Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

If those are the real jerseys - I love them. Not sure what the hell there is to bitch about.

We waited through all this hype and secrecy to get pretty much the same boring logo we have now, but with "New York" spelled out. With the uniforms looking a lot like Michigan st and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Except social media is consumed with it because the majority of people don't like them.

The majority of people who post on social media do so to complain about a brand. Every time a new iPhone is released you would think it is the worst piece of crap on earth because 100 people whine about it incessantly and you never hear from the millions who are pleased as punch. 

The Jets did a good job.  Not a great job, but a good one.

SAR I 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

We waited through all this hype and secrecy to get pretty much the same boring logo we have now, but with "New York" spelled out. With the uniforms looking a lot like Michigan st and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. 

pretty sad, isn't it ?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If that's true, you've settled it. They're not the new uniforms.

Thankfully.

Not really. The numbers are likely on top of the sleeves...as in you can't see them from a straight on angle like this photo. It seems they were up there from the jersey tease video as well so if anything this is more proof they are real. If you look at the picture you can just barely make out a "1" on Robby right above the Nike swoosh. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not really. The numbers are likely on top of the sleeves...as in you can't see them from a straight on angle like this photo. It seems they were up there from the jersey tease video as well so if anything this is more proof they are real. If you look at the picture you can just barely make out a "1" on Robby right above the Nike swoosh. 

they are.  someone else posted another pic (in this thread) and you can see the numbers on the shoulders, behind the swoosh

14 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

So Garyvee tweeted 2 hours ago that he saw the new uniforms. What must have happened is the Jets showed them to their high roller fans and someone took a picture. Looks like the leaked picture is real :(

If that's true that person needs to be banned from any Jets events including games. **** him or her.

What Gary really said was:

He also does PR, or something like that, for Bell and other players so he may have been on "set" when some of the photos were taken. I wouldn't just assume it was a high roller event. That event is actually the unveiling of the Jerseys tomorrow that only a select group of fans can go to.

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A “drone” once killed a fan at an NFL game

Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
lawnmower.jpg?w=303&h=215&crop=1

In recent years, the term “drone” has acquired a sinister feel, what with all the lethal firepower that unmanned military planes routinely carry and deploy.  So when a non-weaponized remote-controlled helicopter with simply a camera attached to it is called a “drone,” there’s a real difference.

But maybe not a huge difference.

In the wake of the news that a “drone” invaded the airspace of Bank of America Stadium during a recent preseason contest involving the Chiefs and the Panthers, Jim Celania of WFNZ in Charlotte mentioned this morning that a flying lawnmower once killed a fan at a game in the ’70s.

Initially, I assumed that Jim had simply doused his Post Toasties with something more potent than two-percent.  And while that’s still entirely possible, Jim was right.

It happened in December 1979, at Shea Stadium.  The Jets hosted the Patriots, and at halftime the Electronic Eagles of the Radio Control Association of Greater New York took the field, flying a collection of model airplanes.

During the show, a plane shaped like a lawnmower landed in the stands, striking 20-year-old John Bowen and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke.  Bowen, who reportedly “looked like he had been attacked by an ax,” underwent emergency surgery.  Several days later, Bowen died.

Criminal charges never were pursued, but a lawsuit later was filed against the Jets, the Radio Control Association of Greater New York, and Philip Cushman, who was flying the plane.

So, yeah, it’s probably a good idea for the NFL to ensure that “drones” don’t get anywhere close to the paying customers.  Otherwise, the paying customers will opt to watch the games from a place where the lawnmowers remain in the garage, with all wheels on the ground at all times.

I was at that game.  That was horrific.  That lawnmower was screaming when it went out of control and wasted a Patriots fan.  I always wondered how it found a Pats fan in that sea of Green

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

I was at that game.  That was horrific.  That lawnmower was screaming when it went out of control and wasted a Patriots fan.  I always wondered how it found a Pats fan in that sea of Green

Made even more unlikely since Pats fans were almost non-existent prior to 2001.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The supposed leak might be an intentional act to leak a design they turned down to reset expectations for the actual uniforms. No design is going to match months of anticipation. If a lot of people feel disappointed today then they'll be more reasonable about the actual release. 

