Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We wear green, and we play football. It’s not a coincidence that we look like other teams that wear green.

Except that we don’t look like them now.  The similarities with the new unis  are that they both look like ******* Division III uniforms 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The name of the city over the number on the front. I think the Browns are the only other team to have done it... we're modeling ourselves after the Manziel Browns.

Yeah I got your point. I was distracted by the choice of Manziel.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

What’s the most fresh/radical uniform in the NFL?  Bucs?  Seahawks?  That’s what people are crying about?  They look like vomit. 

I’ll take conservative over those nightmares any day. 

SAR I

The old uniforms were conservative, and a link to the only team in this sh*tdick franchise's history to ever win a chip to boot. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

After taking everything into account so far, I believe those of us who aren't thrilled with these new uni's will be highly disappointed tomorrow.  I was hoping this was created to misdirect us but the leaked image was a pic taken by someone in the presence of that poster.  Not sure if this was mentioned earlier today but look at the full higher quality image attached.  You can see it was photographed behind glass.  On the left, you can see the reflection of light and of the guy taking it.  He's wearing a hat?  

83EA77AC-14A6-4C51-A9DE-F2B8E0628FFD.jpeg

ZPqxzBA.png

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We wear green, and we play football. It’s not a coincidence that we look like other teams that wear green.

Every NFL teams uniform resembles someone else’s uniform. There isn’t any new ground to be discovered.   Shirts and pants have been around for thousands of years, shocker. 

When people look at the helmet will they realize we are the New York Jets? When people look at the colors and the uniform will people realize we are the New York Jets?

Fundamentally that’s all the uniform needs to accomplish.  And it does.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Except that we don’t look like them now

Because our green didn’t transition well to Nike fabrics? And we have a green helmet now? 

People wanted brighter green, we got it. It’s a nice color and the helmet is a good color. We haven’t seen it in motion and that will matter.

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly. 

What’s the most fresh/radical uniform in the NFL?  Bucs?  Seahawks?  That’s what people are crying about?  They look like vomit. 

I’ll take conservative over those nightmares any day. 

SAR I

So you're essentially saying "don't hate them because they could have been worse".  I'd rather they kept their previous uniforms (which were really good, btw)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes. Two-color green helmet. Logo not much different. Green color that is slightly tweaked. Uniform styling described to me as “conservative and sort of 80’s”.  So I do think these are them.

SAR I

I hope so. I kinda like them.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every NFL teams uniform resembles someone else’s uniform. There isn’t any new ground to be discovered.   Shirts and pants have been around for thousands of years, shocker. 

When people look at the helmet will they realize we are the New York Jets? When people look at the colors and the uniform will people realize we are the New York Jets?

SAR I

The old uniform did all of that. A lot better than this one does.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why?  It’s our 50-years-strong brand identity with the oval removed and the New York relocated to the chest.  It’s fine.

You really going to weep over a sketch of a toy airplane?  Jet engine technology isn’t very exciting.  Passenger planes?  Please.  Fighter jets and military imagery sends the wrong message.  A diagonal contrail line isn’t a logo. It doesn’t say anything let alone “Jets”.  

The best solution is either a big ass “NY” like all the other major New York teams fall back on or staying the course with our team name and a football icon. 

The only other opportunity was renaming the team entirely, either towards an animal (Lions, Bears, half the league) or aggressive human (Chief, Cowboy, the other half of the league).  The Browns are named after a business executive and the Jets are named after an outdated technology.  These two teams have crappy naming conventions. It’s what it is.

SAR I

Jets are outdated? How do you travel, Virgin Galactic, or teleporters? LOL. Sometimes, you're just too silly to deal with.

Just now, Matt39 said:

The old one did all of that. A lot better than this one does.

Because there was custom and tradition built into it. 

I don’t get why everyone is whining about no airplane on our logos. We’ve never really done that and I’m perfectly okay with it. I never think of the Jets as based on aeronautics, I think of the Jets as football.

I am really disappointed that there isn’t that many Jets fans who are mad/saddened by the loss of such classic AFL uniform. Throwing away that history for 2nd time is just so shortsighted. The uniforms needed tweaking. Lighter/brighter  green to match 1960s era, fixing the shoulder lines that Nike messed up. Simple stuff.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The old uniforms were conservative, and a link to the only team in this sh*tdick franchise's history to ever win a chip to boot. 

