Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What that its the actual logo?

Youre betting that SARs imagination is a sure thing?

You have got to be kidding or youre a degenerate gambler.  

Wait-  so you think the likely scenario is that New Era and the NFL conspired to create a one-off phony hat in the hopes that a couple of sweaty Germans in a garage would leak it on YouTube to create hype in New York City.  LOL. 

In your mind it can't be that it's just a shipping blunder and a good old fashioned retail leak like every other NFL uniform updated since 2002?  Ha ha ha.

This is good. This may make it onto Boomer & Gio tomorrow morning. Have you done press interviews before?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, why are the Jet caps, with the new logo, not for sale?  If it isnt going to replaced shortly?  Why is that?  Come on, come up with something

Because the NFL never intended for two smelly Germans in bad costume to leak the new Jets colors and logo, that's why.  And outside of a handful of dorks on social media no one knows it leaked.  The German cap will go on sale on Thursday night as planned on NFL.com, shocker.

Are you high?   Nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly legal in some states and it would explain your bizarre theory.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I don’t see them having grey.

- white jersey + “eagles” green numbers 

- black jersey + “limelight” green numbers 

I would have loved a green and grey setup but it's not happening. The draft cap tells all. 

Maybe the NFL develops a non-color rush event, and everyone goes grey.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wait-  so you think the likely scenario is that New Era and the NFL conspired to create a one-off phony hat in the hopes that a couple of sweaty Germans in a garage would leak it on YouTube to create hype in New York City.  LOL. 

In your mind it can't be that it's just a shipping blunder and a good old fashioned retail leak like every other NFL uniform updated since 2002?  Ha ha ha.

This is good. This may make it onto Boomer & Gio tomorrow morning. Have you done press interviews before?

SAR I

The Germans have the right hat, they were also given permission to release it.

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm sorry, but they wouldn't go through all that secrecy and hype for the final logo to be revealed on a German draft cap stream, which is just the same exact logo we have now but with "New York" spelled out. With the logo and color scheme not at all matching the new flight crew uni's.

Piece it together people.

How long have you watched the Jets operate? I’ve watched them 40+ years, so seeing their carefully laid plans undone by some dudes in a basement in Germany somewhere pieces things together just the way I would have expected. The fact those caps remain hidden in the U.S. tells you all you need to know that the Germans leaked the new logo. 

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I worked my way through college at OTB.  I was right, you're a degenerate gambler who actually believe he has facts.  Because you saw the only cap the NFL isn't selling.  Lol, why?

Because Thursday is only two days from Tuesday and the NFL doesn't want to leak the Jets new identity to gain zero sales of an ugly draft cap a month before the draft actually takes place. 

SAR I

• WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I worked my way through college at OTB.  I was right, you're a degenerate gambler who actually believe he has facts.  Because you saw the only cap the NFL isn't selling.  Lol, why?

1) I don’t know what OTB is...

2) Considering my family was wrecked and continues to suffer the consequences of gambling addiction, how about you cool it with the baseless accusations. 

3) I don’t think you know what a fact is.

• Haha 1

You can keep repeating this but the German guys had all those hats along with one for the Jets. So are you saying that they were sent one fake hat out of 32? If the NFL wanted to wait until Thursday to reveal, why not send only 31 hats instead of including a placeholder?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

You can keep repeating this but the German guys had all those hats along with one for the Jets. So are you saying that they were sent one fake hat out of 32? If the NFL wanted to wait until Thursday to reveal, why not send only 31 hats instead of including a placeholder?

Funny thing is, if we weren’t told there was going to be a big change nobody would have noticed the subtle change in that hat.  It’s barely a change.

• Upvote 3

After watching that German draft Cap video, I don't have any doubt it's legit.  That's the draft Cap.  Designed with team colors and state flag in mind.  That's the "new" logo.  As shown on the cover of the presentations in the first video tease.  Overall they kept it under wraps fairly well but it is kinda funny how this leaked.  The green is not as light as I thought it would be.  I just hope that logo won't be on the side of the helmets.  Bold it is not! "Unlike anything we've seen"? LOL. Ok, I'm only bashing the logo.  It's too bad none of the Jets management have any design sense, imo.  Hopefully the uni's will be more impressive.