If these are the actual uniforms then...whatever. They are fine. They could easily be far, far worse like the Jags uniform.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Why would you expect a dramatic logo change? The uniforms are DRASTICALLY different. I am baffled by your response. 

36 minutes ago, static14 said:

Corrected the perspective on the pic and did some very mild image clean up.

AB253F0A-565C-487E-A6F8-A516E9451D44.jpeg

That logo is absolutely disgusting... I will not wear that logo ever... I'll stick to the 80-90s logo that was by far the best. The rest have been absolute trash.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

That logo is absolutely disgusting... I will not don that logo ever... I'll stick to the 80-90s logo that was by far the best. The rest have been absolute trash.

Really? That seems like a bit of an overreaction. It's a simplified version of the current logo. It's just missing the NY and the oval. 

It's not great but it's not off putting. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

That logo is absolutely disgusting... I will not don that logo ever... I'll stick to the 80-90s logo that was by far the best. The rest have been absolute trash.

Looks totally rushed. The black outline is sooo dated. Even the Mets finally dropped the black. The pants stripe is dated. The New York across the chest? Why? Tacky.

A change for the sake of it when you have a solid uniform just doesnt make a ton of sense. These uniforms already look dated and belong in 2004. 

Hell that crazy redesign with the airplane wing on the helmet was cleaner than this mess.

We'll be seeing a change in 5 years when the league lets you change again similar to the Browns.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? That seems like a bit of an overreaction. It's a simplified version of the current logo. It's just missing the NY and the oval. 

Why the stupid football... No other team in the NFL has a football in their logo... Its trash... The font is bad... Its a poor design... You might like it.... I think its lazy

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Looks totally rushed. The black outline is sooo dated. Even the Mets finally dropped the black. The New York across the chest? Why? Tacky.

A change for the sake of it when you have a solid uniform just doesnt make a ton of sense. These uniforms already look dated and belong in 2004. 

Hell that crazy redesign with the airplane wing on the helmet was cleaner than this mess.

We'll be seeing a change in 5 years when the league lets you change again similar to the Browns.

Overall one of the worst logos in the NFL... Not one other team has a football in the logo... A second grader could have designed this... Has nothing to do with Jets, its just bad

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It seems like an odd choice to essentially go back to the 90's uniform and increase the angular lines and then incorporate a curved wordmark rather than just go the whole way and use the 90's wordmark.  As with anything, it will become normal with time, but can you say that the 80s/90s wordmark wouldn't go better with the theme of the rest of this uniform?

1 minute ago, teptep said:

It seems like an odd choice to essentially go back to the 90's uniform and increase the angular lines and then incorporate a curved wordmark rather than just go the whole way and use the 90's wordmark.  As with anything, it will become normal with time, but can you say that the 80s/90s wordmark wouldn't go better with the theme of the rest of this uniform?

Yeah. It's essentially the Coslet uniforms with "futuristic" striping that went out of style like 10 years ago. 

I was expecting more of a Vikings style classic update(the Vikings first update was a disaster similar to this one). Either way, swing and a miss here.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, teptep said:

Plus who puts a football in their logo... It's dumb... has nothing to do with Jets.... Hence why the winged 80-90s logo was by far the best... they had no need to add a football to the design and had the 'winged' top form the J... simple yet relevant

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, teptep said:

I agree it would but I'm not gonna let it ruin my day.

I don't have the capacity to be outraged over a football uniform. 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Plus who puts a football in their logo... It's dumb... has nothing to do with Jets.... Hence why the winged 80-90s logo was by far the best... they had no need to add a football to the design and had the 'winged' top form the J... simple yet relevant

Do you really think the team did this without doing market research? 

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Overall one of the worst logos in the NFL... Not one other team has a football in the logo... A second grader could have designed this... Has nothing to do with Jets, its just bad

Tampa does, but that doesn't really make it any less lame. 

• Haha 1