Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Laugh it up fur ball.

That's your opinion.  I like them.  

I’m a designer. You’re a fan. I’m being objective. You have a bias.

And I respect your opinion, you in turn should respect mine.

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Who knows if these are real or not, but this picture is a bad photoshop unless Darnold is actually 5’8”. And the shadowing on his face is off, too. 

E33EC0EA-9CF0-4027-8945-43039C622D0D.png

If fake, it’s a photograph of someone’s photoshopped fraud. 

The shadows seem off, but that’s more likely because the series of individual photos were taken alone, then combined on the ugly background. It would have to be a photoshop genius to put this together.

5 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

what is with the new york on top of the numbers? did we just became a HS team?

People around the world view New York as a very cool city and the pinnacle of capitalism.  In China, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Europe, you see Yankees jerseys with that big "New York" on the chest so now we have a football jersey extolling our great city. 

It will sell more jerseys and increase the value of the Jets brand this way.  It also takes the pressure off the helmet so the logo was able to get more simple.  As for hats and such, the logo we saw on the draft hat which incorporates "New York" and "Jets" achieves the same nod to Manhattan that the jersey does.  Clever.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Just now, SAR I said:

People around the world view New York as a very cool city and the pinnacle of capitalism.  In China, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Europe, you see Yankees jerseys with that big "New York" on the chest so now we have a football jersey extolling our great city. 

It will sell more jerseys and increase the value of the Jets brand this way.  It also takes the pressure off the helmet so the logo was able to get more simple.  As for hats and such, the logo we saw on the draft hat which incorporates "New York" and "Jets" achieves the same nod to Manhattan that the jersey does.  Clever.

SAR I

Lol omg I'm moving.

SAR I

so they rebranded solely for business reasons... selfish johnson’s back at it again

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR has known the helmets were green and that the uni's were not a radical departure for over a month.  One of your mod friends whom I confided in will confirm this for you in private shortly.

SAR I

No need to do that. Nobody cares.  I mean... really...  don't bother.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m a designer. You’re a fan. I’m being objective. You have a bias.

And I respect your opinion, you in turn should respect mine.

The thing with designers is that they design things with actual value and understanding, fans just want to be serviced and sometimes those two things don’t happen simultaneously. I’m surprised I like them as much as I do but the longer I look at then the more problems I find. 

12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Aren't teams using the NFL patch for the 100 years?  This doesnt have it.  This really could be a really good job by someone.

The one thing that makes me think this could be a fake is that a couple of notable free agents aren't in the photo.

I don't know, maybe Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley belong here for the entire NFL to admire?

SAR I

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who knows if these are real or not, but this picture is a bad photoshop unless Darnold is actually 5’8”. And the shadowing on his face is off, too. 

E33EC0EA-9CF0-4027-8945-43039C622D0D.png

The PS equivalent of JA wearing lifts

Just now, SAR I said:

The one thing that makes me think this could be a fake is that a couple of notable free agents aren't in the photo.

I don't know, maybe Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley belong here for the entire NFL to admire?

SAR I

This looks like someone took a cell phone picture of some promo materials.  All this marketing and promo stuff was probably done well before FA signings.  There maybe some new stuff that the leaker didn't have access to that has Bell etc. on it.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

Designs were probably finalized 6 months ago. Since then it’s been all preparation of myriad rollout tactics. Marketing materials, photoshhots, videos, social, etc. plus providing inventory to stores for the switchover. This sh*t has a very slowwwwww production cycle.

• Upvote 2