Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

37 minutes ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

The on;y thing I’m not thrilled with is the helmet

I think when you see it in the proper light you're going to love it.  Looks like automotive paint that can look bright green in sunshine and near black at night.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Uniforms we won SBIII in. Like I said, no one cares about the teams history 

This is history.   The last time the Jets changed their uniform, they fielded the best team the franchise ever had.  1998.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The Broncos unis are ugly too.  

I keep asking for examples of world-class modern NFL uniform design and the Smoovers can only name one-  the Seahawks.

And I think they are just awful and haven't stood the test of time well either.  I like where we're headed.  Clean, simple, but we can mod it with alternates and helmet decals.

Oh, and no one noticed, but we have the first black uniform in our history and its as if it's not happening.  "We don't look new!" and yet we're getting an all-black setup.  LOL.  Too many crayons in this thread.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I can’t imagine your wardrobe if you think bucs have nice uniforms 

Where did you get that from?  The Bucs are the epitome of an awful modern NFL uniform.

My point is that we are better than some (Bucs, Jags, Seahawks) and on par with the rest.  Our threads are a mix of the Chargers, Dolphins, and Patriots.  That's fine company in the world of modern NFL uniform design.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Jets are turning their back on their history for the almighty dollar. Ditching these classic AFL uniforms for at best CFL uniforms, at worst high school level.

They are now the Saskatchewan Jet Riders.

Super-Bowl-III.jpg

joe-namath-3.jpg

JetsHuddleInEZ.jpg

bad05860-1f24-464f-a25e-f0dc6ab5e5cd-USA

1554778_APTOPIX_Jets_Lions_Football-1024

usa_today_11222200.0.jpg

Honestly, there’s nothing special about these uniforms. In fact, the Jets uniform was one of the most bland and boring uniforms in the league. Pretty much anything will be better than what we have now.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_8020961.jpg?itok=wNijplw-&timesta

usatsi_7387492.jpg?itok=TLhwrtzy&timesta

usatsi_7398320.jpg?itok=hLelPB0Y&timesta

usatsi_7642124.jpg?itok=NvxBeWah&timesta

usatsi_7491101.jpg?itok=_R1neIGo&timesta

usatsi_7482137.jpg?itok=aZ-bLMnu&timesta

usatsi_7679568.jpg?itok=QRjMYUrl&timesta

usatsi_7675184.jpg?itok=E6nSy_eU&timesta

Those are the recent/current attempts at "modern" uniforms.  Ours is on par or superior to all of these.  I like what I'm seeing.

SAR I

The Seattle uniform change was by far the best. Great color change. The Bucs logo is awesome.

1 minute ago, Viermoo said:

Honestly, there’s nothing special about these uniforms. In fact, the Jets uniform was one of the most bland and boring uniforms in the league. Pretty much anything will be better than what we have now.

I thought so until I saw these dollar store leaks.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Florio has no sources, he's basing his report off of the best writers on Twitter confirming it was real. He has no inside information. All he does is report on what other people report.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I think the Jets had prototypes on display at a preview, a sort of road to how we got here and these are a shot of those.

Not mocked up on 6 models it isn't.  When at that stage, the renderings would have been done 4+ years ago and those players were still in college.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because modern uniforms are ass. People look to the Bears, Raiders,  Chiefs, Cowboys for great uniforms. All simple and classic. 

That's what we just had since 1998, I put us Top 10 in the NFL.

The crying over the loss of the AFL classics took place in July.  It's April.  Comparing the new threads to all-time classics like the Raiders and Bears isn't the discussion.  We compare ourselves to a different class of uniform now, the modern class.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I keep asking for examples of world-class modern NFL uniform design and the Smoovers can only name one-  the Seahawks.

And I think they are just awful and haven't stood the test of time well either.  I like where we're headed.  Clean, simple, but we can mod it with alternates and helmet decals.

Oh, and no one noticed, but we have the first black uniform in our history and its as if it's not happening.  "We don't look new!" and yet we're getting an all-black setup.  LOL.  Too many crayons in this thread.

SAR I

Pretty clear the biggest disappointment for the masses is the logo/helmet.  I admit, it is plain.

Then lots of "one-thingers."  "I like them except for_______."  (one thing)

Seems like most dig the new color scheme.   I think the new green has life, the old green was flat.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Florio has no additional sources or inside information. If he did, he would have clearly stated so in his article especially since no one else has been able to officially confirm this. 

He’s just summarizing the unconfirmed opinions on the web that we are all seeing.  His additional statement that they are the real deal is no different than anyone else’s guesses. 

The closest we’ve seen from some actual confirmation is Connor Hughes’ tweet from this morning.  Other than that, no one has been able to confirm that these are fake or real. Even Adams walked back his IG comment from this morning. 

Eric Allen from nyjets.com went out of his way to randomly mention "Gray" in a post about Sam Darnold. It was shoved in the post. It was weird.

Maybe that was a subtle way of the Jets denying that those were the real jerseys. Either way the gray comment was weird.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Rough riders remake aside the New York across the chest is cringe worthy. That and the black jerseys are just ugly. Again though if the team in proves, whatever. I just want my clearanced old school darnold jersey and I'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_8020961.jpg?itok=wNijplw-&timesta

usatsi_7387492.jpg?itok=TLhwrtzy&timesta

usatsi_7398320.jpg?itok=hLelPB0Y&timesta

usatsi_7642124.jpg?itok=NvxBeWah&timesta

usatsi_7491101.jpg?itok=_R1neIGo&timesta

usatsi_7482137.jpg?itok=aZ-bLMnu&timesta

usatsi_7679568.jpg?itok=QRjMYUrl&timesta

usatsi_7675184.jpg?itok=E6nSy_eU&timesta

Those are the recent/current attempts at "modern" uniforms.  Ours is on par or superior to all of these.  I like what I'm seeing.

SAR I

no it isn’t. not even close. creative director in branding speaking...

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Rough riders remake aside the New York across the chest is cringe worthy. That and the black jerseys are just ugly. Again though if the team in proves, whatever. I just want my clearanced old school darnold jersey and I'll be fine.

I got a signed darnold last year and glad I did. How they screw up this bad. Our only hope is the leak is false

• Upvote 2