus the guessing on that front.

SAR I

Wtf did I just read?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

befaft.jpg

From a design standpoint, feels about the same level of before/after going on here.

"NY" is gone, the "J" is the same size as the rest of the letters, the letters are pushed together more tightly, the football looks like a football, and the oval looks like a football.

Glance at the Dolphins modernized logo, same degree of sameness/change.  The German Logo would be Eagles green and bright white of course.

SAR I

Good comparison but are you comparing helmet logos?  I would be very surprised if they used that  new logo on the helmets.  I would think maybe just a patch somewhere on the new uni's.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What you should buy is that the colors and logo shown on the draft hat are our colors and logo.

Every other draft hat for every other NFL team shows colors that are 100% in their uniform, not a single team's cap features a color that isn't on there or missing.  Draft caps match the jersey's.  We are going with something very close to Eagles green, Eagles accent colors, and a slight modernization of our 50 year old traditional logo.

Yes, we will have an alternate "NY" logo like we've always had, perhaps that swoosh thing with a take on the 80's script.  Yes, we will have alternate jersey's in some sort of Seahawk "limelight green" and some sort of Raven "all-black".  But its time to wrap your brain around the concept that our standard home green Jets jersey is going to have the colors of the draft hat.

SAR I

I'm wrapping my brain around how many different sure fire predictions youve made, the ones before this coming from first Chris Johnson and then from a helmet manufacturer.  SO why are you know sure based on the Youtube video?  When does Scot, bullshlt artist disappear?

Anyone who thinks the Jets have been hiding the logo for a year when the announcement was made, came up with this nonsense logo after 4 years of work on a new look, has no idea how these things work. Yeah, bold, BADASSED.  Who thinks that an obvious placeholder cap is indicative of the teams colors, keeps asking why grey isnt a part of the cap as if it makes a bit of difference?  LOL, OK.  

But wait, you actually have news for us?  The uniforms, they're going to have green at home and white and green on the road?  Whoa, really?  Thank god two kids from Germany showed a hat on Youtube.  Nostradamus would be proud.  

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

befaft.jpgLOL, yeah, the 

SAR I

Heres the thing.  The Dolphins told all that they were tweaking the uniform.  Not that they were going for a whole new look

Not coming out with a bold new, bad ass design to bring in a new age of the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm wrapping my brain around how many different sure fire predictions youve made, the ones before this coming from first Chris Johnson and then from a helmet manufacturer.  SO why are you know sure based on the Youtube video?  When does Scot, bullshlt artist disappear?

Anyone who thinks the Jets have been hiding the logo for a year when the announcement was made, came up with this nonsense logo after 4 years of work on a new look, has no idea how these things work. Yeah, bold, BADASSED.  Who thinks that an obvious placeholder cap is indicative of the teams colors, keeps asking why grey isnt a part of the cap as if it makes a bit of difference?  LOL, OK.  

But wait, you actually have news for us?  The uniforms, they're going to have green at home and white and green on the road?  Whoa, really?  Thank god two kids from Germany showed a hat on Youtube.  Nostradamus would be proud.  

Wanna place a bet? 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Wanna place a bet? 

LOL, you got that right.

That's not a "placeholder hat".  The NFL expects to sell tens of thousands of them and no one is going to buy them on April 25 if they are trumped by a sexier/cooler logo and a sexier/cooler color scheme on April 4.

Those are the team colors for our helmets and at least our primary home jersey.  That's the appropriate conclusion to draw.

SAR I

With the amount of hype they've drummed up, they must have something more drastic on tap than what this simple logo update infers. I feel like they could have started sprinkling this logo into their branding months ago if this was all there was to it.

Not talking about the unis, just the logo/branding revamp.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, you got that right.

That's not a "placeholder hat".  The NFL expects to sell tens of thousands of them and no one is going to buy them on April 25 if they are trumped by a sexier/cooler logo and a sexier/cooler color scheme on April 4.

Those are the team colors for our helmets and at least our primary home jersey.  That's the appropriate conclusion to draw.

SAR I

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/hats/o-2483+d-75774453+z-97273-2493572557?pageSize=72&sortOption=TopSellers

You know how they insured that they will sell all those hats?

By not listing it on their licensed website and not selling it.

While every other team is for sale.  Find the Jets, BET you or whoever cant.  Odd 

The only conclusion to draw, LOL

And please, stop telling people that the colors will be green, white and black.  We got that, everybody does

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres the thing.  The Dolphins told all that they were tweaking the uniform.  Not that they were going for a whole new look

Not coming out with a bold new, bad ass design to bring in a new age of the Jets.  

Hold on.

The uniform can be, and I expect it to be, "bold and badass".  But colors and logos are potentially a different story.  And those have been released now.  The Dolphins logo only changed a touch and the Dolphins colors only changed a slight shade but their new duds are bolder than the prior versions.  We can still look like the Ducks/Seahawks some of us imagine the uni's to be and use the colors and logo that was leaked today. 

I believe that the draft cap indicates the colors and logo of our primary/home jersey.  Feel free to disagree.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hold on.

The uniform can be, and I expect it to be, "bold and badass".  But colors and logos are potentially a different story.  And those have been released now.  The Dolphins logo only changed a touch and the Dolphins colors only changed a slight shade but their new duds are bolder than the prior versions.  We can still look like the Ducks/Seahawks some of us imagine the uni's to be and use the colors and logo that was leaked today. 

I believe that the draft cap indicates the colors and logo of our primary/home jersey.  Feel free to disagree.

SAR I

So now its back to their colors will be green, white and some black?

Like I said, Nostradamus. 

No one, anywhere has ever really disagreed with this.  Pat yourself on the back

Again, why are the Jet caps, with the new logo, not for sale?  If it isnt going to replaced shortly?  Why is that?  Come on, come up with something

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I believe that today's latest and last Jets video tease would indicate the colors.

• Sympathy 1