Jump to content
Mogglez

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Could NOT DISAGREE MORE with what you stated. Respectfully disagree.

Who gives a flying Fickle of the winning percentage of the team and how that correlates to the uniforms they wore at the time. The teams sucked back then b/c Leon Hess (GREAT AMERICAN! RIP.) was interested in COST EFFICIENCY in running his "side business" of an NFL team in NYC and never invested heavily in scouting and quality management. The ONE solid GM during that era, IMO, Dick Steinberg, died on us. The Jets sucked b/c of management & coaching, not their uniforms. 

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly. They were simple and not too complicated - and you know, ACTUALLY INCORPORATED the Team Name into the LOGO. In addition, the kids who grew up during that era are NOW the middle aged fans who drop $$$ as STHs, merchandise consumers, away games traveling fans. etc. and competent TEAM marketing will recognize that and try to CAPITALIZE on that nostalgia factor.

giphy.gif 

agree.  LOVE those helmets, LOVE the logo back then.  I do like our current jerseys better though.

However, I believe the Jets are going in a completely new direction.  Someone mentioned on these forums a few weeks back that when they switched Darnold's/McCown's practice jerseys from red/white to black/green that the Jets twitter account tweeted out asking Jets nation what we thought of the new look.  almost like it was a glimpse at the direction they are going?  obviously not those exact jerseys, but more black?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You think they are giving us hints of what is coming? 

That's truly terrifying 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slats said:

The logo and green helmets were boring, and the black was horrendous. 

Throwing back to the uniforms that the franchise won a Super Bowl in made sense, trying to build a winning culture and all. There's nothing adventageous about going back to the 80s-90s logo. It stands for nothing but ineptitude. If they're changing the logo again, they should change it to something new, interesting, and modern. 

And no black. 

Of course, I'm bracing for that dull logo with a black outline because what else would these guys do? 

It's not meant to be "Advantageous" it's MEANT TO SELL MERCHANDISE FOR $$$$ by PANDERING to NOSTALGIA of the CURRENT Jets fan Demographic (30-50 year old who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, & the most likely of all fans to spend cash on the NY Jets for themselves or brainwashing their offspring to convert.) You're not getting it, IMO, if you don't see that.

I agree that black is retread area. I don't loathe it, but agree more originality is imperative.

I think they can go with a Chrome/Stainless Steel outline for the Helmet Font and Number decals instead of the aforementioned Black outline. Nothing garish, but considerate of you know, the natural raw material color of Jets. I could see an ALL Steel Grey uniform with White and subtle Green or Darker Grey accents to help it pop - probably similar to Seattle's Grey uni. NYC is a Northeast City - we reflect the weather in our daily fashion: Grey, Black, Navy Blue seems natural, IMO. I think Grey can be tastefully implemented as an alternative to Black. 

They can also update the Jets font and "plane" that plays off the 80s/90s logo and possibly use different angles of a Jet(s) (bird's eye silhouette w/drag, Jet taking off in upward angle, 3/4 angle under shot, front facing silhouette - my favorite concept for helmet above the facemask/faceshield) and not only be limited to the 80/90s profile shot of a Jet which you find dull. I find it simple, but agree it can be upgraded and done "cooler" w/3D modeling and better technology to really upgrade the graphical design aspect which seems like the basis of your criticism. 

I simply, but respectfully, disagree. 
 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's not meant to be "Advantageous" it's MEANT TO SELL MERCHANDISE FOR $$$$ by PANDERING to NOSTALGIA of the CURRENT Jets fan Demographic (30-50 year old who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, & the most likely of all fans to spend cash on the NY Jets for themselves or brainwashing their offspring to convert. You're not getting it, IMO, if you don't see that.

I was in junior high when they changed to that logo. Back then, every team in the AFCe had white hats, and the hope was that Richard Todd might better be able to identify his own receivers if the helmets were a different color. He still found A.J. Duhe just fine. So I'd be at the tail end of your demographic here, but I wouldn't be buying. Lol. It's the logo of Dick Todd and Dick Kotite. I understand your point, I just don't agree with it. And I think older fans (a group I also can identify with) would tend to agree that that whole era is best forgotten. 

