Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

Just a side note. I dont think the leaked unis have the NFL 100 logo on their neck like every uniform for the upcoming season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's brilliant marketing - leak a concept photo that a lot of people don't really like, reduce their existing merchandise by 30%, and then release the real uni's tomorrow night. People that hate the leaked image will frantically buy up the old stuff as they wipe the perspiration off of their foreheads. The Johnsons then grin ear to ear. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

Well, what I think I've learned in this thread is that you guys suck at fashion and the Jets may be moving to Saskatchewan. Other than that, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow night for some finality.  :P 

30% off sale going on Jets Shop 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You make no sense.

You can put any word on any logo and they will look the same...

What new uniforms do you like? 

 

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

8FCFD57E-77E3-49F8-82AE-D4D30A27364F.jpeg

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

What they did with the helmets is really boring. I was hoping for something like thisImage result for jets helmet history

But it seems we went with something like thisimage.jpeg.b69573bc25495ece3454a8f92471c518.jpeg

The bottom one would be great! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

30% off sale going on Jets Shop 

it will be 50% off sale 25 hours from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lot K Tailgaters said:

These jerseys are like Jets Rewards cards.  A bust that the Jets will try to convince the fans are great.  

Investment Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

This pretty much nails it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Haha point proven. this is a bad ass logo

That literally took me 5 minutes on MS Word.  It took me longer to figure out how to save it in a format to upload then to actually "design" it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

What they did with the helmets is really boring. I was hoping for something like thisImage result for jets helmet history

But it seems we went with something like thisimage.jpeg.b69573bc25495ece3454a8f92471c518.jpeg

So almost the exact same goddamn thing? 

Who the eff really thought they were bringing back the 80s-90s text logo? That design was tired in 1991.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Here's the thing, you have much more control over the number of people exposed, early on in the process.

Now, as they're setting up whatever venue the event is going to be at, you have additional people exposed to the marketing materials, etc. etc.  Likewise, the marketing materials are sent out for reproduction which causes additional exposure etc. etc.  

It gets to the point where the janitor or some security guard from where ever this event is going to be can walk into the room the night before and see all this stuff and create the leak.

Thanks for hossiersplaning this for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

These jerseys are like Jets Rewards cards.  A bust that the Jets will try to convince the fans are great.  

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30% off sale going on Jets Shop 

Shouldn’t it be more than 30% ? That’s pretty weak. If it was 50% I might actually buy one of those immediately outdated jerseys.

For what it’s worth I just showed my 11 year old son the pic of the new unis and he thinks they are “awesome!”
Loves the brighter green. Loves the addition of the black and the most interesting observation was that. He pridefully said. “We can actually see the word JETS on the helmet. The old logo looked like a bunch of different stuff mushed together.” Haha!!

Not a bad interpretation from the vantage point of youth. Maybe they know pleasing all of us gray bearded old timers is almost impossible anyway. lol





Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

8FCFD57E-77E3-49F8-82AE-D4D30A27364F.jpeg

There's also this:

 

ff_2546407_full.jpg&w=340

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

I thought the best part of the rewards program was on-field access, but after awhile even that gets tired.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Agreed.  The bengals basically already had this helmet design in the 70s with bengals across the helmet.  All we did was add a football.  Its just terrible design.  A team with the name jets has so much potential when it comes to logo design and this team just spells out the word.  Terrible.

8FCFD57E-77E3-49F8-82AE-D4D30A27364F.jpeg

Is it possible that the logo is not on the helmet? Or maybe there is a secondary logo that is more dynamic that will be on merchandise, like the Rams, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Hey look....I too can design the logo for a football team!

1409150694_Screenshot2019-04-0318_25_20.jpg.de55a3259e9a2271658513b7ccbd1c8f.jpg

Great Googly Moogly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...