Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The photos are taken separately, then a designer puts them together in this composition. Grass is added. Shadows added. Background added. That’s why they don’t have a consistent light source.

also... it's FAKE ??

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

See the nonsense about your critic based on being a designer.  Well I've been a well paid photographer and a photo editor

You want to play the douche and argue something that you have no clue about go ahead. 

The only one peeing down his leg is the amateur who thinks this is complicated project and gets pompous about his own bs.  You have no idea what you're talking about

Ahh, now you ruined it. Always take it one step too far.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, he's definitely pulling a little CYA for his earlier comments, which would suggest even if these aren't exactly the final uniforms, they are really, really close.

Yeah. I've heard that the Black uniforms have green numbers not white.

26 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This looks like Anderson, Williams and Jamal should be on the right side of the logo in the middle.  Why would someone photo shop a leaked photo?  Unless there are players to the right of the logo it doesn't make sense.   

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg.ca2048de1f9c4256b9da0d6aec86deb0.thumb.jpeg.a0f8b664f9408e8817fb9d85fea0252f.jpeg

Ha!  So that's where Limelight Green is.

We're missing the 6 other players on the right side of this image. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Too many descriptions of the uniforms by those who had allegedly seen them over the last few months all pointed to a big and bold overhaul of the current uniforms and logo.  I cannot believe (maybe just don't want to believe) that this is the end result.  They just seem too underwhelming and not enough of a departure from previous iterations of the uniform to match all of the hype the team itself has created.  

Final answer - FAKE (fingers crossed). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We don't have 6 other "marketable" players. that is legit the top players of the team when these would have been taken.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

Even still, you'd have to admit, the photoshop work here is above novice, but not professional.

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Those huge numbers are probably over there too. 

With Le'Veon and Mosley stylin' them.  Limelight, the NY skyline, makes sense now, there's a fourth uniform.

If you look at Herndon's neckline it looks like he's wearing a cape. I know we're trying to emote the essence of "flight", but Superman isn't what I thought it would be. 

SAR I

Just now, TeddEY said:

Even still, you'd have to admit, the photoshop work here is above novice, but not professional.

Supposedly these shoots are done by the team and not Nike....so would that surprise you? It was probably done by a kid who graduated Montclair State last May. 

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What is the source on this screen cap here ^^^^  because that is not what he actually said on Instagram.

Here is the original comment on Instagram that I just copied over now....close, but the wording is different...."beast" vs. "cold"....something is strange is going on here....

image.png.61f1e92905e5839c0cc08e0c8fa127b4.png

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

It’s okay work, yeah. I think the issues are more with the design of the actual uniform, and the lighting during the separate photo shoots. Also them changing player heights and depth of field rules to create the shape of their bodies all lined up.

It’s just not an aesthetic I card for, any of it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.  Also, the feet on the ground are photoshopped poorly.  I'd be willing to bet you could find the source images somewhere out there.

That said, if it is true, as stated I don't like them.  I think the design is somewhat poor, and frankly, I just liked the old uniforms.  These look like an expansion team.

Here's the thing, the Jets have been around a long time.  You see uniforms that look like this, with bolder lines and brighter colors from new teams.

You'd never expect the Bears, the Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants, etc. to go with a look like this.  They stick with the classics, their history.  That's what the Jets should be doing.

Screw the jets history. Time for a new chapter. Get on board old man!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

one question i have about the authenticity is that there is no nike swoosh on the jersey which i believe nike has on most if not all jerseys? not 100% on that, but also...

Why at a jets and NIKE joint event, is quincy wearing underarmour in the promos? lol idk maybe im reading too much into it but i would assume nike would want all nike equipment in their promotional pieces. 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

We don't have 6 other "marketable" players. that is legit the top players of the team when these would have been taken.

The 2 new stars then.  Le'Veon and Mosley in Limelight Green, NY skyline graphic, big numbers, badass, etc.  

They leaked 3 uniforms and are withholding the 4th.  Those crafty Jets. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Supposedly these shoots are done by the team and not Nike....so would that surprise you? It was probably done by a kid who graduated Montclair State last May. 

Yes, it would.

Even this promo on the website is much better:

This is simple, but it's well lit, well photographed, well designed, well balanced.  You think the light on the top of the helmet hits right there by accident?  You think just the outline of the hair and shoulder, hinting at the silhouette of Leonard Williams is luck?

The Jets may be a disaster of a football team, but there's plenty of professionals in the building.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s okay work, yeah. I think the issues are more with the design of the actual uniform, and the lighting during the separate photo shoots. Also them changing player heights and depth of field rules to create the shape of their bodies all lined up.

It’s just not an aesthetic I card for, any of it.

I don't like the uniform design either.  But, the overall image design, and the mediocre photoshop work is what makes me think it's a fake.

When the Jets release the image(s), I think they will be far more professional than this.

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

What is the source on this screen cap here ^^^^  because that is not what he actually said on Instagram.

Here is the original comment on Instagram that I just copied over now....close, but the wording is different...."beast" vs. "cold"....something is strange is going on here....

image.png.61f1e92905e5839c0cc08e0c8fa127b4.png

I thought that too, but I think as you said "yours" is his instagram post (beast), and the other is his twitter post (cold).  Kids these days - gotta post to ALL social media outlets!!

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

one question i have about the authenticity is that there is no nike swoosh on the jersey which i believe nike has on most if not all jerseys? not 100% on that, but also...

Yes there is. You can see it on their left hip, and on their shoulder (look at Robby and Jamal).

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Screw the jets history. Time for a new chapter. Get on board old man!

I believe that in many ways.  And I'm young enough to have no recollection of seeing Joe Klecko play.  But, when it comes to the iconography of the team, I think you keep it.  Again, you'd never see the Packers do this.  And, they shouldn't.

I wouldn't judge the legitimacy of the leak based upon the quality of the leaked photo.

If the leak is real, the picture is likely a quick cell phone picture of a piece of promotional material that someone wasn't supposed to take so they took it on the DL.

Explains why some of the picture is cut off and the boarders are off kilter as well.

If there is was going to be a leak, it was going to come from something like this, a photo of a photo etc. 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I wouldn't judge the legitimacy of the leak based upon the quality of the leaked photo.

If the leak is real, the picture is likely a quick cell phone picture of a piece of promotional material that someone wasn't supposed to take so they took it on the DL.

Explains why some of the picture is cut off and the boarders are off kilter as well.

If there is was going to be a leak, it was going to come from something like this, a photo of a photo etc

Not the quality of the photo, the quality of the work within the photo.  The fact that it's somewhat overexposed and a bit blurry is irrelevant to why I think it's a home job.