Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

For the record I'll say I'm skeptical on the leaked unis being real

But if they are, they're not bad. However I think it would look much better with the old logo on the helmet, not just our current one without the oval. Really don't dig that logo and am still hoping for a true Jet logo of old.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Not to get this thread off on another tangent....but.....I don't know, it's been a while so a lot of what went on faded from my memory, but I give Woody a pass, somewhat, on the stadium.

He had grand plans for the west side of Manhattan and James Dolan and his cronies in Albany crushed them.  If I remember correctly, it also crushed NYC's bid for the Olympics that eventually went to London because the WSS was going to be the centerpiece of the Olympic bid.  Blame Woody for not having a suitable backup plan somewhere in Queens or on the Island, but, what Woody wanted was certainly a lot better than what we have now.

09jets-big.jpg

That breaks my heart. Anyway we can introduce this again? Like are we stuck with MetLife forever? 

38 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I believe that in many ways.  And I'm young enough to have no recollection of seeing Joe Klecko play.  But, when it comes to the iconography of the team, I think you keep it.  Again, you'd never see the Packers do this.  And, they shouldn't.

Eh, Who cares what other teams would or wouldn’t do. Too worried about how we compare then just setting our own standard. 

• Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The helmet on the left looks to have a line above the "Jets". The "Jets" also looks to be straight and not rounded.

This was my thinking, although the curve may not be apparent in the angle form the video.  I can't unsee the "line" above the wordmark though although it is possible that it is a physical indentation in the speedflex helmet.  If the leak is the final iteration, I'm disappointed in the choice of helmet logo and would have preferred the sleek wedge or 80's wordmark (dare to dream) to evoke speed.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh, Who cares what other teams would or wouldn’t do. Too worried about how we compare then just setting our own standard. 

I agree.  maybe 40 years ago, when they first switched to the "80s Jets" unis, I could understand this argument, but once you make a change, that whole "never make a change" thing goes out the window.

47 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier but what is the graphic within the green numbers?  Possibly the previously described "skyscrapers" or "buildings" re the numbers? 

6DB941F0-87DC-4168-B637-C9E5772E3A17.jpeg

Nice catch, Robbie’s #11 really looks like the twin towers, they may be bad taste to some.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

more questions answered...or not answered

1.  "couple months ago" - explains the no Bell, Moseley, etc

2.  "couple months ago" - kudos to the Jets for keeping this under wraps for that long in these times.  that's actually pretty impressive.  I mean if these really ARE the uniforms, and they didn't get leaked until 24 hours before the reveal, that's crazy!

• Upvote 1

I was hoping for the 80's logo but this logo even would have made more sense than the leaked uniforms logo. Still doesn't make sense the secondary logo that was on the German hat doesn't appear anywhere.. Maybe the Jets leaked a first concept design..?

Anyways.. Roughly 24 hours to go.

Does the new helmet (assumed) remind anyone of the 1994 75th anniversary season alternate helmets?  Seems most similar...
1_628faa0fb68573ed92a2d10db28bbbbc.jpg&key=ca46ccb1c6358fbd7044f02541eeeb20c94fedf1bc55ec8a4c4898e349b9719a

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/wpimages/images/images1/1/0315/04/1_628faa0fb68573ed92a2d10db28bbbbc.jpg

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Nice catch, Robbie’s #11 really looks like the twin towers, they may be bad taste to some.

Numbers look cool but I wouldn't want them as the main style of the white jerseys.  Maybe used as an alternate.

1 minute ago, Legend Killa7 said:

2.  "couple months ago" - kudos to the Jets for keeping this under wraps for that long in these times.  that's actually pretty impressive.  I mean if these really ARE the uniforms, and they didn't get leaked until 24 hours before the reveal, that's crazy!

Seems like jerseys get leaked right before the big reveal every time.  What teams should do is set a date and then surprise everyone a week or two before  Like some of these singers that release albums at midnight with no warning.   But of course this would go against the BIG REVEAL  EVENT that teams want to do.  

3 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

I was hoping for the 80's logo but this logo even would have made more sense than the leaked uniforms logo. Still doesn't make sense the secondary logo that was on the German hat doesn't appear anywhere.. Maybe the Jets leaked a first concept design..? emoji849.png

Anyways.. Roughly 24 hours to go.

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app

German Logo is on the right side, above the “take flight” text.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Seems like jerseys get leaked right before the big reveal every time.  What teams should do is set a date and then surprise everyone a week or two before  Like some of these singers that release albums at midnight with no warning.   But of course this would go against the BIG REVEAL  EVENT that teams want to do.  

I hear ya about the 24 hour thing - I meant how all these people (at least 6 Jets, cameramen/women, etc) knew for "couple months" and not ONE said a word?  damn!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure I have.

Pompous ape doesn't believe me.  Too bad. I don't need your clueless validation

You sound so angry

Didn’t say anything about believing you. Just said you ruined it, as in for half a second you had a good comeback, but then you pee’d down that old leg of yours.

Dont project your anger and personality flaws to me. I’m all love baby. Not my fault you have tantrums over dumb sh*t about the uniform.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Funny because they could have had them take photos in like 10 different uniform designs that day, so any leak could be any one of those different uniforms.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I don't like the uniform design either.  But, the overall image design, and the mediocre photoshop work is what makes me think it's a fake.

When the Jets release the image(s), I think they will be far more professional than this.

Ehhhhhh.... maybe. Sometimes agencies give big clients their D-team because they’re impossible to work with and the D-team is good at just giving them what they want and getting that money.

I don't hate them which is surprising.  I don't like the all black uniforms but I was prepared for that.  The green helmet looks nice though the logo us underwhelming, I like the green Jersey with white pants look.  The white jersey with green pants didn't look very good.  I expected to hate them so I guess this is a positive for me.

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I hear ya about the 24 hour thing - I meant how all these people (at least 6 Jets, cameramen/women, etc) knew for "couple months" and not ONE said a word?  damn!

This is crazy. I can’t believe how well the secret was kept considering how impossible that seems nowadays. If only they put this much effort into running the organization properly. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Didn’t say anything about believing you. Just said you ruined it, as in for half a second you had a good comeback, but then you pee’d down that old leg of yours.

Dont project your anger and personality flaws to me. I’m all love baby. Not my fault you have tantrums over dumb sh*t about the uniform.

He never bought me a hat :(

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Funny because they could have had them take photos in like 10 different uniform designs that day, so any leak could be any one of those different uniforms.

This. I say again, this could be from the pitch - which would have included myriad designs. Also explains mediocre art. Pitch decks are usually tossed together quick.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed ape is a target.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Here's the thing, you have much more control over the number of people exposed, early on in the process.

Now, as they're setting up whatever venue the event is going to be at, you have additional people exposed to the marketing materials, etc. etc.  Likewise, the marketing materials are sent out for reproduction which causes additional exposure etc. etc.  

It gets to the point where the janitor or some security guard from where ever this event is going to be can walk into the room the night before and see all this stuff and create the leak.