Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

14 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? That seems like a bit of an overreaction. It's a simplified version of the current logo. It's just missing the NY and the oval. 

It's not great but it's not off putting. 

Odd that the lettering is curved on the helmet.  

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Do you really think the team did this without doing market research? 

Yes, I do, I think they would never do real marketing research because they would never want the logo to leak. In the end, I think they paid a marketing team to come up with a new logo... the various logos circled through the executive team and they chose the one they thought was the best... They never would do any marketing research beyond that (Context.... I work in the industry)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Parcells just brought back the older uniforms that everyone wanted anyways.

No one was clamoring for the old unis at that time.  It wasn't like they were listening to the fans and changed, Parcells wanted to change in 1997 when he took over but wasn't allowed and it got pushed back to 1998.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No one was clamoring for the old unis at that time.  It wasn't like they were listening to the fans and changed, Parcells wanted to change in 1997 when he took over but wasn't allowed and it got pushed back to 1998.

Everyone hated the Coslet uniforms and yes at the time people were happy with the switch back. Parcells made it be known he was going to change them and everyone wanted it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

If this is teally the real uniform, I must say Tennessee did a much better rework of theirs than this.  Lots of nice intricate detail in theirs.  This looks like something a middle school or semi pro team would wear.  Looks really cheap.

I don't like the uniform as it seems like a rip off of the Chargers unis, but the logo is easily gone from mediocre to terrible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Yes, I do, I think they would never do real marketing research because they would never want the logo to leak. In the end, I think they paid a marketing team to come up with a new logo... the various logos circled through the executive team and they chose the one they thought was the best... They never would do any marketing research beyond that (Context.... I work in the industry)

I doubt that. Remember these needed to be approved by the league so they have a say too.

The problem with these uniforms is that they look like they were designed by committee and they were trying to please too many people. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I agree it would but I'm not gonna let it ruin my day.

I don't have the capacity to be outraged over a football uniform. 

The green helmet with the metallic glow is a really good look, though. I bet they will do an 80's wordmark for a throwback the same way the Giants have done. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The majority of people who post on social media do so to complain about a brand. Every time a new iPhone is released you would think it is the worst piece of crap on earth because 100 people whine about it incessantly and you never hear from the millions who are pleased as punch. 

The Jets did a good job.  Not a great job, but a good one.

SAR I 

It looks like they used one of those cheap design your own jersey websites.

If this is really the real uniform, I must say Tennessee did a much better rework of theirs than this.  Lots of nice intricate detail in theirs.  This looks like something a middle school or semi pro team would wear.  Looks really cheap.

I can’t imagine this is what they are unveiling . Also can’t picture Adams and teammates approving this

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Everyone hated the Coslet uniforms and yes at the time people were happy with the switch back. Parcells made it be known he was going to change them and everyone wanted it.

People were thrilled when Parcells changed the uniforms. 

It was so popular the Giants switched to their 1950s and 60s unis a couple of years later.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I just ordered 10 of these im good 

Image result for new york jets new era fitted hat

I mean this logo is a really really bad logo. Our new one isn't much better, but the two fonts, and overlay just don't work. Its like trying to be the yankees version of football. I am not impressed by the "new" logo but its definately a lot better than this one.

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

People were thrilled when Parcells changed the uniforms. 

It was so popular the Giants switched to their 1950s and 60s unis a couple of years later.

People were thrilled because the team went out and won and basically from 1998-2011 we fielded mostly competitive teams.  Since then we have sucked and people wanted a change again.

The Giants uniforms are hideous(the white ones, the blues aren't bad).

7 minutes ago, funaz said:

I mean this logo is a really really bad logo. Our new one isn't much better, but the two fonts, and overlay just don't work. Its like trying to be the yankees version of football. I am not impressed by the "new" logo but its definately a lot better than this one.

Disagree that logo is 1000x better than JETS spelled out over a football, its got the NY in the background and JETS not altered over a football which could have been removed.

Tradition and simple is what I like. 

Image result for 1969 new york jets logo

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I doubt that. Remember these needed to be approved by the league so they have a say too.

The problem with these uniforms is that they look like they were designed by committee and they were trying to please too many people. 

The league committee approves them, Jets Management, and the market team that designed them. They show them to some high value people for 'feedback' but this is more to gauge whether they are completely turned off by them or not because most of these people are yes people and none of them would give true feedback because of the money they already spent getting to the stage to show these high value people. In the end it is always a bad compromise unless you have a strong owner who will demand better.

Just saying, I have been through a lot of these conversations... this is essentially that short story of what happens.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

People hated them because the team sucked, if we won people would have liked them.  Same for these new unis, if we win we'll love them.  We did win the SB in a variation of that previous uni but then sucked basically every year after that which is why they switched to the 80s version to begin with.

9 minutes ago, funaz said:

No way... its way worse... but that is subjective... still the worst logo in the nfl.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The majority of people who post on social media do so to complain about a brand. Every time a new iPhone is released you would think it is the worst piece of crap on earth because 100 people whine about it incessantly and you never hear from the millions who are pleased as punch. 

The Jets did a good job.  Not a great job, but a good one.

SAR I 

That's correct. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Opinions and personal preference is what it's all about. 

Remember WE cannot control what the NY Jets and Nike choose but we don't have to buy it. 

I don’t buy or wear team wear to begin with.  That doesn’t mean this isn’t the cheapest looking uniform and logo in the league.  Terrible.

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I bet the unis look better then the low quality picture shows if these are true... but again, why that logo

It's kind of plain, but not horrible. The old one was worse because the NY outline behind the word Jets was kind of clumsy. They should have incorporated the Concord arrow thingy into it.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tradition and simple is what I like. 

The old logo is not simple. It still has a stupid football in it, and its a mess of different design elements. You like it because its been our logo forever. The new logo is much simpler, it may be a little meh, but its not complicated.