Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

21 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I don’t care either way, and I’m sure you may have gotten info on green helmets, but you gotta own up to the staunch defense of the white helmet and the reconditioning process. 

I own it, I was wrong.  I thought we'd stay white.

Thing is, I've known I was wrong for 6 weeks so today's leak isn't upsetting me as I've resigned myself and gotten comfortable with the green helmets.  And I do think this leak is legit as it feels like everything I was told back then.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

He wanted to hold up a sign saying “she like my drip” for the photo shoot and the Jets didn’t want that.  Instead he will be performing the song tomorrow night while it’s being streamed.  

My son really really likes his album, says if LB ever forces his way off the Jets it won't be for another team, it'll be to take Drake and Post Malone to the woodshed.

SAR I

• Haha 2

I keep checking this thread hoping someone debuncts that uni "leak".  That it's just a great fake.  It is funny that this comes a day after the real draft Cap leak.  Letting him incorporate the new logo into the uni's.  I just can't believe they would sign off on that helmet logo.  And metallic green?  It would be too trendy.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He's torn between calling these real and admitting not being right with the white helmets, but on the same token, this leak justifies his staunch defense of the "German Hat" leak being the new primary logo.

Either way he's right and wrong all at the same time.

I was wrong on the white helmets.  I was right on everything else-  sort of hard not to be right when I got the information from the mouth of a fairly important horse.  It wasn't a guess.  It was fact.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I keep checking this thread hoping someone debuncts that uni "leak".  That it's just a great fake.  It is funny that this comes a day after the real draft Cap leak.  Letting him incorporate the new logo into the uni's.  I just can't believe they would sign off on that helmet logo.  And metallic green?  It would be too trendy.

Jamal Adams on Instagram said these were not the unis.  While some are saying he just said this to "protect the event" tomorrow night, I don't see what he would gain by lying to the fans on Instagram.  

Another thing, he called them a fake in response to a fan run Instagram account posting the picture.  He wasn't tagged in the picture or asked to comment on the picture.  He apparently follows the account and responded to the post.  

If the Jets wanted him to come out and deny the leak as real, it seems more likely that he would have just tweeted it, rather than responding to someone else's Instagram post.  Unless you follow both Jamal on Insta and this fan account on Insta, you would not have seen it.

If he's trying to protect the event, it would make more sense for him to have directly tweeted that these were fake, rather than limit the audience.

• Upvote 3

If it's not legit it's a very good fake with a variety of players in positions that look natural... And Connor Hughes and Brian Costello basically confirmed. Looks real to me. 

Disappointed in the green helmet and the logo seems like a downgrade. I would have preferred to keep our old unis... But in the grand scheme of things these are fine and far from the disaster I feared. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jeffkitref said:

Nothing about this leak looks bold to me...I really hope they are fake. 

KRUSTY: So he's proactive, huh?

EXECUTIVE
Oh, God, yes. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.

MEYER
Excuse me, but "proactive" and "paradigm"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that. I'm fired, aren't I?

MEYERS
Oh, yes.

MEYERS
The rest of you writers start thinking up a name for this funky dog; I dunno, something along the line of say... Poochie, only more proactive.

Conflicting reports on these uniforms leave me skeptical but leaning towards fake. Connor Hughes says these are the jerseys, but Jamal Adams has said they are not and Leonard Williams liked a comment saying "these are probably fake why would Quincy be wearing under armour cleats?"

• Upvote 1