Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

Go look at the Jags official photo a couple of pages back. There is literally one helmet in the whole thing and it is sideways as well. This isn't the only piece of marketing material Nike is producing for the uniforms, it seems more like a billboard or backdrop then anything else. The true reveal will be tomorrow with actual players in the uniform. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

I think you're overestimating how much grief he'll actually get. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

that would be a really smart move

I say the opposite.  The Jets cant leak out a jersey with such detail because if the fans would prefer these over the real ones it would be a publicity nightmare.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Just sayin. 

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "Yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

People are acting like Jamal is protecting state secrets. The moment the uniforms are unveiled no one will even remember what he posted. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

New Jets uniforms appear to leak

April 3, 2019 | 11:14am

They sure look real.

The much-hyped new Jets uniforms appeared to leak Wednesday, with the new look being passed around on social media. It was unclear from where the image circulated.

The uniforms represent a significantly new mood for a team under new leadership, as head coach Adam Gase takes the reins. The first thing that stands out is an alternate black jersey with black pants, green only present as a shoulder stripe and on a strip of the pants.

Otherwise, the look is sleek, even if it conjures a college team before a pro team.

The uniforms are scheduled to be officially released Thursday, and safety Jamal Adams claimed this leak is a fake, as the Jets remain quiet.

“Sheesh, whoever edit this picture is a beast. Those aren’t it though. Tomorrow is the day!” Adams wrote on Instagram.

“I love the new jerseys,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said last month. “The players who have seen them love them. They’re frankly the people I want to please most in this process. I want them to feel great in their uniforms. I think it’s about time for us to have a new look. I think this is going to be well-received. These things are pretty badass, I think.”

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

I just don't see why he would need to feel like he had to say anything. If this if the real leak then you would think the Jets PR would probably tell all of the players to stay quiet. They wouldn't ask the players to lie for them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

They were most likely photographed separately and then photoshopped all together, making the heights a little bit wonky.

• Upvote 1

I hadn't checked this thread in awhile and didn't see the leak until just now. Assuming these are them, I like them. I love the black version. It would be nice to get a better look at the helmet. 

I still don't like the green pants version - but I never do. I don't think we should ever wear green pants. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I hadn't checked this thread in awhile and didn't see the leak until just now. Assuming these are them, I like them. I love the black version. It would be nice to get a better look at the helmet. 

I still don't like the green pants version - but I never do. I don't think we should ever wear green pants. 

IMO the white jersey with the green pants is the best looking of the 3. The green jersey and white pants just doesn't look right here.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

IMO the white jersey with the green pants is the best looking of the 3. The green jersey and white pants just doesn't look right here.

For whatever reason, I just have an aversion to green pants.

I'd be very happy with these, overall. 

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "Yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

why would he say anything on social media today?