Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He wasn't wearing this in today's Jets video tease.

Hat and carnation are nothing new for him and there are dozens of photos of him in that grey suit as well.  Google Images has them all.

Point is, he wears grey with hats and boutonnière's quite frequently.  Nothing should be read into the color of his suit, it's not a 'uniform'.  The tie and pocket square don't look custom, probably just the only green in his wardrobe.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You would have to be the most clueless person on the internet if you think I'm the one being trolled. 

But your unhealthy obsession with me continues on yet another thread.  Don't you feel like a stalker following me around, making these ridiculous claims?  You must have no life

Totes magotes.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hat and carnation are nothing new for him and there are dozens of photos of him in that grey suit as well.  Google Images has them all.

Point is, he wears grey with hats and boutonnière's quite frequently.  Nothing should be read into the color of his suit, it's not a 'uniform'.  The tie and pocket square don't look custom, probably just the only green in his wardrobe.

SAR I

Of course that is a possibility but not a given.  I would think the Jets would have a hand in picking out his wardrobe for this shoot though.  As opposed to letting him decide on his own what shade of color to wear.  Those extra matte glasses don't look like his usual pairs either.

• Haha 1

Heres the thing.  The Dolphins told all that they were tweaking the uniform.  Not that they were going for a whole new look
Not coming out with a bold new, bad ass design to bring in a new age of the Jets.  

That’s a tweak at best. On both sides. That will not be Jets logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Definitely the logo.  All the hats those guys have are on point,  no way the nfl slipped a decoy over to 2 kids in Germany.  I just can’t see how that logo would work on a green, black or grey helmet.  White helmet it could work, maybe the white helmet stays.  Also, Possible the logo is on the chest and or sleeves of the jersey with the helmet having just “NY” in that font.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Man, I live in San Diego but the whole Stadium thing pisses me off to this day. Agreeing to split that atrocity was the worst decision the Jets made in a really long time. Rent it for a while if needed but the Jets don't even have their OWN stadium. Seriously? And what do you want to bet that in 10 years the Giants and Jets do the same thing, in the same spot?

It breaks my heart. Not only is the stadium NOT in NYC, but we also have to share it with the Giants in New Jersey. 

MetLife is currently 70 minutes away from me so it’s not a bad drive but I’d rather drive to NY, pay a sh*t load of tolls, be stuck in traffic, as long as it is OUR stadium. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Are we really going to make this a SOJ situation?  Really?

It's an update to a classic AFL/NFL logo.  It's cleaned up and more modern. 

As for the uniform, we've added black as a color and the green looks more modern, just like the logo.  We're rumored to have an alternate all-black look, perhaps a lime alternate too.  It's supposed to be badass.  Supposed to feel like Manhattan.  Something the players will love.  Sounds youthful and edgy to me.

Colors and logos doth not a uniform make; let's have some faith for Thursday please.  Don't go all Fake Spike on us.

SAR I

You’re putting your faith in the New York Jets. Then again, you love the new stadium so who knows with you. 

23 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Definitely the logo.  All the hats those guys have are on point,  no way the nfl slipped a decoy over to 2 kids in Germany.  I just can’t see how that logo would work on a green, black or grey helmet.  White helmet it could work, maybe the white helmet stays.  Also, Possible the logo is on the chest and or sleeves of the jersey with the helmet having just “NY” in that font.

Every logo on every one of the 2019 NFL Draft Hats is the logo used on the side of the helmet of each NFL team.

The exceptions would be the Rams (horn pattern), Bengals (tiger stripes), and Browns (orange) which is customary for them as they don't have a traditional helmet logo design.  The Bears, however, eschewed their "C" for the teddy bear so perhaps there is a chance, albeit a small one, the Jets played it with an alternate logo.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You’re putting your faith in the New York Jets. Then again, you love the new stadium so who knows with you. 

First off, it's not a "new" stadium anymore.  This is our 10th season there.  Time to stop the whining and get onboard already.  It's a bowl with seats and a good view and that's enough.

