Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I agree. Green is my favorite color, although shades of green are much more delicate. Go a shade too far and you have vomit, diarrhea, pee after you just started taking vitamins, etc. Blue is so much friendlier. 

it's easy to see a jets uniform mockup that looks like the seahawks color rush and that would be too harsh as the primary unis.

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this is it i agree.  i think so many thought we'd get a radical new look but that's not the johnsons, and that's not the jets.  

aside from the rather boring logo on the helmet everything looks great.  and truth, the helmet logo is a nod to the past, and i get that.  i wish the font were a bit sleeker, only gripe.

Ucontext.jpg

Good post.  In the context of other new/modern NFL uniforms we stand up quite nicely.  No ugly collar like the Texans and Jaguars, no awkward shoulder blocking like the Titans and Bucs, no bizarre watermarks like the Seahawks or silly arm mascots like the Patriots.

Our classic uniforms were understated and classy and in the context of the other modern-look NFL teams the same can be said.  I think only the Chargers look better than us in this group.  Good job by the Jets and Nike.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

untitled.png

Victory.

SAR I

I was really hoping for something to make our team look meaner. I think the old uniforms had a more mean look to them. This seems like an attempt to make us look modern and slick. Not that they look bad but I don't  like the direction they took

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

When being personally attacked (way over the line) I thought it’s what I was supposed to do to avoid further conflict. Apparently I was incorrect and won’t be doing that again. 

SAR I

Crying victim doesn’t play here when you ceaselessly provoke people. I’m speaking from experience, but I never reported people. I was more of a BS litigator when I got in trouble. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

It's funny, I hated the white jersey/green pants combo in the current uniform design. But IMO this combo is the best of the three versions of the new look.

Same here. I think it looks better on Jamal than Robbie though-- I think it's the numbers. I thought I'd hate the black but I think I like it better than the green at this point.

Just now, Drums said:

Same here. I think it looks better on Jamal than Robbie though-- I think it's the numbers. I thought I'd hate the black but I think I like it better than the green at this point.

I like the green. It looks like a throwback to the 80s uniform.

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

I like the new green but I hope to god that helmet logo isn't it. If the are eliminating the "NY" on the helmet because they are based and play in NJ, that sucks.

image.png.e7fcb03b93de16a82c869e6124c9ca3d.png

LOL they have New York spelled out across their chest.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Crying victim doesn’t play here when you ceaselessly provoke people. I’m speaking from experience, but I never reported people. I was more of a BS litigator when I got in trouble. 

It's fine.  I was avoiding fighting back.  Now I won't.

SAR I

Just now, Drums said:

I like it too but I think they're my least favorite of the three. What do you think of the blacks?

I think we could have done without the black version, to be honest. I guess it's fine as an occasional alternate, but I'd rather go with the other two more often.

• Upvote 1

Remove the oval and the NY and it’s the exact same ******* logo 
Seriously. People complaining about the new logo with the arguments that the old one was better just hate change. It's basically the EXACT same.

If you don't like the old logo and don't like the new one then I can understand complaining

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

Good post.  In the context of other new/modern NFL uniforms we stand up quite nicely.  No ugly collar like the Texans and Jaguars, no awkward shoulder blocking like the Titans and Bucs, no bizarre watermarks like the Seahawks or silly arm mascots like the Patriots.

Our classic uniforms were understated and classy and in the context of the other modern-look NFL teams the same can be said.  I think only the Chargers look better than us in this group.  Good job by the Jets and Nike.

SAR I

I hope they have an all white version too. All white with that metallic helmet would be cool. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

I think we could have done without the black version, to be honest. I guess it's fine as an occasional alternate, but I'd rather go with the other two more often.

And I think they will for sure. I am a person that wants a few extra jerseys. I think they're fun to try out once in a while, even if they don't wear them a lot. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

SAR I

interesting seeing a compilation of 8 other teams, most of them have blue in them.  the jets and eagles are immediately different b/c of green as the primary color.  it limits what you can do, and it makes adding colors like black and tan and lime green look way more prominent and different.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I like the new green but I hope to god that helmet logo isn't it. If the are eliminating the "NY" on the helmet because they are based and play in NJ, that sucks. The word "Jets" in a crappy font with a little football under it is weak

image.png.e7fcb03b93de16a82c869e6124c9ca3d.png

So I guess Maye is changing his number. He's barely on the field anyway, so no big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I like it too but I think they're my least favorite of the three. What do you think of the blacks?

I like them all.  I have stated on here numerous times (and I know I am in the BIG TIME minority) that I wanted black.  Everything I own for Jets (except jerseys) is black:  2 jackets (one from '97 that I still wear - the Parcells one), caps, winter hats, gloves, shirts, shorts, etc etc etc.  

I just got a Darnold jersey last year, so my first will be the black.  Probably Adams.  eventually will get all three, but in time.  My b-day is Monday, so hopefully they are out by then and the wife and kiddies surprise me!

