Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The conversation of uniform updates should begin and end with Oregon's strategy. Not necessarily copying the designs, but having the balls to do something that sets the next trend, champions refined design quality and aesthetics, and centers all design decisions around an appropriate design metaphor.

Man, I wish. But that would cause a breakdown of any fan base experiencing that kind of experimentation. 

The most fun thing here is our shiny helmet. I dig it and the design will really shine when the tv camera come on.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As do I.  I was terrified we would look like a bad imitation of the Seahawks or Buccaneers. I am quite happy that we look like a variation of the Chargers. 

My only disappointment with a modern uniform like this is that we went with black instead of gunmetal gray which I think would’ve looked fantastic against the green.

The black alternate is what the Jets believe is going to get fans very excited and the irony is people are just dismissing them as if they were not just introduced, the Jets are getting no props for the black uni’s and instead are hearing about helmet logos and stripes.

SAR I

I like the black too but hell that gun metal gray you mentioned sounds awesome. Different too. If the helmet logo is as displayed I'd be a little disappointed. Thought a more modern looking design would have been the one.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are two types of fans right now; those that want to hold onto our old uniforms and those who are willing to take a chance on modern uniforms. 

Since the Jets announced that they are firmly going modern I decided to embrace that idea and let go of the nostalgic look. The teams I mentioned are the ones that wear uniforms that are not connected to anything in their heritage but chose fresh new modern designs. Our new uniform is on par with those designs. Not better, not worse. 

SAR I

Well my hope is they’ll pull an islanders or Sabres and reverse course soon after

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I surely enjoyed the money the Jets put on my swipecards,  Bought my rookie Darnold jersey with the leftover money because we buy very few concessions in the stadium.  But that has nothing to do with the rewards program.  That program flat out sucks.  As in, sucks ass bad.  They need to scrap it and just give all season ticket holders discounts at the Jets shop.  To hell with the crappy trinkets,  Don't want them.  

I’d rather express lines into stadium.  I can’t stand being stuck behind people who can’t get their mobile tickets to scan or load.  

• Upvote 2

one thing about these new designs is that they seem to have meshed together elements from all of the previous uniforms from the jets. I’m sure the 50th anniversary of SBIII has something to do with it. I think even the football on the helmet is the same from that weird gorilla face logo F335608B-D22D-420C-BE8E-1CA54AABEA81.gif.31c2293e12ae0b97c000455c80a7d44a.gif

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

It was just a flash, but colors looked darker and there was more to them than what we saw. 

Florio says these are them, so perhaps they made some tweeks since the shoot.

I'm still waiting on that lime green look to appear somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I like the black too but hell that gun metal gray you mentioned sounds awesome. Different too. If the helmet logo is as displayed I'd be a little disappointed. Thought a more modern looking design would have been the one.

He's parroting me - I've been lobbying for gunmetal grey and the stealth motif forever.

• Sympathy 1

This is a site for a guy that sells templates, and people buy them, use them and upload their art. It's basically hobby-design, maybe student work, maybe maybe some professionals putting stuff clients sh*t on up... and the majority of it is more nuanced, intricate and interesting than what we've ended up with.

https://hof.sportstemplates.net/

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No NFL team has a breakthrough, radically designed primary uniform.  That’s what alternates are for.  I’m not sure why anyone thought the Jets were going to reinvent the wheel here. 

What we have is on par with other NFL teams in modern uniforms. It’s not awesome. It’s not ugly. It’s just average. 

Personally, I thought our 68’s were Top 10 in the league but apparently the Jets and some fans thought otherwise. 

SAR I

Says the guy who was sure we had white helmets.  Honestly your opinion is meaningless.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

It was just a flash, but colors looked darker and there was more to them than what we saw. 

Florio says these are them, so perhaps they made some tweeks since the shoot.

Florio has no additional sources or inside information. If he did, he would have clearly stated so in his article especially since no one else has been able to officially confirm this. 

He’s just summarizing the unconfirmed opinions on the web that we are all seeing.  His additional statement that they are the real deal is no different than anyone else’s guesses. 

The closest we’ve seen from some actual confirmation is Connor Hughes’ tweet from this morning.  Other than that, no one has been able to confirm that these are fake or real. Even Adams walked back his IG comment from this morning. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are two types of fans right now; those that want to hold onto our old uniforms and those who are willing to take a chance on modern uniforms. 

Since the Jets announced that they are firmly going modern I decided to embrace that idea and let go of the nostalgic look. The teams I mentioned are the ones that wear uniforms that are not connected to anything in their heritage but chose fresh new modern designs. Our new uniform is on par with those designs. Not better, not worse. 

SAR I

These uniforms aren’t modern.  They are dollar store trash.  Cheap.  There are many of us who wanted modern and think this is cheap, uninspired, unoriginal crap.  These belong on a childrens team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you're essentially saying "don't hate them because they could have been worse".  I'd rather they kept their previous uniforms (which were really good, btw)

I didn't really care for the previous uniforms but they were 10000% Better than this Hot Mess.