I have faith in Christopher Johnson, Nike, and players like Jamal Adams-  all three of these uniform design influencers have a strong sense of taste and style.  Have faith.  I think it's going to look good.  And if today's leak on colors and logo is an indication, it's going to be a cool redesign of our classic look and our classic look was amazing and so we'll be in a good place.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Every logo on every one of the 2019 NFL Draft Hats is the logo used on the side of the helmet of each NFL team.
The exceptions would be the Rams (horn pattern), Bengals (tiger stripes), and Browns (orange) which is customary for them as they don't have a traditional helmet logo design.  The Bears, however, eschewed their "C" for the teddy bear so perhaps there is a chance, albeit a small one, the Jets played it with an alternate logo.
SAR I

That’s a lot of exceptions .....

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Not really related at all...but when I lived in Minot, ND between 2014 and 2016.....it was pretty common to see people at wal mart wearing these.  the Rough Riders are pretty popular.

What is wrong with this guy don't they know they are supposed to use a weird off color between the stripes so it looks like they made a mistake or are color blind? Seriously who the F do these guy think they are? Amateurs. It doesn't even look like they messed up there jerseys at all.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, y2k8 said:

This reminds me of the "Jets" logo they had on the 50 yard line in the late 90s.  The Meadowlands people stripped out the "NY" because, you know, New Jersey. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.31.09 PM.png

Just Another 1 of the Many reasons the Jets should have moved back to NY. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I believe that slate grey suit he’s wearing will play into the scheme somehow.

Interesting, Does the hat represent a black helmet perhaps?  This is the best thread ever for the offseason 

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

After watching that German draft Cap video, I don't have any doubt it's legit.  That's the draft Cap.  Designed with team colors and state flag in mind.  That's the "new" logo.  As shown on the cover of the presentations in the first video tease.  Overall they kept it under wraps fairly well but it is kinda funny how this leaked.  The green is not as light as I thought it would be.  I just hope that logo won't be on the side of the helmets.  Bold it is not! "Unlike anything we've seen"? LOL. Ok, I'm only bashing the logo.  It's too bad none of the Jets management have any design sense, imo.  Hopefully the uni's will be more impressive.

88B566DD-4A00-411E-ADDE-358D5BB1FD3E.png

6C5562B4-D4AD-4A34-B223-0E1D924AA756.png

B7CAA497-D243-4FD4-BA2D-8F68DE50FA86.png

938B64ED-2743-4982-B961-266314658BAD.png

vomit  :/

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

The video doesn't even have 2,500 views. Not only are those Germans crafty, but they are so stealthy too.

"Vee shall destroy zee New Yorker Jetz fabulous reveel and do itz in shtyle!  Franz, cawl zee factorie and make mee vun umbroided basketball cap!  Vee vill bee viral!  Zee world es hourz!"

SAR I

For you: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Interesting, Does the hat represent a black helmet perhaps?  This is the best thread ever for the offseason 

And the glasses. Don’t forget the glasses. That’s the face mask according to conspiracy theorists.

But what is the boutonnière? 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Looks like they took down the German video on YouTube!   Leak sealed!!! Lol 

5C56CCB0-D5F5-415A-8C56-05055756A21F.png

The Jets have had alternate logos for years, and I suspect that this is just a new one. This logo and the colors would represent a tweak, not the complete overhaul that has been promised. We'll see. I don't expect this on the helmet, though. 

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I think that's just a new one of these. 

• Upvote 2

It breaks my heart. Not only is the stadium NOT in NYC, but we also have to share it with the Giants in New Jersey. 
MetLife is currently 70 minutes away from me so it’s not a bad drive but I’d rather drive to NY, pay a sh*t load of tolls, be stuck in traffic, as long as it is OUR stadium. 
Maybe the Giants should move.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

It's been 10 years. Time to move on. 

• Sympathy 1