Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

24 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

when I first heard that they were changing uniforms next year, I was excited!  but after seeing the new Titans unis?  my Lord.....now I'm worried that some a$$ clown will do to ours what was done to the titans!!

I like our current uniforms, but LOVE the old 80s helmets much better.  I just don't wan a white helmet.  don't like the green jersey/green pants combo at all!  any other combo is fine.  

I really just A) don't want them to go back to anything "Titans of NY" crap.  UGLY.  B ) would like to see more black than white.  not too much, but similar to what the jets did in the early 90s:  black outlining of numbers/names, on the face mask, etc.  now if they go black jerseys/black helmets, then more green than white.  to me white is just so boring.  gotta have some color!

Titans Uni's are awful... most people here hate them.

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No black on uniforms. We are green and white.

I think that's about to change.  maybe I'm reading into it, but they changed the QB practice jerseys from red/white to black/green and then the Jets twitter account (I think) tweeted asking Jets nation what we thought of the jersey change.  a little foreshadowing?

Now I HOPE the jerseys are not just that.  it's boring, but I am expecting them to be black with white/green accents

34 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I think that's about to change.  maybe I'm reading into it, but they changed the QB practice jerseys from red/white to black/green and then the Jets twitter account (I think) tweeted asking Jets nation what we thought of the jersey change.  a little foreshadowing?

Now I HOPE the jerseys are not just that.  it's boring, but I am expecting them to be black with white/green accents

Black is for gen x males that thought they were masculine and cool by adding black to everything. Black uniforms age poorly and become less liked the longer a team has them. Even the damn Ravens went with purple color rush because people are sick of black.

• Sympathy 2

21 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I have so little artistic skill that it's even hard for me to imagine what something could look like...

But whenever I hear about uniform designs and changes my mind is always pulled to paint swatches that you can browse at a hardware store.

So when I think of "Jets" green, how far am I willing to go off the current color?

I think out of this limited selection I'd be okay with Kelly, Emerald, Forest, Jade - ish colors

Harlequin is too bright... Hunter is too dark... Fern is too dull.. Pine is too bluw.

Related image

In before Army Green and Olive Uniforms, lol.

Also Teal and Turquoise are Blue, not Green.  Disagree, fight me in the real! LOL.

I absolutely loved our classic all White uniforms with white facemasks on Monday Night; Classy. 

I hate the thought of this uniform change. It bothers me. 

As of right now the New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts are the only two-tone color scheme teams within the entire league. But I fear not for much longer. 

We're on the verge of Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Seattle Seahawks version of a 2019 multiple colors scheme, aren't we? 

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

In before Army Green and Olive Uniforms, lol.

Also Teal and Turquoise are Blue, not Green.  Disagree, fight me in the real! LOL.

Haha, I agree with that... My first picture there really ran the spectrum.

Here's another with more green-ish hues, I think... Less blues and yellows and neons. Outside of chartreuse and lime. 

Image result for green color spectrum

• Upvote 1

Ewwwwww 80s logo sucked bad

when I first heard that they were changing uniforms next year, I was excited!  but after seeing the new Titans unis?  my Lord.....now I'm worried that some a$$ clown will do to ours what was done to the titans!!
I like our current uniforms, but LOVE the old 80s helmets much better.  I just don't wan a white helmet.  don't like the green jersey/green pants combo at all!  any other combo is fine.  
I really just A) don't want them to go back to anything "Titans of NY" crap.  UGLY.  B ) would like to see more black than white.  not too much, but similar to what the jets did in the early 90s:  black outlining of numbers/names, on the face mask, etc.  now if they go black jerseys/black helmets, then more green than white.  to me white is just so boring.  gotta have some color!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 2

Am I the ONLY ONE who thunks that of the Flags the Jets passed out yesterday -bright (non-Kelly , almost lime) green - were a preview of next year's color scheme for the uniform change?

They ALWAYS - since 2012 - gave out DARK green and White flags for fans, these were UGLY 2005 Seahawks Green flags that I was not too partial to.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

+1, I was thinking “Gun Metal Gray” as our primary...you know, like actual jets?

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_01.jpg

220px-F-35A_flight_(cropped).jpg

+1

I got custom sneakers made for Jets games this year and incorporated Gun metal into the scheme along with Green and White. I think they came out pretty sweet.

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

NY Jets Season Ticket Holder Section 245A

IMG_8995.JPG

so @T0mShane, @Patriot Killa & @greenwichjetfan

for ragging on my previous kicks from the preseason:

Eat a D!çk Semen-I sandwich.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

58 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

I got custom sneakers made for Jets games this year and incorporated Gun metal into the scheme along with Green and White. I think they came out pretty sweet.

