Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll explain for them: If you can replace another name in your logo it is a design fail. Their needs to be some concept that links the imagery to the place/team or it isn't done that well. I'm not referring to what is on a helmet, I'm referring to a team logo. 

Lol you have no ******* idea what you’re talking about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 5:23 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

What is your expectation about the new uniforms?  In the past couple of years I thought the Jets' uniforms looked great and they should've left well enough alone.  I'm expecting that I'll think the new ones will be worse than the current uniforms.  I'm just hoping they don't royally screw them up.  I don't want the team to look like clowns when Darnold finally wins us a Superbowl.

I don't see why a poll would be merged into an existing thread (that didn't have the poll).  In any case, if the leaked uniforms are the real ones then I do think the new uniforms are worse than the previous ones.  They're not a train wreck but they don't look worthy of a professional football team.

Btw, the shoulder stripes look like a rip-off of the Chargers' uniforms.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

cjbhvsa6shofavsomiwi

Jets with the Broncos striping 20 years later. 

It’s not the same. They’re both striping so I guess that’s the same.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdels62 said:

It’s not the same. They’re both striping so I guess that’s the same.

The pants stripe is that late 90's early 2000's template that was started by Denver and used mostly by mid tier college programs and high schools. Just looks dated.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Has anyone of note confirmed that these are legit? 

I'm still waiting for SAR I to comment if these leaked ones match what he heard about the jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

The pants stripe is that late 90's early 2000's template that was started by Denver and used mostly by mid tier college programs and high schools. Just looks dated.

The pant stripe is the wedge that they’ve used in their marketing for this reveal. It’s not curved and doesn’t continue onto the shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't see why a poll would be merged into an existing thread (that didn't have the poll).  In any case, if the leaked uniforms are the real ones then I do think the new uniforms are worse than the previous ones.  They're not a train wreck but they don't look worthy of a professional football team.

The shoulder stripes look like a rip-off of the Chargers' uniforms.

Chargers, Viking, Broncos, and I think the Titans and Panthers are all using some form of single tiger stripe now. It's basically a mashup of existing uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

It looks like they used one of those cheap design your own jersey websites.

No NFL team has a breakthrough, radically designed primary uniform.  That’s what alternates are for.  I’m not sure why anyone thought the Jets were going to reinvent the wheel here. 

What we have is on par with other NFL teams in modern uniforms. It’s not awesome. It’s not ugly. It’s just average. 

Personally, I thought our 68’s were Top 10 in the league but apparently the Jets and some fans thought otherwise. 

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

No NFL team has a breakthrough, radically designed primary uniform.  That’s what alternates are for.  I’m not sure why anyone thought the Jets were going to reinvent the wheel here. 

What we have is on par with other NFL teams in modern uniforms. It’s not awesome. It’s not ugly. It’s just average. 

Personally, I thought our 68’s were Top 10 in the league but apparently the Jets and some fans thought otherwise. 

SAR I

The most individual looking jerseys in the nfl are Seahawks and Denver and they’re panned all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdels62 said:

The most individual looking jerseys in the nfl are Seahawks and Denver and they’re panned all the time.

I don't care for the Bronco jersey but the Seahawk jersey looks kind of ridiculous.  Both were downgrades over the previous versions (just like the leaked ones for the Jets are a downgrade).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, static14 said:

Im back to thinking this is another fake. New York is a different size on each jersey above the numbers.

 

 

4930DA60-7326-4286-ACE3-269CBEE7E393.jpeg

No, it’s not. The jerseys that look different have the number “1” on them which is obviously narrower than number “9” or “2” etc. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically took cues from a few of the uniforms above, and then failed to consider nuance in the design, or make them work with our specific colors. Really a crappy job all around. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, static14 said:

Im back to thinking this is another fake. New York is a different size on each jersey above the numbers.

 

 

4930DA60-7326-4286-ACE3-269CBEE7E393.jpeg

I hope they're fake.  It's like we took the mid-80's helmet (with a little different shade of green) with Charger lightning bolts on the shoulders.  Not sure how I'd describe the jerseys themselves though.  I feel like maybe they're similar to the early 90's uniforms?  But maybe it's either Michigan State or Tulane?

I really wanted a white stripe on the center of the helmet.  Very disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Reading some of these posts are hysterical.  What a bunch of whiners. 

Exactly. 

What’s the most fresh/radical uniform in the NFL?  Bucs?  Seahawks?  That’s what people are crying about?  They look like vomit. 