• Upvote 1

LOL they have New York spelled out across their chest.

The Jets are a $5 Billion dollar business and having a jersey that very clearly says "New York" on it will sell millions more and grow awareness of the brand.  The Jets separated the "NY" from "Jets" on the helmet logo.  But people don't buy helmets and wear them on the streets of London.

Fan Caps:  Full logo that says "New York" and "Jets" together, see Draft Cap leak.

Fan Jerseys:  Now says "New York" right across the chest, like the Yankees, Mets, etc. unmistakable who they represent.

Team Uniform:  Jersey says "New York" helmet says "Jets" same impact as current setup, allows new logo to breathe a bit.

Smart marketing and branding principles.  It's Manhattan.  Fashion and merchandising capital of the country.  I didn't expect anything less.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

I hope they have an all white version too. All white with that metallic helmet would be cool. 

They certainly will.  It's at the team discretion how to mix and match the jerseys and pants.  We'll have an all-black, an all-green, a white out, etc.  Question is will we also have a gunmetal grey, something I've been hoping for.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is a throwback to the 90’s uniform

So is the white jersey/green pants version. To me this uniform is an amalgam of the current uniform (the logo) with those 80s/90s uniforms. I know a lot of you don't like it, but I think it's cool.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are a $5 Billion dollar business and having a jersey that very clearly says "New York" on it will sell millions more and grow awareness of the brand.  The Jets separated the "NY" from "Jets" on the helmet logo.  But people don't buy helmets and wear them on the streets of London.

Fan Caps:  Full logo that says "New York" and "Jets" together, see Draft Cap leak.

Fan Jerseys:  Now says "New York" right across the chest, like the Yankees, Mets, etc. unmistakable who they represent.

Team Uniform:  Jersey says "New York" helmet says "Jets" same impact as current setup, allows new logo to breathe a bit.

Smart marketing and branding principles.  It's Manhattan.  Fashion and merchandising capital of the country.  I didn't expect anything less.

SAR I

patrick_ewing_charles_oakley-681x383.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I personally hate the color rush - all green.  bright, dark, whatever.  looks awful.  was so happy that the first Monday night game we wore all white!  but then came the Vikings game...

my hope is that when it's "color rush" time they use the black instead of the shrek look.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

They certainly will.  It's at the team discretion how to mix and match the jerseys and pants.  We'll have an all-black, an all-green, a white out, etc.  Question is will we also have a gunmetal grey, something I've been hoping for.

SAR I

That would be cool too. I like the accent colors. Cautiously optimistic on what the lime is going to be

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

So is the white jersey/green pants version. To me this uniform is an amalgam of the current uniform (the logo) with those 80s/90s uniform. I know a lot of you don't like it, but I think it's cool.

Compared to the New Jersey transit mock ups that  came out earlier these are a homerun

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I personally hate the color rush - all green.  bright, dark, whatever.  looks awful.  was so happy that the first Monday night game we wore all white!  but then came the Vikings game...

my hope is that when it's "color rush" time they use the black instead of the shrek look.

I didn't like the all green or the color rush. Both looked terrible. 

The white-outs were awesome though.

• Upvote 1

So is the white jersey/green pants version. To me this uniform is an amalgam of the current uniform (the logo) with those 80s/90s uniform. I know a lot of you don't like it, but I think it's cool.

I was just about to type this.  I think that log is a combo of our previous two.  basically took the "current" one, removed the football outline and NY, and kept the smaller football underneath.  I mean I still have not seen a VERY clear pic of the helmets, but at first glance all I see is "JETS" and I thought it was the 80s version.  now that I have been reading it's this new logo from that German youtube vid, it's basically the "JETS" from the 80s, but they kept the football underneath from current.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

interesting seeing a compilation of 8 other teams, most of them have blue in them.  the jets and eagles are immediately different b/c of green as the primary color.  it limits what you can do, and it makes adding colors like black and tan and lime green look way more prominent and different.  

We have a big logo challenge too, people don't seem to realize this.

Unlike all the other NFL teams, the Jets and Browns have a unique problem.  Browns are named after a business executive.  Jets are named after a piece of 50 year old technology.  If we made our logo, say, an airplane, it's unidentifiable as an NFL team, could take 30 years for it to take root, and any cap you'd wear people might think you work for Boeing or an airline.  Airplane styling changes over the years, a stealth fighter would have looked cool in 1990, looks passe today, can't build a brand around a logo that changes all the time.  Military jet?  That's not the type of connection the NFL wants, war and politics, can't happen.  Some see a contrail or a wing as a solution, but that just looks like a diagonal line, it's not a brand.

We need the word "Jets" in whatever logo we choose.  So using "Jets" with an icon of a football is a good workaround for the problem we face.  And it's been working since 1964.  The Jets are one of the most popular and valuable franchises in all of professional sports.  People know our logo.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1