Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

The old logo is not simple. It still has a stupid football in it, and its a mess of different design elements. You like it because its been our logo forever. The new logo is much simpler, it may be a little meh, but its not complicated.

J E T S is simple as it gets.......

Image result for JETS fail pics

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Then what's your point? 

That these jerseys and logo are some of the cheapest looking in the league.  The AAF stuff looks better.  And the logo is just a rehash of the most unoriginal logo in the league.  You could replace the word jets with any team name in the league and it would work exactly the same.  As boring as could be.  

No one said you have to agree.  We are allowed to have opinions that differ.  If you like these cheap looking dollar general uniforms, thats your perogative.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That these jerseys and logo are some of the cheapest looking in the league.  The AAF stuff looks better.  And the logo is just a rehash of the most unoriginal logo in the league.  You could replace the word jets with any team name in the league and it would work exactly the same.  As boring as could be.  

No one said you have to agree.  We are allowed to have opinions that differ.  If you like these cheap looking dollar general uniforms, thats your perogative.

I agree the newly released stuff is trash. 

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You make no sense.

You can put any word on any logo and they will look the same...

What new uniforms do you like? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

The Vikings were able to pull off new and traditional with their update. That's probably the best one to date. Buffalo did a great job with theirs too, as the update from the Kelly era to Bledsoe was a disaster(similar to these Jets uni's)

The Browns update was a disaster. The Jaguars had to tone theirs down too. 

These Jets uniforms are a clear downgrade, but as Butterfield also pointed out, they also look cheap.

• Upvote 1

People need to accept that in the days of lazy digital media, companies are paid millions to strip down classic logos into something that’s easy to replicate, easy to flip colours on, easy to put on everything. 

Take my English football team, West Ham. We had a crest that everyone loved, and we paid design company hundreds of thousands of pounds to “rebrand us” and they came up with the one on the right. It’s horrific. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZzPZtoHZhPurahmcA

All the Jets have done is make the same logo more digital-friendly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Vikings were able to pull off new and traditional with their update. The Browns update was a disaster. The Jaguars had to tone theirs down too. 

These Jets uniforms are a clear downgrade, but as Butterfield also pointed out, they look cheap.

I don’t agree.

The Vikings and Jaguars updates were barley noticeable changes.

We are going for a fresh new identity to bring in a new era.

im not sure how you can say they look cheap based on a cellphone photo.

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

The logo shouldn’t need to have the team name spelled out to begin with.  I already stated, the Titans last year, while not perfect, looked much better than these dollar store ripoffs.  Nice intricate detail.  Seriously, these look like the crap you can get at a discount store.  Absolutely trash.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Vikings were able to pull off new and traditional with their update. That's probably the best one to date. Buffalo did a great job with theirs too, as the update from the Kelly era to Bledsoe was a disaster(similar to these Jets uni's)

The Browns update was a disaster. The Jaguars had to tone theirs down too. 

These Jets uniforms are a clear downgrade, but as Butterfield also pointed out, they also look cheap.

Yes, the vikings looked great as well.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, British Jet said:

People need to accept that in the days of lazy digital media, companies are paid millions to strip down classic logos into something that’s easy to replicate, easy to flip colours on, easy to put on everything. 

Take my English football team, West Ham. We had a crest that everyone loved, and we paid design company hundreds of thousands of pounds to “rebrand us” and they came up with the one on the right. It’s horrific. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZzPZtoHZhPurahmcA

All the Jets have done is make the same logo more digital-friendly. 

This is true too. Look at what the NFL did to the Super Bowl logos.

4 minutes ago, static14 said:

Im back to thinking this is another fake. New York is a different size on each jersey above the numbers.

4930DA60-7326-4286-ACE3-269CBEE7E393.jpeg

I don't think so.

Full-size numbers like 89, 92, 23 are slightly wider than "new york".

81 which takes up less room because of the "1" ends up being slightly less width than "new york".

And 11 of course takes up very little space.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The logo shouldn’t need to have the team name spelled out to begin with.  I already stated, the Titans last year, while not perfect, looked much better than these dollar store ripoffs.  Nice intricate detail.  Seriously, these look like the crap you can get at a discount store.  Absolutely trash.  

Don’t agree. New titans uniforms are too soft and will feel outdated in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Why would you expect a dramatic logo change? The uniforms are DRASTICALLY different. I am baffled by your response. 

Are they drastically different?

I mean, they look like a modernization of the Coslet unis.

image.thumb.png.7f86dbaad2be4152f99d9e0efb4af798.png

• Upvote 1

I think the bottom line on how these jerseys will be received is what happens around the rest of the league. If we are one of the first few teams to usher in the new era of the NFL with these jerseys and most, if not all, other teams follow suit with updates, they will be fine. If other teams hang on to their current jerseys for the next 10-15 years, we will look like oddballs. 

Go take a look at the jerseys around the league from the early 90's....they aren't much to look at. Perhaps in 20 years or so from now we will look back to the jerseys of today and feel the same way. 

35 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

People were thrilled because the team went out and won and basically from 1998-2011 we fielded mostly competitive teams.  Since then we have sucked and people wanted a change again.

The Giants uniforms are hideous(the white ones, the blues aren't bad).

I agree with everything you said.  and to say "everyone was thrilled with the change in 98" is just absurd.  I, for one, was not.  took me a LONG time to get used to those uniforms, as I always loved the green helmets.

and the giants are ridiculous.  blue is boring, and white is awful!  "big blue" with white/red jerseys and grey pants.  and they copied Jets last time - betcha they change their uniforms in the next couple years again!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm just catching up here.  177 pages in this thread....whoa boy!  Is the assumption now that this picture is legit and these are the uniforms?

Yup.....also, you may want to cancel that trip you had planned on the Hindenburg ?

7 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

These potential jets uniforms feel cheap and outdated and they haven’t even been released yet.  

Don't necessarily disagree but the picture quality is horrible... it's very possible that with a normal image it will look much better. 

Hope so anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The league committee approves them, Jets Management, and the market team that designed them. They show them to some high value people for 'feedback' but this is more to gauge whether they are completely turned off by them or not because most of these people are yes people and none of them would give true feedback because of the money they already spent getting to the stage to show these high value people. In the end it is always a bad compromise unless you have a strong owner who will demand better.

Just saying, I have been through a lot of these conversations... this is essentially that short story of what happens.

This is how it goes, and also agree with a previous poster who mentioned that the designers often move away from the logic of their original vision after back and forth with a conflicted client as watered-down iterations come down the pipe.  Often, the result of this capitulation  is a Frankenstein concept to appease different factions of an organization.  This uniform can be marketed as an "amalgam" of the best of previous Jets uniforms, but that logo on that helmet strikes me as a sign of an unfortunate compromise.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't think so.

Full-size numbers like 89, 92, 23 are slightly wider than "new york".

81 which takes up less room because of the "1" ends up being slightly less width than "new york".

And 11 of course takes up very little space.

I don’t know what’s real anymore!

GxUC.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

603011661_ScreenShot2019-04-03at3_02_20PM.thumb.png.2469c55d918b4d0de339e4ba63125bd6.png

Soooo....where do we fall on the chart now?

I know the Jets have had Kelly Green and Hunter Green.  Would have been fun to go with Hooker.

I'll just go ahead and say it before anyone else does....it looks like the green they used with the black jerseys is Harlequin...which is fitting because the new logo is a joke!

• Haha 1