88B566DD-4A00-411E-ADDE-358D5BB1FD3E.png

6C5562B4-D4AD-4A34-B223-0E1D924AA756.png

B7CAA497-D243-4FD4-BA2D-8F68DE50FA86.png

938B64ED-2743-4982-B961-266314658BAD.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

IMG_1632002.jpg

That logo is trash. This entire situation reminds me of our “stadium.” 

We were expecting so much from our new stadium but we settled for that air condition in Jersey. We’re currently expecting so much from our new jerseys yet we’re going to end up with this sh*tty ass logo. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

If that’s the new look well, The new logo looks like the current logo, nothing drastic has changed. All these people saying that there’s gonna be a new logo, new colours, badass, etc... only to get THAT?

I WANT ANSWERS!

4A63F926-7F96-4A1D-9BDD-6A73B6DCBDD8.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This isn’t even a logo.  It says New York jets in a football with a smaller football inside the bigger one.  

It’s the Jets brand but modernized and without the random serif NY in the oval. It’s a better version of what we had and it’s probably a small part of our big update. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

How is the logo “horrible”? It’s a modification of our current logo. If you don’t like the new logo, you don’t like the current logo. 

It’s simple, looks like a sports team, nothing fancy. I’m fine with it.

i am kind of baffled that people assumed that the jets would just throw away all of their brand identity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That logo is trash. This entire situation reminds me of our “stadium.” 

We were expecting so much from our new stadium but we settled for that air condition in Jersey. We’re currently expecting so much from our new jerseys yet we’re going to end up with this sh*tty ass logo. 

Are we really going to make this a SOJ situation?  Really?

It's an update to a classic AFL/NFL logo.  It's cleaned up and more modern. 

As for the uniform, we've added black as a color and the green looks more modern, just like the logo.  We're rumored to have an alternate all-black look, perhaps a lime alternate too.  It's supposed to be badass.  Supposed to feel like Manhattan.  Something the players will love.  Sounds youthful and edgy to me.

Colors and logos doth not a uniform make; let's have some faith for Thursday please.  Don't go all Fake Spike on us.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

How is the logo “horrible”? It’s a modification of our current logo. If you don’t like the new logo, you don’t like the current logo. 

i am kind of baffled that people assumed that the jets would just throw away all of their brand identity. 

I think people were expecting something different.  It has been 4 years in the making and they did tout "all new", "bold", and other adjectives.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

We're the New York Jets! Of NEW YORK!! 

*Never mind that we"re based and play in New Jersey. Read the logo!

The logo is a green oval, an oval with words in it. 

They need to stop with the pathetic inferiority complex and the need to remind people where they used to play,  get rid of all of the typeset, stop using an oval as a "logo" and just do a goddamn JET or something that invokes Jets or supersonic flight of some sort. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are we really going to make this a SOJ situation?  Really?

As for the uniform, we've added black as a color and the green looks more modern, just like the logo.  We're rumored to have an alternate all-black look, perhaps a lime alternate too.  It's supposed to be badass.  Supposed to feel like Manhattan.  Something the players will love.  Sounds youthful and edgy to me.

Colors and logos doth not a uniform make; let's have some faith for Thursday please.  Don't go all Fake Spike on us.

SAR I

Modern green...

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How is Jetnut getting trolled so hard over a logo, lol... meanwhile joewilly scours the internet for the lamest looking sh*t possible... is this whole thread like this?

You would have to be the most clueless person on the internet if you think I'm the one being trolled. 

