Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 hours ago, Vader said:

it is very weird. implying that like gate yanks grey aways the jets will have a grey element going on 

very strange comment from someone in the know

I don't get why people are saying there is anything to this. EA is responding to the tweet that says Darnold is wearing all black. He is clearly wearing black pants and a grey sweater and hat. EA is just pointing out its not all back.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, these aren’t bad considering what they might have done.  I’m not a fan of black for blacks sake but even that isn’t bad.  They kept it fairly simple and didn’t make it too busy like the god awful Titans uniform.  

I don’t think you all needed to change the uniform you had, other than the helmet logo had too much going on.  Otherwise it was a great look.

Be glad they didn’t go full on arena league.  I can see these getting some traction if the team starts winning

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think I like them but will reserve judgment until I see the real thing.

I’ve got two questions:

Are our star players going to put them on for the presser?

Is this where we find out that Bell is still at 260 lbs?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bell has been in official interviews where you see him, and not only is he not 260 he looks to be in excellent shape. Possibly even lower than his playing weight.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

Eric Allen from nyjets.com went out of his way to randomly mention "Gray" in a post about Sam Darnold. It was shoved in the post. It was weird.

Maybe that was a subtle way of the Jets denying that those were the real jerseys. Either way the gray comment was weird.

New theory.  

The leaked photo is legit but only “half” the story.  The leaked photo is only the left side of a promo picture, the right side of the promo picture has variations of the uniform in grey.  This would explain the cryptic tweet as well as why the ‘take flight’ is cut in half. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I was going to ban you for daring us, but instead I will just ask you to walk away.

Also, @SAR I - stop reporting posts. You can try to play innocent all you want but you provoke people and at some point it will just be a lot easier to ban you again than deal with the fall out that you create. The fact that you are reporting so many posts isn't helping your case. You provoke people, if you choose to continue doing that you will need thicker skin.

Also, part deux, don't PM me to clarify any of this. 

Wait... SAR reports posts?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

New theory.  

The leaked photo is legit but only “half” the story.  The leaked photo is only the left side of a promo picture, the right side of the promo picture has variations of the uniform in grey.  This would explain the cryptic tweet as well as why the ‘take flight’ is cut in half. 

Top right and bottom right both have the white “take flight” design element cropping part of the green bg. Both seem to be working towards a right edge just past the logo.

My guess, if this isn’t them, is that these are an old pitch they didn’t go with. Basically leaked on purpose to troll fans into heightened interest. Marketing and PR do stuff like this with social now. It’s become an almost guerills tactic.

Anyway, we’ll see soon enough.

• Upvote 2

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of women. Crying over a uniform change. Our old school Unis were boring as hell, our 80s Unis sucked too. 

I don't give rats azz about these new Unis other than they say JETS somewhere & this September I'm watching Le'veon Bell spike the ball in the endzone in his new Jets uniform after scoring another TD! 

Did anyone really believe Nike could satisfy your design wishes? Nike ruins pretty much everything they touch. How about the sweaty kangaroo pouches they gave us so we could watch Nick Mangolds stomach grow at the end of his career. 

Just win baby! 

• Upvote 1

Might not mean anything to you guys over in the States, but it'll be great to walk around the UK in that black Jets jersey that has New York above the number. It gives people more indication of what it is.

As I've said previously in this thread, it's about branding, it's about becoming synonymous with football, New York, and the Jets. The organisation clearly want to be "seen", and a jersey like the ones in the leak, without New York on the chest, don't give any indication to those who don't know, as to what they represent.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

New theory.  

I like this theory. They may have a whole other side with different variations. Similar to o Oregon and their multitude of unis.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Another thought on why this photo may be a fake...

Would the Jets risk including Robby Anderson in promotional material?  Did he sign his RFA tender yet?  What if a team signs him to an offer sheet this afternoon?

What's the worst that would happen even if Robby left?  Photoshop him out of the pic?

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Would the Jets risk including Robby Anderson in promotional material?  Did he sign his RFA tender yet?  What if a team signs him to an offer sheet this afternoon?

The Jets had Adrian Murrell model the new unis in 1998 and he was gone a few months later.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

New theory.  

I think you may be right, they are only showing 3 variations of the uni combos, my guess is there are more but the more I look at The ones in the image the more I like them.  I don't love the logo but I like the shade of green on the helmet.  I'm really surprised I like them 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

New theory.  

Old theory. I mentioned it yesterday. A few others too  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait... SAR reports posts?

When being personally attacked (way over the line) I thought it’s what I was supposed to do to avoid further conflict. Apparently I was incorrect and won’t be doing that again. 

SAR I

44 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What if the individual photos of the players were taken sporadically, when their offseason schedules permitted over the last three months, and the leaked image was taken over the shoulder of a graphic artist who was in the process of creating the final composite a few days ago?

That’s what I think this may be. He was dragging and dropping them into place and stacked them on the left to start.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

He at first denied it and then backtracked a few hours later in a cute/coy sort of way.  As for wearing non-Nike accessories, it was shown that that's how the renderings were released for the Jaguars last year.

The Draft Cap leaked and the Uniform leaked.  Just like it did for every NFL team prior, no different for the Jets.  These are our uniforms and I like them.

SAR I

It's tough to keep track of everything when you're not having a hang around the internet day.  :)  

If these are the new uniforms, which I'm still not entirely convinced they are, I'm fine with it. I expected it to be somewhat more drastic but oh well. Not a big deal. I'm one who likes our current uniforms so there's that. The 80's / 90's uniforms are weak. It's the uniform I had as a kid and all that, but it's just not very good. I'd rather that logo be used for the throwback games instead of the Titans crap, but I differ from many others who were hoping for some iteration of that logo to return. I'm happy it's not. 

The way I see the change is much less of an overhaul than I thought, but it's more sleek and streamlined. Reminiscent of the NFL logo change we saw last time. Essentially the same brand, but updated and sleeker. Taking away those curly swirly letters that the 60's and 70's loved so much. I get people who are disappointed, but this is far better than coming out with some two tone Jacksonville style helmet or chrome even.  I like it overall, but am bracing for something completely different to come out tonight.  lol 

Overall I approve. 

Unknown.png.c74e53a85efc371e81e25b9faa9882df.png

• Upvote 1