Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Calm down everybody and look closer. I don't think these are the actual UNIS. It's possible this is a picture of a partial design or it was photoshopped or something. The numbers on each uniform are completely different..

If it's fake, it's a really good fake.  Look at how it looks like a cell phone picture of a piece of promotional materials, complete with the edges cut off and the "take flight" cut off.

If someone went through the trouble of faking this, they did a hell of a job to make it look legit.

I'm about 90% positive that this is legit.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

They aren't terrible. 

Not crazy about the New York across the chest but I dig the new helmets and love the shade of green. 

This could have been so much worse. 

I don't like the New York on the chest or the helmet logo. Don't love the green helmet, either, but from what I can see in this picture, I do like the finish. Reminds me of the Giants blue which looks different depending on the light. I've always liked them. 

They kept it very simple, so I'm glad about that. An image of a jet on the helmet with Jets on the chest instead of New York would've been better, IMHO. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t like the green or white jerseys at all. I can’t say they are terrible, just not as good as what we had. 

I always wanted black to be a color and the colors do work well with the black and green. I’m not thrilled about design overall which makes me only give the black jerseys a 8/10. This is mostly due to color scheme and not design.

The green and white jerseys are meh 5/10 for me. I really prefer our old jersey and wish they just added a black/green alternate. Oh well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

100%, I'm really happy.

And I like the green helmets (yikes).  That chrome is sick.

SAR I

Now we have to see if these are real.  I'm not totally convinced but would be extremely happy if they were.  Really like the clean look and the shoulder stripes, which pay homage to the current/old jersey but really update that look. 

Only doubt creeps in from all the other leaks mentioning the O look, the bright lime/Yellowstone/green accents etc that are nowhere to be seen.  And where's the skyline?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Shocker of the century that SAR likes them.  Just take what is good and right and then say the opposite and that is the SAR take.

2018-NFL-Uniform-Matchups-Week-2.jpg

You really don't like them?  What were you expecting?  I'm legitimately curious.

I was worried that we were going to go down the Browns path (ugly wordmark down the pants) or an ugly collar (Texans) or some gradient helmet (Jaguars).  Instead it's keeping it classy, we basically have the Chargers shoulder stripes and a chromed green helmet.  From the waist down you'd hardly notice a difference. 

I think the Jets did a good job of modernizing without going crazy.  And if you look at the rest of the NFL uniform lineup, ours fit right in with the modern group.  The NFL isn't known for zany primary uniforms.  Simple and understated. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't like the New York on the chest or the helmet logo. Don't love the green helmet, either, but from what I can see in this picture, I do like the finish. Reminds me of the Giants blue which looks different depending on the light. I've always liked them. 

They kept it very simple, so I'm glad about that. An image of a jet on the helmet with Jets on the chest instead of New York would've been better, IMHO. 

I agree on the metallic finish, it’s the only parr I like.

Chrome would’ve been better though.

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets could've taken turns taking green diarrheas on a blank jersey and you would've said they were cool

These are abysmal.

Now there would have been a look that you would have loved.

Fitting that you would even imagine something that F'uped

Knew this uniform thing would bring the true Shlt out in front for all to see.

58b5baebad6f41227f000001.jpg

Put Neil in a smedium, change the shoulder stripes and darken the color and this ^^^^^ is not much different than this  VVVV

image.png.d852be682c9a2323000ce7eba04f0c54.png

I like it, but I was expecting more....this is NOT a "complete redesign".  It's a "revisit" to one of the worst periods in Jets football history.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Put Neil in a smedium, change the shoulder stripes and darken the color and this ^^^^^ is not much different than this  VVVV

I like it, but I was expecting more....this is NOT a "complete redesign".  It's a "revisit" to one of the worst periods in Jets football history.

I agree. 

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They are not, you monkey. They are too plain to be awful.

Truth. We hired one of the greatest branding agencies in the world and asked for something as inoffensive and blah as possible.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Absence of all-whites is a huge mistake. 

A few people have mentioned this, and I would imagine even if these are the real uniforms, the jersey/pants pairings shown here are likely rather meaningless.  There's nothing forcing the team of which options to put together, so they could easily do all whites and other combos as they see fit.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How can Mizzou and Oregon Be more creative than the NY Jets who live at the epicenter of creativity and marketing.

cfdfd.jpg

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

the green is sleeker, the number fonts are different and the stripes are completely different.  only similarity is the black around the numbers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The Neil look is infinitely better

• Thumb Down 1