Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

30 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Eh, Who cares what other teams would or wouldn’t do. Too worried about how we compare then just setting our own standard. 

I care, when it seems they’re making good decisions and the Jets are making dumb ones.  Are you a Yankees fan?  Think they should ditch the pinstripes?

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ehhhhhh.... maybe. Sometimes agencies give big clients their D-team because they’re impossible to work with and the D-team is good at just giving them what they want and getting that money.

Have the Jets ever released anything with a mediocre photoshop job?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I care, when it seems they’re making good decisions and the Jets are making dumb ones.  Are you a Yankees fan?  Think they should ditch the pinstripes?

On the other hand the NBA and international soccer teams make a killing by offering different and funky uniforms.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I am, and I get the pinstripes, but I have had exactly ONE Yankee jersey in my whole life!  ONE!  I have had every type of spring training jersey imagineable.  why?  because the pinstripes is BORING!  It's iconic, I get it, and no I am not saying Yanks should change their uniforms.  I hate the Mets, but man, I would have a field day with those uniforms!  Black cap, black/blue cap, blue cap, black jersey, pinstripe jersey, etc etc etc

so from a marketing standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world.  I JUST bought a Darnold jersey last year.  Normally, I would be good for years, but now I will buy an Adams one in whichever color I like most.  The Jets are NOT the Yankees (in fact NONE of those teams - Packers, Giants, Pats, etc are the Yankees - no team is) so that comparison goes out the window.  Plus, the Jets have already changed their uniforms three times (if you include Titans), and even more if you include minor changes like adding black in the 90s, etc.  The Yankees have NEVER changed a thing.  Let's say they add names on back of the jerseys - then all bets are off.  The change is done, they could basically wear yellow after that point.  Once the Jets made the change to the "80s uniforms" as I call them, all bets were off for them IMHO.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

How is it that you’re always upset with multiple posters and calling people clueless? Go for a walk. Take a breath. Stop whining.

Who an I upset with?

Someone who has no clue about PS and then tells me I don't work with the program all the time.  Who spent no time here came on and decided to complain about me when I didn't say a word to him.

Who's whining now?

9 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I am, and I get the pinstripes, but I have had exactly ONE Yankee jersey in my whole life!  ONE!  I have had every type of spring training jersey imagineable.  why?  because the pinstripes is BORING!  It's iconic, I get it, and no I am not saying Yanks should change their uniforms.  I hate the Mets, but man, I would have a field day with those uniforms!  Black cap, black/blue cap, blue cap, black jersey, pinstripe jersey, etc etc etc

so from a marketing standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world.  I JUST bought a Darnold jersey last year.  Normally, I would be good for years, but now I will buy an Adams one in whichever color I like most.  The Jets are NOT the Yankees (in fact NONE of those teams - Packers, Giants, Pats, etc are the Yankees - no team is) so that comparison goes out the window.  Plus, the Jets have already changed their uniforms three times (if you include Titans), and even more if you include minor changes like adding black in the 90s, etc.  The Yankees have NEVER changed a thing.  Let's say they add names on back of the jerseys - then all bets are off.  The change is done, they could basically wear yellow after that point.  Once the Jets made the change to the "80s uniforms" as I call them, all bets were off for them IMHO.

I get that changes will sell more jerseys.  I’m speaking specifically to these changes, which, stylistically are not befitting the team, imo

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I get that changes will sell more jerseys.  I’m speaking specifically to these changes, which, stylistically are not befitting the team, imo

I get it; we all have our opinions.  It's the Jets fan in me - assume the worst and hope for the best.  I have been on this thread daily and I have seen some iterations of potential designs for the uniforms that were just HORRIBLE!!  So the Jets fan in me thinks these will be awful.  seeing this "leak" this morning I was thrilled!  sure, could the logo be better?  could we do without the new york over the numbers?  yes, but they are not awful.  I will not be embarrassed when they hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy wearing those!  LOL

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Sounds like Jamal is getting upset about the negative feedback: 

Realistically the best they can hope for is somewhere around 30% of Jet fans are happy.  You'll never come up with a design that will please everyone.

There's going to be plenty of bitching regardless.

Jets need to be sure the 30% or so that like the design are mostly kids.  Since those are the only ones swayed to like a team based on uniform/logo.

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

juicebell.jpg

Much obliged, thank you.

Look at the green!  LIMELIGHT!

SAR I

Reminds me of Bernie Williams playing in a band when he was a Yankee.

Good safe release of creative energy.

We should all support Bell and go to his shows.  Take the family.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Realistically the best they can hope for is somewhere around 30% of Jet fans are happy.  You'll never come up with a design that will please everyone.

There's going to be plenty of bitching regardless.

Jets need to be sure the 30% or so that like the design are mostly kids.  Since those are the only ones swayed to like a team based on uniform/logo.

It's funny, because my son and I have been looking at all these supposed designs, and the ones I have liked, he hated and vice versa.  the "leak" from earlier today is the first and only one that we BOTH liked.  so strange!  like you said, there is no pleasing everyone, but to get someone in his forties and a 12 year old to like it is pretty good.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

If those are the real jerseys - I love them. Not sure what the hell there is to bitch about.

Agreed. I’m pleased. Better to be a tad conservative and above average than aggressive and ugly.  They are on par with other NFL teams. 

But are they better than our 68’s?  Nope.

SAR I

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

It's funny, because my son and I have been looking at all these supposed designs, and the ones I have liked, he hated and vice versa.  the "leak" from earlier today is the first and only one that we BOTH liked.  so strange!  like you said, there is no pleasing everyone, but to get someone in his forties and a 12 year old to like it is pretty good.

Nice, good to hear!  Yeah definitely a design success if that's the case.

35 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Lol I don’t think you can really compare an iconic winning team like the Yankees to the Jets. I would agree you can’t change that uniform without major backlash. 

But jets uniform was and never will be “iconic”. There’s a reason everyone’s excited to see new uniforms and change. And barely anyone saying “don’t change it it’s iconic!”