Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

kind of a compromise between the 80s and now.  but i like the green helmet.  very sleek.

56 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i still prefer the 80s helmets but this seems to be as close as they'd go.  same font as now, but the style of the 80s.  a compromise.

Agreed.  The best thing about these in my book is the metallic green color of the helmet. Second is the lighter shade of green.  If anything, the 80's angular wordmark would pair better with this look.  The "curved?" Jets script on the Helmets...I'll have to get used to it.  It would have been interesting just to see the "wedge" up there - very minimal, but I guess it wasn't in the cards.    

Still, love the move to the Green helmet.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, samicaz said:

so they rebranded solely for business reasons... selfish johnson’s back at it again

Come now, this isn't a rebranding.  We did as I said we would yesterday-  followed the Dolphins playbook on updating a classic AFL uniform and, for good measure, showed recent Jaguars judgement in avoiding an over-the-top design mess.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Like the metallic helmets, the colors and the uniforms in general. The logo, though - boring. They could have done much better.

I could have done better as a hobby project. This is basic turd design.

Just now, SAR I said:

Come now, this isn't a rebranding.  We did as I said we would yesterday-  followed the Dolphins playbook on updating a classic AFL uniform and, for good measure, showed recent Jaguars judgement in avoiding an over-the-top design mess.

SAR I

they didn't update a classic AFL uniform, they made a completly new sh*tty uniform. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I like the green helmet (sorry Sar) ..not sure if it's chrome or metallic.. 

Uniforms are OK.. Simple.. Remind me of the broncos.. Curious what the back of the jersey looks like.. It'll grow on me.. I'm more for classic looking and so I'm missing the stripes already. Love the colors but it's very broncos looking.. 

Don't really care for black uniforms but it's more of the early 90's look which I like with the colors and numbers.. The black outline I like.. 

Logo on helmet I'm not a fan.. Wish they used the winglet.. It's almost like the franchise doesn't have a logo.. Need to see it during the day but... Yeah just the triangle or winglet I would love on the helmet and I'd be really happy.. The arched jets wording.. Ehh.. 

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As a designer, this is what you get when you have a committee in charge of approvals and feedback. 100% chance that NYJ exhausted their agency into basically giving them whatever they’ll approve... vs. NYJ taking their recommendations.

100% this, seen it 100x. Designers get worn down and it ends up being a mish mosh of just trying to fit in all the different feedback from all the dip sh*ts with a vote.

I can picture CJ saying something like "I dunno, it's not badass enough" and depending on how long into the process the design team either rolling their eyes and complying or throwing their iMac  against the wall

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR has known the helmets were green and that the uni's were not a radical departure for over a month.  One of your mod friends whom I confided in will confirm this for you in private shortly.

SAR I

So no provable Uniform collusion then?