Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

 

 

 

 

Go look at the Jags official photo a couple of pages back. There is literally one helmet in the whole thing and it is sideways as well. This isn't the only piece of marketing material Nike is producing for the uniforms, it seems more like a billboard or backdrop then anything else. The true reveal will be tomorrow with actual players in the uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

 

 

 

 

I think you're overestimating how much grief he'll actually get. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this the left side of the pic since we only see a bit of the Jets logo and take flight?  What's on the other side?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, samicaz said:

Theory time... maybe the jets had players pose in fake jerseys and purposely leaked a fake version to get us all rattled up and tomorrow they surprise us with the new real ones??


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

that would be a really smart move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That would be about a 1,000 hour photoshop job if faked.

If you're one of Jerry's kids.

This is a piece of cake for anyone who works in PS.  Wrong

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

that would be a really smart move

I say the opposite.  The Jets cant leak out a jersey with such detail because if the fans would prefer these over the real ones it would be a publicity nightmare.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

 

 

 

 

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "Yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

  • Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

People are acting like Jamal is protecting state secrets. The moment the uniforms are unveiled no one will even remember what he posted. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Jets uniforms appear to leak

April 3, 2019 | 11:14am

 

 

They sure look real.

The much-hyped new Jets uniforms appeared to leak Wednesday, with the new look being passed around on social media. It was unclear from where the image circulated.

The uniforms represent a significantly new mood for a team under new leadership, as head coach Adam Gase takes the reins. The first thing that stands out is an alternate black jersey with black pants, green only present as a shoulder stripe and on a strip of the pants.

Otherwise, the look is sleek, even if it conjures a college team before a pro team.

The uniforms are scheduled to be officially released Thursday, and safety Jamal Adams claimed this leak is a fake, as the Jets remain quiet.

“Sheesh, whoever edit this picture is a beast. Those aren’t it though. Tomorrow is the day!” Adams wrote on Instagram.

“I love the new jerseys,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said last month. “The players who have seen them love them. They’re frankly the people I want to please most in this process. I want them to feel great in their uniforms. I think it’s about time for us to have a new look. I think this is going to be well-received. These things are pretty badass, I think.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

It actually appears to be two separate photos. The one on the left was taken at closer range. Look at how much bigger Anderson is than Quincy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

I just don't see why he would need to feel like he had to say anything. If this if the real leak then you would think the Jets PR would probably tell all of the players to stay quiet. They wouldn't ask the players to lie for them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

They were most likely photographed separately and then photoshopped all together, making the heights a little bit wonky.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matthew007b said:

Now with jamal saying that... They're probably real emoji19.png .. Curious what they're doing for numbers on the pads/sleeves..

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

They're probably on the shoulders which would be a throwback to the Klecko era uniforms.  I prefer that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Now with jamal saying that... They're probably real emoji19.png .. Curious what they're doing for numbers on the pads/sleeves..

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

They are probably on the shoulders and you can't see them in the pic because of the angle. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

So is this the left side of the pic since we only see a bit of the Jets logo and take flight?  What's on the other side?? 

..gonna sit this one out 😎

NFL_SI_Vault_Jets_00019.JPG?fbclid=IwAR1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets PR doin a masterful job amping us all up. They did this purposely. Now everyone is talking about it. I honestly don't think these are the real ones. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't checked this thread in awhile and didn't see the leak until just now. Assuming these are them, I like them. I love the black version. It would be nice to get a better look at the helmet. 

I still don't like the green pants version - but I never do. I don't think we should ever wear green pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

I hadn't checked this thread in awhile and didn't see the leak until just now. Assuming these are them, I like them. I love the black version. It would be nice to get a better look at the helmet. 

I still don't like the green pants version - but I never do. I don't think we should ever wear green pants. 

IMO the white jersey with the green pants is the best looking of the 3. The green jersey and white pants just doesn't look right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stark said:

IMO the white jersey with the green pants is the best looking of the 3. The green jersey and white pants just doesn't look right here.

For whatever reason, I just have an aversion to green pants.

I'd be very happy with these, overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, the fans will understand why he fibbed a bit.  This isn't an on the field thing he's lying about.  It's a fun event that, regardless of a leak, the team wants the people that were invited to show up to.  The better question is why would he ruin interest in it by confirming that they are real, effectively saying "Yeah guys, its real.  Just forget about tomorrow I guess"

why would he say anything on social media today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Revis chimes in.

who cares what MEvis has to say 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...