I’ll take conservative over those nightmares any day. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope they're fake.  It's like we took the mid-80's helmet (with a little different shade of green) with Charger lightning bolts on the shoulders.  Not sure how I'd describe the jerseys themselves though.  I feel like maybe they're similar to the early 90's uniforms?  But maybe it's either Michigan State or Tulane?

I really wanted a white stripe on the center of the helmet.  Very disappointed.

Saskatchewan. But with a childish helmet logo.

EU75512-2048x1687-1.thumb.jpg.44ecee8ae0e65a5327c9249b1ba7fd50.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

What’s the most fresh/radical uniform in the NFL?  Bucs?  Seahawks?  That’s what people are crying about?  They look like vomit. 

I’ll take conservative over those nightmares any day. 

SAR I

20190403_111442.jpg.d7eb3b594c55c482f84e124ba0d250bd.jpg

If this is the actual helmet logo, its embarrassing, childish, amateur, and indefensible. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saskatchewan. But with a childish helmet logo.

EU75512-2048x1687-1.thumb.jpg.44ecee8ae0e65a5327c9249b1ba7fd50.jpg

We wear green, and we play football. It’s not a coincidence that we look like other teams that wear green.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@SAR I Do the leaked jerseys comport with what you had heard?

Yes. Two-color green helmet. Logo not much different. Green color that is slightly tweaked. Uniform styling described to me as “conservative and sort of 80’s”.  So I do think these are them.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope they're fake.  It's like we took the mid-80's helmet (with a little different shade of green) with Charger lightning bolts on the shoulders.  Not sure how I'd describe the jerseys themselves though.  I feel like maybe they're similar to the early 90's uniforms?  But maybe it's either Michigan State or Tulane?

I really wanted a white stripe on the center of the helmet.  Very disappointed.

Yeah the lack of stripe is amateur hour too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Manziel?

The name of the city over the number on the front. I think the Browns are the only other team to have done it... we're modeling ourselves after the Manziel Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes. Two-color green helmet. Logo not much different. Green color that is slightly tweaked. Uniform styling described to me as “conservative and sort of 80’s”.  So I do think these are them.

SAR I

After a strong leak you finally give us some info??   Lame.  You probably believe these are them and and trying to save face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

20190403_111442.jpg.d7eb3b594c55c482f84e124ba0d250bd.jpg

If this is the actual helmet logo, its embarrassing, childish, amateur, and indefensible. 

Why?  It’s our 50-years-strong brand identity with the oval removed and the New York relocated to the chest.  It’s fine.

You really going to weep over a sketch of a toy airplane?  Jet engine technology isn’t very exciting.  Passenger planes?  Please.  Fighter jets and military imagery sends the wrong message.  A diagonal contrail line isn’t a logo. It doesn’t say anything let alone “Jets”.  

The best solution is either a big ass “NY” like all the other major New York teams fall back on or staying the course with our team name and a football icon. 

The only other opportunity was renaming the team entirely, either towards an animal (Lions, Bears, half the league) or aggressive human (Chief, Cowboy, the other half of the league).  The Browns are named after a business executive and the Jets are named after an outdated technology.  These two teams have crappy naming conventions. It’s what it is.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

 

 

Honestly they should have gone with one of the Oregon type unit.  They look more vibrant and fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

What’s the most fresh/radical uniform in the NFL?  Bucs?  Seahawks?  That’s what people are crying about?  They look like vomit. 

I’ll take conservative over those nightmares any day. 

SAR I

The conversation of uniform updates should begin and end with Oregon's strategy. Not necessarily copying the designs, but having the balls to do something that sets the next trend, champions refined design quality and aesthetics, and centers all design decisions around an appropriate design metaphor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Has anyone of note confirmed that these are legit? 

Conner Hughes said he was told they were it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prime21 said:

After a strong leak you finally give us some info??   Lame.  You probably believe these are them and and trying to save face.

Oh, he's full of bologna as usual. I'm not sure how, after all these years, anyone gives him the benefit of the doubt.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After taking everything into account so far, I believe those of us who aren't thrilled with these new uni's will be highly disappointed tomorrow.  I was hoping this was created to misdirect us but the leaked image was a pic taken by someone in the presence of that poster.  Not sure if this was mentioned earlier today but look at the full higher quality image attached.  You can see it was photographed behind glass.  On the left, you can see the reflection of light and of the guy taking it.  He's wearing a hat?  

 

7673DFCE-BAFC-455C-A4B6-CF1C76C0E4D8.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prime21 said:

Conner Hughes said he was told they were it.  

By who? Brian Costello? Who read it on twitter? Beat writers are the last source I'd rely on... 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...