Jump to content

Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If we're going to ban people for name calling in this thread, let me put a list together for you - I've elicited at least 3 instances of being called something. LOL

Shut up, Dummy. 

(4)

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new avatar. It should help you identify who I am, plus I think it's really modern and badass.

Helmets are white, just like SAR said. 

I was going to ban you for daring us, but instead I will just ask you to walk away. Also, @SAR I - stop reporting posts. You can try to play innocent all you want but you provoke people and at so

Posted Images

Just now, rayzor said:

The font is bigger than before so the bigger the letters, the more it will follow the contour and the more it will look curved.

honestly it’s hard to tell without seeing it clearly. you can tell the perspectives are distorted- darnold should be like 4” taller than adams 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I like them...

they are starting to grow on me, I think the helmet will look better than it does here. it looks like it’s got some sort of iridescent or chrome finish and there may be something in the back, maybe a gradation like on the jags helmet

Link to post
Share on other sites

if these are pre-final iteration, the “logo” on the helmet may just be placeholder.

I think that is the most likely change we could see tomorrow. 

Also, it isn’t clear how the “knives” (i don’t see how  the Jets see this deconstructed element from their 80’s logo as even remotely on-brand as a stand alone element), how they terminate behind the back. 

Do they taper like in the front? is there a connecting line? is it more similar to the actual 80’s logo?

the stand alone element that we have seen in the 4/4 promo video and collateral is basically a wedge, a knife. 

it doesn’t elucidate or help clarify the branding. No idea why they focused on this knife as if it somehow equates with taking flight, wings, or whatever.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

they are starting to grow on me, I think the helmet will look better than it does here. it looks like it’s got some sort of iridescent or chrome finish and there may be something in the back, maybe a gradation like on the jags helmet

I think some of the reactions are knee-jerk, nitpicky.  Sure, there are some that really don't like them.  

But I think they are sleek.   The team looks faster to me already.   

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No NFL team has a breakthrough, radically designed primary uniform.  That’s what alternates are for.  I’m not sure why anyone thought the Jets were going to reinvent the wheel here. 

What we have is on par with other NFL teams in modern uniforms. It’s not awesome. It’s not ugly. It’s just average. 

Personally, I thought our 68’s were Top 10 in the league but apparently the Jets and some fans thought otherwise. 

SAR I

Seattle did and that’s the direction I wish we went. But still pleased with these

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

The on;y thing I’m not thrilled with is the helmet

The metallic green /black or the logo?  It's the logo that's "underwhelming" to me. Especially the cartoonish football.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think some of the reactions are knee-jerk, nitpicky.  Sure, there are some that really don't like them.  

But I think they are sleek.   The team looks faster to me already.   

 

 

I think people had their hearts set on a retro kelly green slanted letters reboot. it would have been cool but maybe that’s better suited for throwbacks later anyway. I’m sure they want to milk this cow as much as possible

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I think some of the reactions are knee-jerk, nitpicky.  Sure, there are some that really don't like them.  

But I think they are sleek.   The team looks faster to me already.   

 

 

I have no issue with the jersey and pants, Saskatchewan/North Texas redux notwithstanding, but that helmet logo is freaking terrible. Awful. 

 

Also, Jets merch is already difficult to wear on a day to day basis because, lets face it, green doesn't really go with much well, and now were getting metallic chrome electric watermelon green. I hate to say it (if this leak is legit), but JoeWilly12 has been correct....

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The metallic green /black or the logo?  It's the logo that's "underwhelming" to me. Especially the cartoonish football.

the football is a little weird. I would have rather done a streak running around the back

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

At least Darnold got to wear uniform Joe Namath wore one season 

Those uniforms are too plain and have zero personality.  The nfl has changed in the past 50 years and the jets are finally catching up - both in terms of personnel and style.  Don’t worry, the helmet still has elements of the lame logo though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have no issue with the jersey and pants, Saskatchewan/North Texas redux notwithstanding, but that helmet logo is freaking terrible. Awful. 

 

Also, Jets merch is already difficult to wear on a day to day basis because, lets face it, green doesn't really go with much well, and now were getting metallic chrome electric watermelon green. I hate to say it (if this leak is legit), but JoeWilly12 has been correct....

Can't argue with that...

The logo is boring too...

Now you guys are talking me out of liking them. 

Ugh... 

I do like the color...

What now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Those uniforms are too plain and have zero personality.  The nfl has changed in the past 50 years and the jets are finally catching up - both in terms of personnel and style.  Don’t worry, the helmet still has elements of the lame logo though.

Utter nonsense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Also, Jets merch is already difficult to wear on a day to day basis because, lets face it, green doesn't really go with much well, and now were getting metallic chrome electric watermelon green. I hate to say it (if this leak is legit), but JoeWilly12 has been correct....

Thank you brother!!!!!  Preach...............

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, fullblast said:

The stripe on Herndon's pant leg seems inconsistent with the others, almost like the pants are on backwards.

 

 

Screenshot_20190403-212202_Gallery.jpg

I like how he looks like he's wearing a cape, like Green Superman.

The new uniform's are very nice.  The more I look at them the more I like them.

SAR I

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...