Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1476588_457540661018275_49929488_n.jpg?w

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

the color of jb smoove's tie could be inserted to change the look easily, especially in the black unis.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

lol. I think this is a PS of the Leak from the jaguars.

Hmmm...don't immediately love them or hate them.

Jerseys are ok, would have preferred a white helmet.

OK with the logo, even if it's not a massive change from the current logo.

A reasonable blend of the classic and 80s uniforms.

Could have been a lot worse.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I like it, but I was expecting more....this is NOT a "complete redesign".  It's a "revisit" to one of the worst periods in Jets football history.

Kind of a let down for me too. 

I have a feeling they will be tweaking this in a few seasons, if nothing else to fix the awful shoulder stripe. Feels like they could have been much better based on the picture. just a few adjustments and a different treatment to the numbers/New York on chest.  Also getting rid of the logo on the helmet, which is my least favorite of all. 

You have NIKE doing a redesign and if feels like someone stopped NIKE about 2 steps in and said yeah, lets go with that.... 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now there would have been a look that you would have loved.

Fitting that you would even imagine something that F'uped

Knew this uniform thing would bring the true Shlt out in front for all to see.

tenor.gif?itemid=5542958

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Calm down everybody and look closer. I don't think these are the actual UNIS. It's possible this is a picture of a partial design or it was photoshopped or something. The numbers on each uniform are completely different..

One can Only HOPE.

26 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If this is legit...the Helmet sucks big time but at least the Jersey's are cool.

I like going back to green and only an all green helmet would work with an all black alternate.  (I thought they were white?  Didn't someone call up Riddle and confirm this?)

But that's just a sh*tty sh*tty logo.  Seriously, it's a microsoft clip art football.  I would expect more from Nike.

agree on the logo on the helmet.  Looks like a 3rd grader made it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why?  This is the most fun we've had in February and March in team history.

SAR I

Well, by that standard, I guess you're right. :D

At least the good uniforms will be on clearance afterwards...

And for the record, the uni's above look a lot like a photoshopped Jags ad from their unveil.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cfdfd.jpg

The Jets are part of the NFL and the NFL has traditional/classy/conventional primary uniforms.

And I'm guessing "Limelight" green isn't shown.  Lots of room for alternates.  The void area above the shoulder/chest stripes can get the Ducks treatment anytime the Jets want.  A helmet decal tweak and the Jets can add silver in place of black as well.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Stark said:

Based off of these descriptions I guess my hope would be the colors are similar to Oregon's 2014 uniforms. It sounds like it could be a possibility that this is the inspiration for the new JETS uni (as far as colors). Obviously designed for the JETS with the new logo and different accents. The image below has the colors from that season, I am sure if the above colors are accurate then the "bright neon green almost yellow" would be similar to the uniform below and could be mixed in with the other green as a highlight color.

DucksJets.thumb.jpg.370ffb6b3b56dced3bd0ff98c44bc62c.jpg

I don't know that I agree about the traditional/classy... the teams decide what they are willing to adjust their uniforms to when doing a redesign and since most owners are older the traditional look is more ingrained in their sense of style.

I'd way rather have the 2014 Oregon look (not necessarily all of these above that I posted yesterday), altered for the JETS than what the "leak" may be. The shoulder area of the "leak" should have gotten some kind of treatment versus that 1980's weird accent stripe. Same as the pants stripe.

I will agree that it is not the worst thing ever and can be tweaked and I'd expect that it will. The helmet logo was a copout though.

• Upvote 1

I didn't see it mentioned, but I'm curious to see a better look of the helmet.  To me, the angle on Leo's helmet makes it look black, while Sam's is green.  I'm wondering if this is some kind of chameleon paint that changes colors based on the lighting.

Overall I'm happy with the Uniforms, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the logo on the helmets.

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

A few people have mentioned this, and I would imagine even if these are the real uniforms, the jersey/pants pairings shown here are likely rather meaningless.  There's nothing forcing the team of which options to put together, so they could easily do all whites and other combos as they see fit.

allgreen.jpg

Mockup of all-green, all-white, and all-black uniform combinations.

(Quincy be like "WTF?")

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Is it just me or do the heads of the players looked a little photo shopped?

These are safe.  I was hoping for something with an actual jet on the helmet but why wouldn't the reddit guy say green with the words Jets on it?  We had to see it to understand it??   Numbers don't look huge though.

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Not sure if this is real? I don't like them. But I am a traditionalists. Too shiny for me and hate that there is no white on white. ( if they're real)

The Jets decide what combo of Jerseys/Pants they wear. The Jets could easily use the white jersey/white pants look...Hell they could go Black Jersey/Green Pants. This is just a reveal. Plus the quality of the picture isn't the best so the green could look totally different in person. We won't know for sure until we see the video stream tomorrow night. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cfdfd.jpg

SAR I

I look at what leaked as a prototype. It’ll take a couple years of refinement to make it respectable.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, British Jet said:

That does look quite legitimate. And if it’s real. I’m quite happy with that and will almost certainly invest in a black one. 

the first thing I am going to do when the Jets put $100 or more dollars on each of my swipe cards is head on in to the Jets shop and buy myself a black alternate!  

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cfdfd.jpg

SAR I

I would Preferred something more like to THIS... "THIS" Would Be So MUCH BETTER.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Breaking down this video vs. the "leak".

I feel like in the "leak" the Nike swoosh is so close to the stripe on the shoulders that you would have seen the stripe (could have been edited out of course).

Also, the "leak" does not appear to have numbers on the top of the shoulders...or maybe you just can't see them from the angle.

Anyways....food for thought to keep us further entertained until tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Is it just me or do the heads of the players looked a little photo shopped?

These are safe.  I was hoping for something with an actual jet on the helmet but why wouldn't the reddit guy say green with the words Jets on it?  We had to see it to understand it??   Numbers don't look huge though.

This is a very low res picture so it's really tough to judge the helmet other than the logo (yuck)...but how would you describe it? Shiny/kinda chromey green but also looks black in certain lighting? Seems to me like the Reddit guy either was full of it on the jerseys or received the info second hand...I'm not seeing a second green color here.