I did not want to change uniforms. But we did and now we look like other teams in modern threads like the Chargers, Patriots, Titans, Jaguars, and Texans.  

We are on par with their designs. Nothing to cry about.

SAR I

So you're essentially saying "don't hate them because they could have been worse".  I'd rather they kept their previous uniforms (which were really good, btw)

That’s fine and all, but we have known for a while now that we were getting new uniforms. This is kind of like “getting to the AFC Championship game to me. Yeah, it would have been nice to win the SB (better logo) but man, it could have been worse. A LOT WORSE (Bowles?)

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bubble letters and a cartoon Football. Bad ass, indeed.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because there was custom and tradition built into it. 

I don’t get why everyone is whining about no airplane on our logos. We’ve never really done that and I’m perfectly okay with it. I never think of the Jets as based on aeronautics, I think of the Jets as football.

I prefer the classic uniform. Im ok with an update, but this is just an off the shelf template that was popular in the early 2000's. It looks cheap and rushed. Also the unnecessary addition of black(which we did once and it failed) its totally outdated. Hell ,even the Mets dropped the black.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes. Exactly. To both of your statements. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I am really disappointed that there isn’t that many Jets fans who are mad/saddened by the loss of such classic AFL uniform. Throwing away that history for 2nd time is just so shortsighted. The uniforms needed tweaking. Lighter/brighter  green to match 1960s era, fixing the shoulder lines that Nike messed up. Simple stuff.

Teams are trying to sell uniforms. I’m a soccer fan so I find all of this love of threads to be boring. Do bold and do different, nostalgia is overrated.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I did not want to change uniforms. But we did and now we look like other teams in modern threads like the Chargers, Patriots, Titans, Jaguars, and Texans.  

We are on par with their designs. Nothing to cry about.

SAR I

Great keep naming some of the worst uniforms in football. Most with no history at all to fall back on.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Teams are trying to sell uniforms. I’m a soccer fan so I find all of this love of threads to be boring. Do bold and do different, nostalgia is overrated.

I don’t care what they’re trying to do. Same shortsightness is why Yankees bulldozed yankee stadium for a mall 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I prefer the classic uniform. Im ok with an update, but this is just an off the shelf template that was popular in the early 2000's. It looks cheap and rushed. Add the unnecessary addition of black(which we did once and it failed) is totally outdated. Hell ,even the Mets dropped the black.

I’ve been against black since the team announce new uniforms. I’m pleasantly surprised with how this black looks and it has enough green on it that it could look good on TV.

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I hope so. I kinda like them.

As do I.  I was terrified we would look like a bad imitation of the Seahawks or Buccaneers. I am quite happy that we look like a variation of the Chargers. 

My only disappointment with a modern uniform like this is that we went with black instead of gunmetal gray which I think would’ve looked fantastic against the green.

The black alternate is what the Jets believe is going to get fans very excited and the irony is people are just dismissing them as if they were not just introduced, the Jets are getting no props for the black uni’s and instead are hearing about helmet logos and stripes.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Great keep naming some of the worst uniforms in football. Most with no history at all to fall back on.

There are two types of fans right now; those that want to hold onto our old uniforms and those who are willing to take a chance on modern uniforms. 

Since the Jets announced that they are firmly going modern I decided to embrace that idea and let go of the nostalgic look. The teams I mentioned are the ones that wear uniforms that are not connected to anything in their heritage but chose fresh new modern designs. Our new uniform is on par with those designs. Not better, not worse. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

As do I.  I was terrified we would look like a bad imitation of the Seahawks or Buccaneers. I am quite happy that we look like a variation of the Chargers. 

My only disappointment with a modern uniform like this is that we went with black instead of gunmetal gray which I think would’ve looked fantastic against the green.

The black alternate is what the Jets believe is going to get fans very excited and the irony is people are just dismissing them as if they were not just introduced, the Jets are getting no props for the black uni’s and instead are hearing about helmet logos and stripes.

SAR I

The logo is utterly terrible. I’m hoping it’s not. That looks like something from MS paint. 

• Post of the Week 1