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

IMG_8995.JPG

heyyyy! Those are actually really clean, man.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

IMG_8995.JPG

Sick!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Am I the ONLY ONE who thunks that of the Flags the Jets passed out yesterday -bright (non-Kelly , almost lime) green - were a preview of next year's color scheme for the uniform change?

They ALWAYS - since 2012 - gave out DARK green and White flags for fans, these were UGLY 2005 Seahawks Green flags that I was not too partial to.  

Nope, my buddy and I were at the game as well and were talking about the color of the flag as well as a preview.  He also bought his son a new Darnold Jersey and it came in that same color.  When he opened the package he originally questioned the color obviously different shade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

Nope, my buddy and I were at the game as well and were talking about the color of the flag as well as a preview.  He also bought his son a new Darnold Jersey and it came in that same color.  When he opened the package he originally questioned the color obviously different shade.

Was it like the Color Rush jersey?  

Snap a picture of you can.

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Was it like the Color Rush jersey?  

Snap a picture of you can.

No, it was more like a LIME Green than the Color Rush jersey which I would compare more to a "Traffic Light" shade of Green (if that helps? Color Rush is slightly darker, but then again, it was SUNNY OUT and that could have made them appear brighter, IMO).

i6uolurr1wnkxgugojvh.jpg

You get a better idea of the ACTUAL "type" of Green in the middle flag that's not being hit by the sun & in the shade (guy with sunglasses' flag). Also you get a BETTER idea with the 3 flags in the background above the heads also not DIRECTLY in the sun and you can see how that limey Green POPS out compared to the current Hunter Green shade of the Logo in the center of the flag. hope that helps. 

Here's another shot that I could find:

cwllykn6qvmajojhwsfz.jpg

It reminded me of these Seahawks' jerseys from 2009:

147979.jpg

HEINOUS!!!!

And I came across this shot, which I find hilarious:

twuc7egzhexuj3r9x424.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Was exactly what I though, even mentioning it to my wife.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing. 

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo. It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise. If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new. 

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

36 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

No, it was more like a LIME Green than the Color Rush jersey which I would compare more to a "Traffic Light" shade of Green (if that helps? Color Rush is slightly darker, but then again, it was SUNNY OUT and that could have made them appear brighter, IMO).

i6uolurr1wnkxgugojvh.jpg

You get a better idea of the ACTUAL "type" of Green in the middle flag that's not being hit by the sun & in the shade (guy with sunglasses' flag). Also you get a BETTER idea with the 3 flags in the background above the heads also not DIRECTLY in the sun and you can see how that limey Green POPS out compared to the current Hunter Green shade of the Logo in the center of the flag. hope that helps. 

Here's another shot that I could find:

cwllykn6qvmajojhwsfz.jpg

It reminded me of these Seahawks' jerseys from 2009:

147979.jpg

HEINOUS!!!!

And I came across this shot, which I find hilarious:

twuc7egzhexuj3r9x424.jpg

You think they are giving us hints of what is coming? 

13 minutes ago, slats said:

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing. 

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo. It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise. If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new. 

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

Could NOT DISAGREE MORE with what you stated. Respectfully disagree.

Who gives a flying Fickle of the winning percentage of the team and how that correlates to the uniforms they wore at the time. The teams sucked back then b/c Leon Hess (GREAT AMERICAN! RIP.) was interested in COST EFFICIENCY in running his "side business" of an NFL team in NYC and never invested heavily in scouting and quality management. The ONE solid GM during that era, IMO, Dick Steinberg, died on us. The Jets sucked b/c of management & coaching, not their uniforms. 

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly. They were simple and not too complicated - and you know, ACTUALLY INCORPORATED the Team Name into the LOGO. In addition, the kids who grew up during that era are NOW the middle aged fans who drop $$$ as STHs, merchandise consumers, away games traveling fans. etc. and competent TEAM marketing will recognize that and try to CAPITALIZE on that nostalgia factor.

giphy.gif 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly.

The logo and green helmets were boring, and the black was horrendous. 

Throwing back to the uniforms that the franchise won a Super Bowl in made sense, trying to build a winning culture and all. There's nothing adventageous about going back to the 80s-90s logo. It stands for nothing but ineptitude. If they're changing the logo again, they should change it to something new, interesting, and modern. 

And no black. 

Of course, I'm bracing for that dull logo with a black outline because what else would these guys do? 

• Thumb Down 1