But yeah, those black jerseys for the QBs are probably some forshadowing. These muli-green flags they're handing out could be another tip. I'm hoping for a complete redo on the logo, though, if they feel the need to change it (and it seems like they do). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

+1

I got custom sneakers made for Jets games this year and incorporated Gun metal into the scheme along with Green and White. I think they came out pretty sweet.

 

IMG_8993.JPGIMG_8994.JPG

and the CUSTOM ID:

NY Jets Season Ticket Holder Section 245A

IMG_8995.JPG

so @T0mShane, @Patriot Killa & @greenwichjetfan

for ragging on my previous kicks from the preseason:

Eat a D!çk Semen-I sandwich.   

 

Nice 1970s Eagles kicks, yo. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be in the minority, but I really like the 80's "Jet" logo and would love to see it in green on a white helmet.  

I also thought the shade of green on the flag giveaway was curious and was not a big fan of it and hope that it is NOT a preview of next year's uniform color.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Nice 1970s Eagles kicks, yo. 

The cafeteria is serving apple sauce today, nutcracker, go get on line before the nurses usher you out of the common room and end your daily internet-time ration. Go along now provocateur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The cafeteria is serving apple sauce today, nutcracker, go get on line before the nurses usher you out of the common room and end your daily internet-time ration. Go along now provocateur. 

No gray. No silver. 

We are the NEW YORK JETS..... not the Philadelphia Eagles - a team from a crap town with a fan base second only in obnoxiousness to the Bills.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I might be in the minority, but I really like the 80's "Jet" logo and would love to see it in green on a white helmet.  

I also thought the shade of green on the flag giveaway was curious and was not a big fan of it and hope that it is NOT a preview of next year's uniform color.  

+1 Agree. 

It's CLEARLY a generational taste "Thing" in which you grew up with that logo and loved it (scars and all) or you predate that logo's implementation and have an understandable "negative association" with it. 

It's a matter of personal taste and reflected more by age in terms the "style" of Jets uniform partiality. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No gray. No silver. 

We are the NEW YORK JETS..... not the Philadelphia Eagles - a team from a crap town with a fan base second only in obnoxiousness to the Bills.

That's your opinion.

You are wrong and so is your declaration. My Opinion.

Opinions are subjective. Not here to argue and "choose a side," just exchanging ideas on how to update the current situation in a tasteful and universal (as possible) manner to appease AS MANY Jets Fans as possible. Not everyone will be happy; Welcome to Life.

Now scuttle along and go get your apple sauce. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

21 pages about uniforms? wow

We're a fashionably conscious Fan-base. LOL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's your opinion.

You are wrong and so is your declaration. My Opinion.

Opinions are subjective. Not here to argue and "choose a side," just exchanging ideas on how to update the current situation in a tasteful and universal (as possible) manner to appease AS MANY Jets Fans as possible. Not everyone will be happy; Welcome to Life.

Now scuttle along and go get your apple sauce. 😄

Thats the best part of uniform discussions.  When people say no, flat out to colors or a design.  That tell others what we are and are not.  Its all opinion and if the uniforms are done right, like Jax IMO, colors wont be all that important, they'll look good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slats said:

If this is what they do, it's not worth doing.

I agree, just not for the reasons you cite.

3 hours ago, slats said:

 

Jets don't need to throwback to the 80s-90s logo.

Says you. 

Others clearly feel differently, and those others are in the maximum-cash-to-blow Adult Manchild Demographic marketers love.

3 hours ago, slats said:

It's not like that was a successful era for the franchise.

As opposed to all the Super Bowls we won in the 70's, or since they changed it back to the 60's style?  

Success isn't about the Uniform, it's about the Organization.  

3 hours ago, slats said:

If they're going to change the logo, come up with something brand new.

I agree.

3 hours ago, slats said:

I'd prefer a couple different shades of green to anything involving black or gray. Those are lazy, uninspired choices. And also, while the Jets have a lifetime winning percentage of just .453, it dropped to .351 when they added black. What's the nostalgia there? 

I agree, no black.

If this is the best they can do, I would say "don't bother" and just stick with the current Uni's with a once-a-year 80's Kelly Green + Logo Throwback game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats the best part of uniform discussions.  When people say no, flat out to colors or a design.  That tell others what we are and are not.  Its all opinion and if the uniforms are done right, like Jax IMO, colors wont be all that important, they'll look good.