But your unhealthy obsession with me continues on yet another thread.  Don't you feel like a stalker following me around, making these ridiculous claims?  You must have no life

• Upvote 1

Just now, nico002 said:

They did away with the top of the "J" protruding over the "ETS" from the original logo and carried through the 80's wordmark. This is more uniform with their font, but make the name look squat.  The "New York" is centered, but there is a strange negative space created with the "J" that makes it look off-center.  The one thing I like about this is that they returned the shape to more of a football shape, not an oval.  Still, I find this to be boring, nondescript and uninspired.  However, can there be any doubt that this is real? The Nike meeting video shows the same updated logo as the cap (albeit on a kelly green background).  

I still think this logo will not appear on the helmet and the helmet is the most important visual piece of the uniform.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think it's debatable which logo is more modern.  If you show someone unfamiliar with the logo, I'd bet they would pick the current logo as looking more modern.

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The football blocking the letters looks like Jimmy Walker's lips with Mr. Heyman's teeth.

It remeinds me of the Cleveland indian, and the old font style was better.

They made it wosre IMO.

16 minutes ago, nico002 said:

newjetslogo.jpg

+1

So many SOJ fans play the victim and act like 50 years of the classic oval logo means nothing, like we aren't a $3 Billion dollar entity with millions of fans.  The new logo is "same but different" just like the great revised logos of hundreds of companies from Apple to Pepsi.  It's fresh but it's got its roots in the AFL.  I like it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think people were expecting something different.  It has been 4 years in the making and they did tout "all new", "bold", and other adjectives.  

Loves hype videos.

Doesn't understand its hype.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

newjetslogo.jpg

+1

So many SOJ fans play the victim and act like 50 years of the classic oval logo means nothing, like we aren't a $3 Billion dollar entity with millions of fans.  The new logo is "same but different" just like the great revised logos of hundreds of companies from Apple to Pepsi.  It's fresh but it's got its roots in the AFL.  I like it.

SAR I

The NY Jets flying saucer lips.

• Haha 1

Also- just because the logo will remain classic doesn’t mean the uniforms won’t be significantly different.

i believe the black jersey won’t just be an alternate- but one of two primary jerseys- a white and a black. Most teams with Nike have two primary jerseys, not a bunch of alternates. I don’t think 50% of the hat would be black for just an occasional alternate.

It also seems that we will have a third color- a lighter green to go along with the colors in the hat.

i think these uniforms will be drastically different while keeping some of the spirit of our classic afl brand. 

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

The NY Jets flying saucer lips.

A “drone” once killed a fan at an NFL game

Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
lawnmower.jpg?w=303&h=215&crop=1

In recent years, the term “drone” has acquired a sinister feel, what with all the lethal firepower that unmanned military planes routinely carry and deploy.  So when a non-weaponized remote-controlled helicopter with simply a camera attached to it is called a “drone,” there’s a real difference.

But maybe not a huge difference.

In the wake of the news that a “drone” invaded the airspace of Bank of America Stadium during a recent preseason contest involving the Chiefs and the Panthers, Jim Celania of WFNZ in Charlotte mentioned this morning that a flying lawnmower once killed a fan at a game in the ’70s.

Initially, I assumed that Jim had simply doused his Post Toasties with something more potent than two-percent.  And while that’s still entirely possible, Jim was right.

It happened in December 1979, at Shea Stadium.  The Jets hosted the Patriots, and at halftime the Electronic Eagles of the Radio Control Association of Greater New York took the field, flying a collection of model airplanes.

During the show, a plane shaped like a lawnmower landed in the stands, striking 20-year-old John Bowen and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke.  Bowen, who reportedly “looked like he had been attacked by an ax,” underwent emergency surgery.  Several days later, Bowen died.

Criminal charges never were pursued, but a lawsuit later was filed against the Jets, the Radio Control Association of Greater New York, and Philip Cushman, who was flying the plane.

So, yeah, it’s probably a good idea for the NFL to ensure that “drones” don’t get anywhere close to the paying customers.  Otherwise, the paying customers will opt to watch the games from a place where the lawnmowers remain in the garage, with all wheels on the ground at all times.