I agree with you on Jax:  they look much better.  good choice.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's your opinion.

You are wrong and so is your declaration. My Opinion.

Opinions are subjective. Not here to argue and "choose a side," just exchanging ideas on how to update the current situation in a tasteful and universal (as possible) manner to appease AS MANY Jets Fans as possible. Not everyone will be happy; Welcome to Life.

Now scuttle along and go get your apple sauce. 😄

You're an angry little man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 weeks to go lol..

(I'm still holding out hope the old 80's logo comes back in some way or some form..green and white..what shade?  Stripes? Green or white helmet I'm all cool with just..the 80's logo and green and white..) 

 

thumb.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they will  go retro.  Hopefully Darnold is the start of a new era so they may go with a new design.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I don't think they will  go retro.  Hopefully Darnold is the start of a new era so they may go with a new design.

I agree but I'd love the 80s style uni with the current darker green

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will rent a plane to fly a banner against the 80s logo ... And Kelly green.

 

27 weeks to go lol..

(I'm still holding out hope the old 80's logo comes back in some way or some form..green and white..what shade?  Stripes? Green or white helmet I'm all cool with just..the 80's logo and green and white..) 

 

thumb.jpg.bb3d722f296ffeb0b37a5ef4f7fe7d4b.jpg

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree with you on Jax:  they look much better.  good choice.

The numbers on the new Jax uniforms remind me of the ones on our early 80’s unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 9:50 PM, Butterfield said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

Best one yet. Any legitimacy to this or just a fan‘s design?

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You're an angry little man. 

Please VALIDATE your SLANDER. Where have I shown "anger" towards you? 

You're the one who comes across as an "angry little man" with your OWN posts because some may consider Grey as an appropriate color:

14 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No gray. No silver. 

We are the NEW YORK JETS..... not the Philadelphia Eagles - a team from a crap town with a fan base second only in obnoxiousness to the Bills.

That sounds angrier than whatever I posted in this thread regarding the uniforms. So please keep to yourself if you feel like addressing me in the future, "yo." 

Even if I were little, it's not the size of the man, but the size of his balls and his word that matter. Go eat a D1ck Semen-i sandwich. :D

Gastineau >>>>>> Klecko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Klecko73isGod

AND since it's 1:29AM and NOW Sept. 20th as I type this, I'll take the HIGH ROAD and say to you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY you OLD MFer!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Best one yet. Any legitimacy to this or just a fan‘s design?

 

 

Completely agree. I originally didn't want to change anything but this one has been THE ONLY one posted that has caught my interest. Really hope its this one or something very similiar to that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided I want to stay green and white only but Kelly green, and a completely new logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Could NOT DISAGREE MORE with what you stated. Respectfully disagree.

Who gives a flying Fickle of the winning percentage of the team and how that correlates to the uniforms they wore at the time. The teams sucked back then b/c Leon Hess (GREAT AMERICAN! RIP.) was interested in COST EFFICIENCY in running his "side business" of an NFL team in NYC and never invested heavily in scouting and quality management. The ONE solid GM during that era, IMO, Dick Steinberg, died on us. The Jets sucked b/c of management & coaching, not their uniforms. 

I grew up watching the Jets during that era (1886-present) and while I appreciate the nostalgia and understand YOUR association of "the losing years", I don't consider those uniforms and logos ugly. They were simple and not too complicated - and you know, ACTUALLY INCORPORATED the Team Name into the LOGO. In addition, the kids who grew up during that era are NOW the middle aged fans who drop $$$ as STHs, merchandise consumers, away games traveling fans. etc. and competent TEAM marketing will recognize that and try to CAPITALIZE on that nostalgia factor.

giphy.gif 

 

Wow. I didn't realize there was even a league in 1886. :-)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Please VALIDATE your SLANDER. Where have I shown "anger" towards you? 

You're the one who comes across as an "angry little man" with your OWN posts because some may consider Grey as an appropriate color:

That sounds angrier than whatever I posted in this thread regarding the uniforms. So please keep to yourself if you feel like addressing me in the future, "yo." 

Even if I were little, it's not the size of the man, but the size of his balls and his word that matter. Go eat a D1ck Semen-i sandwich. :D

Gastineau >>>>>> Klecko

You're adorable.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...